Comic Talk and General Discussion *

new DD book
Neilsama at 6:10AM, Oct. 27, 2006
(offline)
Ronson
I like the “Duck and Cover” name, but what would it be about?
hpkomic
A big ol' fight?

Or maybe parody. Since there are musical “covers” of other songs, we could do an entire book around parody.
Well, a cover is not necessarily a parody. What if it was a story swap book, like if each artist did a ten page story of someone else's comic? It might be more work than it's worth, but it's kind of a neat idea.
Ronson
I would say that there might be more restrictions on content like that if we do wider distribution. Probably nothing much worse than PG13 or so. Possibly PG. But that's all guesswork, and it could go in completely the other direction.

…or maybe a “Duck after Dark” anthology. ;)
Now you're talkin'! If you ever decide to do a book like that, don't you dare do it without me!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Rich at 7:25AM, Oct. 27, 2006
(online)
Ronson
I like the “Duck and Cover” name, but what would it be about?

How about parodies of war? It is a topical theme. It can be done respectfully. And we all know about it. After all, who could forget the classic “Duck and Cover” WWII wartime propaganda?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
skoolmunkee at 11:15AM, Oct. 27, 2006
(offline)
If we take the musical idea of a cover, that's someone taking an old song and remaking it, etc.

So “duck and cover” could perhaps be full of “retold” stories, like a Star Wars parody, a retelling of a fable, a song done in comic form…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
strong414bad at 3:21PM, Oct. 27, 2006
(online)
Knuckles
But being that this is printed in stores, they try to choose those who produce good-quality artwork (in other words, no sprite comics or anything similar).

Darn. That ruins my chance of getting in it. I'll be doing sprite comics and MS paint till the day I die. Or stop making comics.
Why hello there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:59PM
anystar at 10:17PM, Oct. 28, 2006
(offline)
skoolmunkee
If we take the musical idea of a cover, that's someone taking an old song and remaking it, etc.

So “duck and cover” could perhaps be full of “retold” stories, like a Star Wars parody, a retelling of a fable, a song done in comic form…

Fwaaah, I totally love the idea of a retold story. I adore faerie tales, of course. XD I could do a rather naughty Red Riding Hood. *snort* I was thinking about doing that anyways. Or maybe a Snow White one. Something like that. I'mt aking a Children's Lit class right now, and learning about some of the twisted psychological things involved in the old tales, so I'm inspired.
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Door_in_the_Rock/ >> Fantasy Graphic Novel in Black and White :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Enef at 4:29AM, Oct. 29, 2006
(offline)
I would love to make up a submission for a DD book, it would be fun as well.

I also like the idea of a World War type thing or a Parody book.

I love stuff like Star Bores, Bored of the Rings, Barry Trotter, The Soddit etc etc.

I would love to parody an actual comic in creation.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon