Help, Support and Suggestions

Necroposting?
humorman at 10:55PM, March 14, 2009
(offline)
Although necroposting isn't technically a violation of rules, I and a good portion of the Internet community find it to be rather annoying. Lately, I've been seeing more needless necroposting than usual(specifically, in forum games where it has run rampant). Can someone do anything about this?

Thanks (in advance).

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
skoolmunkee at 3:09AM, March 15, 2009
(online)
It's not a crime to revive an old thread, depending on why it's been done. What happens to it after it's been revived is up to the forum- if people find the topic interesting and keep posting replies (that aren't just “necroposting, you're necroposting!”) then maybe it deserved to come back? And if the forum folks think it's boring, they won't post in it, and it will die again.

I do sometimes lock these when I see them come up if it's obvious the thread is totally irrelevant now (like contests with a far-past end date, etc). If it's someone reviving an old thread to make a terribly useful reply like “I'm hungry”, like one I just found, then that reply gets deleted and the person is sent a warning to stop being stupid.

Just because some people have seen the thread before doesn't mean everyone has…
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved