Networking & Community Projects*

Need a co-planner/co-writer/artist for Mr Medium and the Jar Ghost
Vakanai at 10:19PM, Aug. 6, 2010
(online)
So after like a year or two of not doing anything, I've decided to start making comics again. This one is a little less epic than previous ideas I've discussed, so hopefully I can get an artist.

Mr. Medium and the Jar Ghost is about a medium (one who sees and talks with the dead), a literal ghost in a jar, and their adventures solving occult and supernatural mysteries. Oh, and they fight everything from vampires to evil Nazi skulls (yes, evil dead Nazi skulls!).
Mr. John Oracle Medium is a somewhat somber, deadpan individual, who is in the career solely for the money. He dislikes, in order, dead people, atheists, scientists, skeptics, and everyone else. The dead because they don't shut up, the other three because he can't convince them the dead are talking, and everyone else because he's just jaded like that. He drinks, smokes, cusses, and picks fights. Despite all this, there is a good man underneath.
The Jar Ghost, also known as John or ‘JH’ is dead. He tries to keep his former life secret, but it is known he wasn't a good man. He helps Medium in the hopes to do some good before entering the next world, whatever it may be. Mostly he is invisible and silent to all around, so few beyond Medium believes he exists. Despite this, he does have a few powers to affect the outside world, and being a ghost already, he is ideal for dealing with other, more troublesome ghosts and spirits.
Along the way they collect friends, like a kitten, and enemies, like cults and a fire elemental.
Some bits are serious, a few are funny, and some are a bit scary and dangerous, like any good ghost story. I already have two mysteries in mind, one fully planned, and one with a few bugs left to work out.

I'm seeking an artist to draw all this, as I have no skill in the area. I'm also seeking a co-writer/planner to bounce ideas off of and help connect points A to B (I get caught up in the big ideas sometimes). So if you like stories involving epic fights between a jar and a skull, a cranky medium, sweet little kittens, evil toads, and mysteries with a paranormal bent, please post here or send me a private quack/message.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Salsa at 12:23PM, Aug. 7, 2010
(offline)
What style are you looking for?
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Vakanai at 4:13PM, Aug. 7, 2010
(online)
Salsa
What style are you looking for?

I'll accept any style that looks good, but I'll admit that for this particular project I have a strong preference for a more realistic style. Good pencil work, a lot of shading, that kind of thing. But it's not a requirement. Manga, impressionism, something shiny, etc., there's plenty of styles that could probably work, and if it looks good on the page I won't be picky. As long as it looks scary when it's meant to be scary and funny when it's meant to be funny.
campbellim at 8:32PM, Aug. 13, 2010
(online)
Ill co-write it if you want
There's many things I wish I could say, if only my pride would allow me to look at you and say them all. If only i could say the words ‘I love you’
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
EliAde at 12:22PM, Aug. 29, 2010
(offline)
This sounds interesting, I would like to throw my hat into the ring as an artist. I am not much in the way of writing, but I am confident in my ability to draw what you would require. For a few examples of my work, check out my Imageshack: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/el1?n=y

If you need more examples, I can put some more on there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
TinyTim at 3:33PM, Aug. 29, 2010
(offline)
Someone
I'll accept any style that looks good, but I'll admit that for this particular project I have a strong preference for a more realistic style. Good pencil work, a lot of shading, that kind of thing. But it's not a requirement. Manga, impressionism, something shiny, etc., there's plenty of styles that could probably work, and if it looks good on the page I won't be picky. As long as it looks scary when it's meant to be scary and funny when it's meant to be funny.
But a realistic style is so much more boring because making a comic is basically showing the story in pictures and twisted pictures could convey creepy stuff better(in my opinion). I could imagine the artist drawing a story like this a little more awry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Genejoke at 12:03AM, Aug. 30, 2010
(online)
@ tiny tim, you are very much right but asking specifically for a twisted art style might alienate potential artists. Personally I would love to have someone do a story for one of my comics in such a style, I may try it myself one day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Vakanai at 9:15PM, Sept. 16, 2010
(online)
Thank you everyone who have shown interest. The artist position is filled, and work is underway. Again, thanks.
Paperspirit at 9:39AM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Darn. That sounds like fun!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon