Help, Support and Suggestions

New layout concern
myth_lver at 12:48PM, Nov. 1, 2010
(online)
Unless I'm in the forum area, the control panel on the new layout won't show my favorite comics! Help please!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Mr Kaos at 11:00PM, Nov. 1, 2010
(online)
Same problem. please solve this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
ozoneocean at 2:52AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
OK.

You Can, but you have to click “my control panel”, then click again to open your faves.
his is hidden and more complex than it needs to be. I did bring up this issue early on in testing, but it seems to have been missied.

This is what I've written on my issue feedback just now:

“Users do not like having their faves hidden behind so many clicks while looking at comics.
They have to click ”My control panel“ and then click again to open their faves.
I'm sorry but this is too hidden, It's not obvious that faves are in there as well as the link to the comic control panel. I made this clear early on while I was testing and it has proved true now- hiding frequently used stuff behind too may clicks is not userfriendly, especially when it's not that obvious. Faves SHOULD be on the same bar as the ”email alerts“ ”rss“ etc since they are on the same level of utility. The comic controls should be linked directly from the ”my control panel“ link, NOT a sub menu.
That the way it is now is a nice little function, but pointlessly complicates things”

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
skoolmunkee at 3:30AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
Also, if you have a lot of favorites, it might take a few seconds for the list to load.

If you can clarify what you mean by “won't show” (ie, where are you and what are you trying to do), then we'll know if it's what Oz just explained, or some other problem.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Abt_Nihil at 5:44AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(offline)
Things that aren't working for me:

- File uploads

- Beside case-sensitivity: Whenever I type “drunkduck.com/comic_name” in my browser address, as I usually do, I get redirected to “drunkduck.com/comics/X(=initial of the comic title)/comic_name”, and then I get the message “This comic has no pages yet”. What's funny is that if I delete the “/comics/X” part in the adress and hit enter again, the comic does show up. (I think the same problem occurs when clicking on a link to any dd comic).

- I'm using Firefox, and the site is still quite slow, compared to pre-relaunch.

- Apostrophes and quotes in my page comments

- any commands in the PQs

- sometimes I get strange messages on various pages like:
"Warning: fopen(CACHE_ROOT/_html/www.drunkduck.com.1547c0e7bf6d2d2161d59a4b5b53056e.cache) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/drunkduck/includes/global/global_func.inc.php on line 900"
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
skoolmunkee at 6:57AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
Can you tell me what's wrong with the bbcode? or send me a PQ with an example? I can't send PQs to myself and don't have any right now that use bbcode.

What pages were you on when you got that error message? It's not the forums one I've seen.

Apostraphes and quotes in the page comments - the author comments, reader comments, or both? What does it do? I haven't seen this.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
Abt_Nihil at 10:53AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(offline)
I checked again, and all three things seem to be working now! I'm gonna answer your questions in case they just seem to be working though :P (Also, dd is loading faster now, overall.)

bbcode is the bracketed stuff, I guess? (Sorry, noob here ^^; ) If it is, then the answer would have been: It was displayed just the way I typed it, including brackets and stuff.

What pages was I on? It was actually a forum page. I checked the Heroes Alliance forums, and there it was, on the first page. But I've also seen it once when loading the dd main page, at the very top, above the ad banner. But again, haven't seen it since I made the previous post.

As for apostrophes and such: I meant my author's comments. Apostrophes and quotes were replaced with several symbols.

So, the only problems remaining at this point (for me) are being redirected to “This comic has no pages yet” and the file/page uploading.

EDIT:
I got a "Warning: gzuncompress() : data error in /var/www/drunkduck/community/community_header.inc.php on line 69" just now when editing this very post.
skoolmunkee at 1:20PM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
OK, I can report those things.

The wrong url/redirect thing is because some of the internal/relative links on DD are not pointing at the right place. It's a major issue, related to the server transfer (because it worked fine in the beta). They are working out a best course of action right now.

The file uploading is the old ‘image bug’ where the image server is full. That should be easy for them to fix but I think they have to wait til the programmer comes in, I suspect he had a late night yesterday. :] We've reported it, but until it's fixed people won't be able to create new comics, upload pages, edit thumbnails or avatars, or make changes to their custom html. Bad timing!
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
Damien_Damien at 3:56PM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
I keep being randomly logged out. The log-outs are usually accompanied by an error message, but I can't remember what exactly it said. If it does it again, I'll copy the text and post it.

Most of the times this happened was when I was trying to get a page to upload before I realized I wasn't the only one with that issue, but it's happened a couple times when I opened the homepage.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Abt_Nihil at 1:07PM, Nov. 4, 2010
(offline)
I just noticed user profiles aren't accessible, and I think it has to do with being redirected somewhere else. For instance, when clicking on Damien_Damien's icon above, my browser seems to want to access “/comics/c/comics/u/user/Damien_Damien//”.

I think this was reported before (or included in the “current list of problems we know about” ), but I'm pointing it out again because I had assumed everything would be back to normal now with the old site… seems like it isn't.
skoolmunkee at 2:59PM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
Damian, I think that's no longer an issue since the site has reverted. But let me know if you are still getting logged out.

Abt - yup we've let them know. :] Hopefully they'll get to it soon, it is a bit annoying.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
Abt_Nihil at 3:51PM, Nov. 4, 2010
(offline)
User profiles are working again! :D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved