Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Need Help with my Plotline
Planet_Unicorn at 4:36PM, April 23, 2010
(offline)
So, I have the basic ideas for a comic, but I've hit a road block in the plotline. Can anyoone help me?

I want my comic to be loosely based on “Pandora's Box,” but with a book instead. For fear of this getting stolen, I don't want to release too much details on this. But here's where I get stuck: after Pandora opens the book and releases all the evil on the world, what next? I was thinking of having her going after the demons and trapping them again, but I don't want it to turn into a Demon beat-'em-up.

Any ideas?
“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” -Edgar Allan Poe
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Skullbie at 7:40PM, April 23, 2010
(online)
Could have her find them hiding in ordinary people, and she has to help solve their problems and whatnot. It's formula but with good writing it could be moving.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 7:27AM, April 24, 2010
(offline)
Skullbie
Could have her find them hiding in ordinary people, and she has to help solve their problems and whatnot. It's formula but with good writing it could be moving.

Sounds like a cheesy manga, imo.

But I'm sure if it was more complicated than that, like not just everyday/small problems, it'd be awesome.

Like if they were committing crimes, forming Gangs/Clans, stuff like that.
And I'm sure you could find a way to make it so she's not a superhero.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Mettaur at 11:00AM, April 24, 2010
(offline)
they escape into other comics, hurting killing and harrasing the other comic characters in their comics, and she has to save them, using her knowledge! Like you know, tricking them. If you don't want this published.

But if this is for selling, then you should have them be in normal people, and shes mistaken as a murdered because she has to kill the normal person to trap the demon.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Kroatz at 3:38AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
Skullbie

Sounds like a cheesy manga, imo.

But I'm sure if it was more complicated than that, like not just everyday/small problems, it'd be awesome.

Like if they were committing crimes, forming Gangs/Clans, stuff like that.
And I'm sure you could find a way to make it so she's not a superhero.

Read Angel: After the fall.

Something I haven't seen yet is a story from the demon's points of view, if you make them have an organized and structured society while they were still in Hell (The box) based on the survival of the fittest idea, and then have their leaders ripped from them while they are on earth.

Thedemons are trying to regain control but the humans keep killing them, you could have pandora picking the demon's side nut I think Pandora is a dumb broad so I wouldn't.
Comidion.deviantart.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
BlkKnight at 12:34PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Why not have her get possessed/corrupted by opening the book? Probably more interesting if she has to go between embracing or resisting her newfound powers.
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved