Help, Support and Suggestions

Nav buttons disappearing...
Darwin at 12:23PM, April 5, 2010
(online)
I use Raw HTML for my Comic Only Half, graciously designed for me. I know just enough HTML to maintain it, and to fix small problems with the code as they arise.

However this one has me stumped.

I noticed it first about a month ago and I'm not sure that it has anything to do with anything, but it was right around the time of the most recent updates to the site.

Here's the issue. I have a home page which is simply a blog and a link to the “current” page (it's not current it actually defaults to the second to last - an ongoing problem with DD that I know about and I know hasn't gotten fixed yet). No issues there, the links are all going where they need to be. The problem is with the Comic page itself. All of the pages in the archive look fine until you get to that magical second to last page where my “next” button above and below the image disappear (I mean not just the image - the link goes away too). When you click the current page link above the image it takes you to the last page in the comic and then all but the first button disappear! SAY WHAT??

I have looked at the code and can't see anything that might cause the problem I'm finding here. Here is the code as it looks in my RAW HTML

Comic RAW HTML

Here is how it looks on the second to last page. (taken directly from view source):

View Source second to last page

And here is the view source for the last page…

View Source Last page

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it?

I could use the help!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
ozoneocean at 1:07AM, April 7, 2010
(online)
I see you got this to work?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Darwin at 6:21AM, April 9, 2010
(online)
Nope the Nav buttons on the page still are disappearing on the last two pages of the comic…

It's weird because Plague isn't having that problem and it is a raw html set up too…I don't know what's going on. I don't know whether the metatags are incorrect and not correlating when it gets to the last two pages or what.
ozoneocean at 7:07AM, April 9, 2010
(online)
Which two pages?

If it's just two pages in the middle of your comic somewhere, then that's because of an uploading bug thing…
I'm not sure of the circumstances in which it happens, but from memory it's something like you have a few pages queued and then you go and do a manual update that puts your new page ahead of all the earlier queued pages that will now show up after it in your archive.

I think that's where the problem happens. I think it only affects the manually updated page… It's something to do with updates out of sequence and the system can't recognise it properly so doesn't know what sort of navigation links to give it.
I'm not sure, but I think the only fix is to delete that page and upload another to replace it- moving that to the right place in your archive.

Darwin at 6:20AM, April 12, 2010
(online)
Interesting, so my manually moved placeholder page may be screwing up the nav buttons? Well I have an autoupdate this Wednesday, so I will remove my placeholder and see if that helps the situation.

Makes sense, because I think I noticed it only after I started putting the placeholder there.

I'll let you know if it works after Wednesday.
Darwin at 6:32AM, April 12, 2010
(online)
Well I'm not going to say 100%…but it looks like that was exactly the problem. I deleted the “placeholder” and the nav buttons are now back to normal! Thanks for the suggestion!
ozoneocean at 8:31AM, April 12, 2010
(online)
Fantastic! :)
I'm so glad this will hopefully work ^__^

Darwin at 6:12AM, April 14, 2010
(online)
Yup, that has done it! The new page updated today and no issues with the buttons!

Thanks again for the help Ozone!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved