(online)
I have a Gizmo doll…

it makes noises
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
MrRiot at 7:39PM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
Hmmm…I top every previous nerdy moment I have on a daily basis. It usually involves zombies, or my uncanny ability rcall the theme song of EVERY 80's cartoon.

Yes, even that one.

Though, in recent times, I would have to say it was getting reeeeaaaaaaalllyyyyyy drunk, and having my roommate find me on the livingroom floor, wearing my Snake Eyes mask, watching Transformers the Movie, and my old motorized Tripticon was walking around with the dog chasing it. She looked at her friends, then at me and said, “…and this is James…”

I'm told I ordered them to transform and roll out…then passed out.

Please, ladies…try to control yourselves, I know that's one sexy story…

Visit my comic: THE PATH: Lovecraftian Horror meets Arthurian Legend
Visit my website: Old Dying Kitty
Proud Co-Founder/Member of Mediocre Militia
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
vgman at 9:25PM, March 6, 2007
(offline)
thinking and somtimes talking in internet lingo. like brb lol stfu so on and so forth
also trying to get athletic people to understand how i can play video games 40 houres at a time thugh maby that ones just more so stupid than nerdly.
RIP TD :cry2:
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:40PM
deepcheese at 7:26PM, March 10, 2007
(online)
I'd have to say that the nerdiest thin that I've ever done is singing the song ‘Let’s build a snowman!' from Cannibal! The musical (best movie ever!)
At the top of my lungs…
While doing the dance moves and everything…
In public…
Multiple times. Pretty much every opportunity that I could get, now that I think about it…
It drove my friends insane…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
Alexis at 11:18PM, March 10, 2007
(offline)
I karyoke Tenatious D.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
grincomics at 3:43PM, March 14, 2007
(offline)
I dressed up as both Gene Simmons of KISS and Batman and went to school. Both were costumes I had made so that way my friends and I would be able to make our own movies using my VHS camcorder. I even did a mock KISS concert with some friends. yeah…..
Grin- it makes people wonder what you are up to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Cake Bandit at 4:09PM, March 14, 2007
(offline)
vgman
thinking and somtimes talking in internet lingo. like brb lol stfu so on and so forth
also trying to get athletic people to understand how i can play video games 40 houres at a time thugh maby that ones just more so stupid than nerdly.

I did the first one for a speech class speech just to irritate the teacher. The second one is required of me daily as I seem to be one of those guys who everyone just HAS to talk to. >(

The nerdiest thing I think I've ever done though would have to be trying to get people motivated for “Talk like a pirate day” (September 19 I think, right?) There's worse I'm sure. It'll come to me in time…

(Does doing a comic about a subforum count?)
^The above post is likely written light heartedly.
It's not on DD but it's still My Totally Kickass Webcomic
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
Crazy Dutchman at 6:51AM, March 15, 2007
(offline)
I'm downloading every single classic Mickey Mouse cartoon right now on BitTorrent.

Seriously, what modern 17-year old would use BitTorrent for that?!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
patrickdevine at 9:00PM, June 13, 2007
(online)
I got drawn into an embarassingly nerdy argument. If somebody said that Middle Earth could defeat the Star Wars Universe how exactly do you not argue with that?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Kohdok at 10:56PM, June 13, 2007
(online)
Being the first in line for the releases of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I don't know if my web-comicking can top that…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
D0m at 3:54AM, June 14, 2007
(online)
Every time someone asks me what my hobbies are, or anything about me, for that matter. I always end up mention comics- and God forbid they know anything about comics, because the n I'll start talking about them.

I don't ever go over the top, but I guess a person could tell what I wanna do for the rest of my life. :-3

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Eunice P at 8:38AM, June 14, 2007
(offline)
Starting a blog about programming… http://e-pds.blogspot.com/

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
AQua_ng at 8:44AM, June 14, 2007
(offline)
My friends and I discussed Transformers, how superior it is to Gundam wing, Unreal Tournament and Power Rangers.

We asked everybody which was better, Transformers or Gundam, even the teachers and gangsters. Transformers won.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
fern at 10:17AM, June 14, 2007
(online)
I would say, deciding to get to 2500 posts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Cthulhu at 10:22AM, June 14, 2007
(online)
fern
I would say, deciding to get to 2500 posts.

Challenging Fern to a race to 2,500 posts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
fern at 10:57AM, June 14, 2007
(online)
Hah! A race?! I'm not even close! And I'm already tired of posting… Now I wanna be a ninja turtle!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Cthulhu at 10:59AM, June 14, 2007
(online)
fern
Hah! A race?! I'm not even close! And I'm already tired of posting… Now I wanna be a ninja turtle!

Oh well, I already have 1,000.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:55PM, June 14, 2007
(online)
I make similees that compare the “real” world (whatever that is) to videogames.

Chores really are like side missions and mini-games, you know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
ceb_dyson at 12:26PM, June 15, 2007
(offline)
Actually, I top you all in the most crudest way.

Went to an anime convention and slept with Vash, and this Vash was the closest to the actual comic character. Hah! (I was dressed as a kitty, so naturally I was hornier than usual)
I've too many mottos ta say here, so be glad I'm not saying any of them.

Tale of Two Kitties is Soon to Come…weheheheh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Disgruntledrm at 1:15PM, June 15, 2007
(online)
I bought the fifth season of Red Dwarf, and nearly exploded with glee when I discovered that it came with Red Dwarf trading cards. I'm going to wear an ‘H’ on my forehead this Halloween (to represent the almighty Rimmer.)

I get excited to an extreme level when I make some amazing discovery of a hard-to-find film at a CD exchange or half-price books and movie store. I found the entire Blackadder Collection for 10 bucks once, that really made my day. And it was all on dvd!

I have a dvd aficionado account, and with 312 movies on the li…I know I've still got at least 50 I haven't added yet.

I am in the process of ordering several John Pirro films, I will basically read anything that contains at least one reference to Ash, I'm still miserable that I can't find a copy of ‘Love Bites’ with Adam Ant that will work on American VCR's (I've been searching for about 5 years.)

I cosplay, and that's pretty nerdy.

I get frustrated at my role-play characters when they do stupid things (simply because they seem to make their own choices.)

I nearly went into convulsions when I bought the ‘box set of the first Saiyuki season’ and discovered that it was only the box, a Saiyuki t-shirt, and the first dvd. But I didn't take it back for a refund, I kept it all and wear the shirt at least once every 2 weeks.

I know the lyrics to Dragostae Din Tae (aka the ‘numa numa’ song) and will sing along whenever I hear it.

I didn't really like Cedric, and half the time forgot he was a character in the book…but when I first read Harry Potter 4, I cried and ran downstairs to tell my mom when he was done in.

Only people who do or used to hang out at Avidgamers.com would get this, but I remember the Snail Thread. I posted once in it on page 2!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
that kid yellow at 1:16PM, June 15, 2007
(online)
trip in fornt of thousands of people
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
ceb_dyson at 1:36PM, June 15, 2007
(offline)
that kid yellow

That's nerdy? Sounds more embarrasing moment than nerdy. Sides, I do that all the time. Once I tried ta do a high kick and ended up landing on my butt somehow…in front of a Tae Kwon Do teacher, too. Still haven't figured that one out yet.
I've too many mottos ta say here, so be glad I'm not saying any of them.

Tale of Two Kitties is Soon to Come…weheheheh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
legendkiller13 at 8:12PM, June 15, 2007
(online)
that kid yellow

trip or Trip ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
PhatScurl at 12:47PM, June 16, 2007
(offline)
hmmm…the nerdiest thing i've ever done….i think that might be….

Let's see, i have a large arrangement of “friends” everything from band geeks, nerds, goths, hippies, funny guys, and jackasses. One of my biggest nerd friends loves architecture and engnineering, everything from castles to spaceships. Apparently, right now, NASA is accepting designs for new space shuttles to be developed, and my friend (who happens to be 16) jumps on it. He comes up with a quite detailed and expansive space ship design, with an odd resemblance to a Destroyer from Star Wars. Anyway, one day me and several of my went out to a mexican resturaunt for lunch. It was their that my friend showed me the plans for his spaceship, and started to explain the different mechanics of it. He started talking about how he would some magnetic field to activate the nuclear powered engines and he, as much as 16 year old without a high school diploma can, really thought it'd work.

But, something didn't click right here. Within his plan, and his thought process for me the whole thing wasn't adding up. So me, another one of my nerd friends, and my other friend began to argue about the designs of the ship. We tried to explain to him how the magnetic field couldn't possibly generate enough power to activate this ship. Plus, i explained, that if NASA ever did build this ship America's economy would go down the hole (in theory, the ship was supposed to be 2 football fields long, and would have to be constructed in space). And this went on for a good 30 min. until one of my jackass friends started listening in, and finally he cut my friend off by saying in a stereotypical nerd voice “Hey, you wanna know who's really cool, Captain Spok!”

My two friends silently scowled at him, and suddenly i had my nerdiest moment ever. I responded, “Wait…Spok wasn't captain.”

My jackass friend turned to me and said, “Dammit Michael, I thought there was hope for you.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
RabbitMaster at 7:49PM, June 16, 2007
(online)

here are so many things to choose from, so I'll pick one from my teen years and one from here recently. When the first Batman movie came out, my buddy and I decked out in Batman gear and camped out in front of the movie theater (the only one in our little town of 1500) 12 hours early to make sure we got tickets. For the first 11 hours and 45 minutes we were the only people in line.

Recently at work ( I work surrounded by old school nerds in an undisclosed location) one of our group mentioned that he was considering changing his house over from bulbs to LED's. This prompted a passionate discussion with hastily sketched diagrams about how hard it would be to take a regular light bulb casing and convert it to hold an LED filament (and yes, I know they don't technically have filaments, thank you very much). Before long we had constructed, on paper, an entire circuit to that effect.

I also constantly explain obscure comic book references to my long-suffering wife. ("Honey, one of the addresses on the police scanner in Spiderman 3 was the address of the old Marvel building!

“Perhaps you would care to try your villany on a less defenseless opponent?”–Kung Fu Rabbit
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Mr Chappers at 11:58AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
Right after i watched spiderman 3 i went around the town center looking for a spidy outfit and the silly string shooters.

Plus im about to play D+D thing

Read the Author, its good i promise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Brook at 3:05PM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
i talked like Jack sparrow for days after watching pirates 3
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
Ryan McLelland at 9:09AM, June 19, 2007
(online)
True Story…

And it started out so nerdy…

When Star Wars Episode 1 came out I went and waited in line for tickets at the local theater. Had to skip work…then they interviewed me on camera. Only afterwards was I like, “Damnit…what if my boss sees?”

Anyway I ended up buying 3 tickets for opening day, plus 3 tickets for about 10 friends. Three showings…first day. What? As a Star Wars fan I was excited to get tickets to the first ever showing!!!

What better way to celebrate!!??!! The day before I convinced all of my friends to stay up all night outside the theater. Why not? We'd bring some Al-Key-Haul with us and have fun. My buddy dressed up like Han Solo…we get to the theater…blankets and chairs and such. Get there about 12 AM. At 2 am people come out of the theater.

“WOW! Star Wars was AWESOME!”

My friends turn to me…I thought you got the first tickets!??!?!?!

I did…but I didn't get them for the midnight showing…DOH!

So everyone is like, “you are staying out all night! You DORKS!” Of course…this was a tough crowd so we were like…“WE'll bomb your house” (we were a bunch of army people…).

Finally this dude stops and he's like…“Going to the strip club? Anyone coming!” My buddy who is dressed like HAN SOLO is like, “Yeah…I'm going.” and he went off to the strip club with random guy…yeah…we thought it weird at the time too. So the mall closed down, theater closed down, we are outside drinking, trying to stay warm, security guards are DRINKING with us, laugh…and then a couple hours later my buddy shows up WITH STRIPPERS. Yeah…he took strippers from the strip club to hang out with a bunch of frozen army people outside a mall.

So that was pretty nerdy…but it turned out to be a very interesting night indeed. The next day we saw the flick three times…made it into the local paper and the local news…and pretty much thought Jar-Jar sucked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
shany at 11:34PM, June 21, 2007
(online)
Nerdiest thing I've done?
Pretend to spy on a guy for my friend. -_-
No… actually… manipulate the lyrics of a song and sing about my friend's crush to her face. HAHA.
I think trying to learn this dance would be considered not have a life… *blush*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
AQua_ng at 12:08PM, June 22, 2007
(offline)
Dammit, I want to learn this dance too.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon