MAFIA... and other forum games

New RP Ideas?
Zeph at 10:25PM, March 30, 2010
(online)
There seems to be one big RP like game going on, and thats Mafia, but now I present this question. What kinds of rps do you guys want? I'm curious because maybe if people give ideas we could make another one for people to enjoy. Just a thought I figured I'd throw the question out there. See if we can make a good combo of sorts.

Oh right, completely forgot to state my own idea.

I was thinking a challenge like RP involving some sort of tower/dungeon of sorts.
(Generic I know. I'm being vague here)

Haven't quite hammered out how it would work though.

Maybe something DnD styled, with a game master who designs boss fights and things and throws them at the players. Everyone loves a giant drooling behemoth breathing on them as they're trying to figure out wheither they should swing at it, run, or just piss themselves. (Preferably not the latter as it's nasty to clean that crap up)
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Kroatz at 1:15AM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Set that shit up and I'd join.
Everybody should have a player chart where points can be spent, after every game the ones that survived get more points. And instead of dice it should just be attacks that need to be carefully chosen for big enemies.

The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
skoolmunkee at 1:32AM, March 31, 2010
(offline)
moved to the forum games forum
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Zeph at 8:38AM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Well we can start doing something as soon as we know enough people are interested in it.

Kinda hard to do play a game with just two people.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
same at 11:42AM, March 31, 2010
(online)
AND MY AXE!

Oh wait… It hasnt started yet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Mettaur at 12:52PM, March 31, 2010
(offline)
I want to play! Can it be like a bunch of dimensions forming in a underground cave, portals to other worlds that must be entered through to defeat the portal makers there? Something like that? Because I would hate to be stuck with just medivial the entire game, or just fallout style game description, or just limited to wartorn WWII. I'm thinking, portals opening up everywhere, teams, two of them. One of good, trying to close the portals, and one of evil, keeping them open, merging the worlds into chaos, killing, and war. And maybe for some bosses, misguided heros? Like an ancient knight, in gleaming armor, just confused, bad guys convinced him holding the portal open ius gopod, because he has a flashback to when he was hodling open a opening for a group of survivors somewhere in the past. he thinks it is back then, and sees the group of heros as the assasians he fought back then. In the end, he realizes he did wrong, apologizes, and is at peace. Like the vietnam veteran in Dead Rising, remember? Fighting Frank West?

Anyways, if it has that idea, SIGN ME UP!

Although then again, I could sign up for a generic staying in mediveial one also…eh, I'm in either way!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
same at 12:55PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Mettaur gets my axe. in head.
Mettaur at 1:09PM, March 31, 2010
(offline)
Ha, deflected! Fool, you won't last two dice rolls, haven't you learned anything of games, board or video? A Mettaur is invulnerable with his helmet, when worn, and it cannot be removed by anyone but the Mettaur himself! So bam! I shoot Same in the shoulder (-7 health!), because we will probably need him later as a warrior or something, someone has to deal with the dungeon rats while we're busy with the big game. So, maybe we should go to the Inn? I heard that they're lots of eager adventurers there! Onward, and mediviel talk I don't like, so I'm going to talk normally for now until furter notice! Alright, who's buying the first round of drinks?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
same at 1:59PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
You are the fool. Youre a level 9 dewarf. You stand no chance agains me a level 25 dark elf and my blade of Agralor! Ye shall be vanquished short one! I will sacrefice you to the dead gods! Hehe roleplaying
Kroatz at 3:15PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
It hasn't started yet guys…
Let's see, for dungeons and dragons online:

- A dungeon master is needed.
- A clear set of rules needs to be made, like for example that every line posted needs to be in character or you get punished.
- A setting needs to be discussed, like medieval, or sci-fi, or when all else fails possibly fallout (I sure hope not).
- A system of leveling needs to be made, so that it is actually possible to become more powerfull with each game.
- A PvP area needs to be set up.
- A coffee needs to be bought for Kroatz.
- A standard set of items needs to be created, with a list of specs.
- Images accompanying these items need to be made.
- A list of general information about monsters, classes and stuff needs to be made.
- Character sheets need to be made and customized for every single peson that chooses to join.

It would be best if a seperate forum would be made for this, maybe inside a comic forum?
I'd really like to help, and since it was Zeph's Idea, he should be comic admin then…

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 3:20PM, March 31, 2010
(offline)
Damn, double posted…eh, sorry folks! I'll make it up by helping design low level enemies!
Mettaur at 3:20PM, March 31, 2010
(offline)
I would love to help with this! Maybe our type of characters should be based on our names? Like me, I'm a Mettaur, kinda like a dwarf, but not actually a dwarf. Anyway, Same is called “same” after all, maybe he should be transformed into whatever enemy there is the most of in each game? You know, being the “same”? Seriously, I would love to help with enemies stats and stuff, I've always wanted to help with this! If by always you mean the last few months, but yeah, would love to help!
same at 3:29PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Or make your own. Then the GM gives us our stats.

Dibs on Dark elf!

Bosses could be implemented. Zeph being the DM/God of the game decides weither a player was successful or not. This will take a little bit of work but im sure it could be pulled together.
shirkersama at 4:33PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
I would join if you set a game like this up. I also like Mettaur's idea of having mulitple genres somehow, so that it's not always the same. Maybe something a little like Chrono Trigger?

Edit: Oh and while I'm useless at stuff like coming up with stats I could help with any story related issues like creating villains and other NPCs or world building.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
harkovast at 4:42PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
How can you need more then mafia?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Zeph at 4:54PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Hmmm. Maybe Techno Fantasy for the Genre.

Basically the future with fantasy aspects to it. We can have armies of robots, and crazy elves ect.

Just a suggestion. Kinda blends both medeval and futuristic. If anyones ever played star ocean.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
same at 5:37PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Was gonna say you could use this but im not sure if it would help seeing as its a d&d thingy.

“stat roller”

Also Sci Fantasy genres such as what the final fantasy series is from 7 onward. I liked 6 where steam was a power source.
Zeph at 6:01PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
How about a tower of time. You start out at the lowest level beating goblins with swords, and at the top, you're running around blasting lazers at things.Yeah I know kinda vague.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
same at 6:08PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Nice concept. You could base races from any point in time. Like Elf, Human, Cyborg.
Zeph at 6:10PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
I could run up a proposal idea sometime, with how the layout would work, when I get the time. -makes sick face- my choclate shake isn't sitting well at the moment.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
same at 6:13PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Id be happy to help with crap. Although im not too good with ideas as its already been seen. But atleast theyd be original. I could help with a concept for the levels of the tower. I just need a minute.
shirkersama at 6:31PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
I think I'd like the techno fantasy more than the tower of time, but whatever you decide to do I'll play.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
same at 6:47PM, March 31, 2010
(online)
Ground levels enemies: Dinomorphs?

Maybe? Maybe not…

Kinda sapped of energy right now so sorry about the shitty quality.
Zeph at 9:08PM, March 31, 2010
(online)

Alright, I'm thinking techno fantasy, this thing is like some sort of cyborg behemoth rhino thing. (I GOT BORED!)

As for the kind of monsters that players will be facing.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Kroatz at 12:12AM, April 1, 2010
(online)
If it's techno then:
Techno wisp.

Giant spider rat.

- Albert Einstein
same at 3:56AM, April 1, 2010
(online)
Technoviking?

Just kidding.

Have a Fighter droid.

Zeph at 8:07AM, April 1, 2010
(online)
Alright this is what I'm thinking so far.

Setting.: A man in a white suit stands before you, he tilts his hat and bows, two woman standing at each side of him. “I am Zeph, and welcome to New Tech City. Allow me to explain a few things. This city is a technological Utopia within Twin Gates, a large expansion of land that is barren beyond the walls of this city. Outside there are many horrifying creatures as well as small settlements of unfortunate souls that couldn't make it within the walls of this utopia. However the utopia has become threatened, it's your job to see to it that this threat is put to an end.”- (Rough idea)
Rules:

1. Must remain character once the RP starts. Use ( )'s to ask questions, if you have an urgent question for someone there is always PQ.

2. Be respectful to other players (This means no controlling them, or insulting them.)

3. All attacks must be ran by the GM. (They don't count if the GM doesn't know)

4. The narrations will tell you what kind of area you're in. Don't go making things up. (Such as finding the almighty god weapon in some dude's toilet)

5. The GM will reward Experience points.

6. All characters start equal, your class depends on how you distribute your attribute points.

7. Chest opening attempts are given to the GM. If there is more than one person who wants to open a chest(Barrel, whatever) the players will vote on who's chest opening method is best. (Player A. Rams a crowbar into the crack of the chest and yanks versus Player B. Who puts a bit of explosive clay in the crack and ignites it.) Depending on your opening method will depend what you get out of the chest to some degree. (If you blow it up, you have a higher chance of getting a pile of charred metal versus anything valuable. Where the crowbar doesn't damage your items, but requires higher strength skill.)

More rules will be added if you guys have anymore.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Sex:
Race: Human, Elf, Cyborg, ect. (Your race doesn't effect your attribute points. GM gets final say on the race. No being a god, or anything like that.)

Picture(You get an additional Attribute point if you draw your own, must wear only clothes at first, you can draw armor on it as you obtain it.)

Starting Attribute Points: 50

Strength: 0 (The Character's physical ability, This plays a role in the types of weapons they can wield and how effective their physical damage is against a boss. The GM will take this stat into mind when deciding how much damage is dealt to an enemy. Strength also allows the character to open sealed objects without needing tools. Strength also plays a role in how heavy of armor you can wear.)

Stamina: 0 (This is how much damage your character can take before they croak. Simple really.)

Intelligence: 0 (The character's brain power, higher levels of this allow the character to use various tools, as well as hack objects to open them.)

Agility: 0 (The character's reflexes and movement speed. Agile characters will be able to dodge more attacks. The GM will take this into consideration when deciding if a creature hits the character or not.)

Defense: 0 (The character's ability to take damage. This can be improved with Armor. GM will take this into account when deciding how much damage a character takes.)

Any other stats you feel necessary let me know.

Leveling System.: We'll do this final fantasy style. Each monster has their set XP, defeating them gives you that XP, however when-ever you level your XP required to level increases just like in any RPG. By going through the story, if you didn't get your ass killed by a giant angry cyber behemoth, you should be stronger for the next round. (Unless you decided to be a lazy ass)

Level 1: 100 XP
Level 2: 200 XP
Level 3: 300 XP
So on and so forth.

5 Additional Attribute points will be rewarded for each level.

Weapon: Pick a starting weapon. (Draw your version)
Rusted 1H sword: An old abandoned military sword of the old wars, nothing compared to today's laser blades.

Rusted 2H Axe: An abandoned military axe, it dims in comparison to the laser axes. (Requires 10 strength)

Dented pistol: It may jam from time to time.

Old Combat Knife: Self explanatory.

Any other starter weapon suggestions can be made.

You do not start with any armor, just the clothes on your character.

Weapon and Armor designs can be created by the players and presented to the GM to put into the game (One can't make this crap on their own.)

Monsters (Which has already been done) Can be created and presented to the GM to be put into the game. Also include it's experience worth. (The monster's actual Hp will be judged by the course of the battle.)

PVP: You can challenge another player to a duel, (Though not very entertaining as far as I can tell)
-Throws Kroatz a coffee-

I think I covered the monsters and weapons/items thing with it being a team effort.

Any questions, or concerns feel free to state. This isn't set in stone, just a rough overlay.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Kroatz at 10:08AM, April 1, 2010
(online)
Sounds like some pwetty great rules!
Shall I make a new comic so that we can make a seperate forum for this?
Anyways, I've got some rules too (some are Zeph's only altered a bit):

Campaigns: Every campaign is made out of one of the following things:
- One party fighting monsters.
- Two different parties fighting monsters, and each other when they meet in the end of the campaign.
- More than one party, engaged in all out war, no monsters.

———————————————————————–

GM: The GM should be two people, so that one person doesn't get too busy. The game master gets elected, the same way as Mafia. Every game is hosted by a GM and the previous game's GM.
Actions made in the game can be done by either GM.

———————————————————————–

PVP: A PvP duel can be set up, what they fight about needs to be discussed between the two, only when both agree upon the duel can the GM be contacted.
Things two characters can possibly fight about are the following things:
- XP
- HP
- Items
If characters decide to duel for fun that is fine too, they can't do it in the game forum though, that is reserved for actual fights.

———————————————————————–

Alignment: There are nine different alignments, the choice of which alignment you pick affects the party you get placed in every campaign.
The alignments are the following:

- Lawful good (True Paladins)
Characters that believe in the power of good and law.
True Paladins are characters that would do anything they could to achieve goodness, while legal. True Paladins don't lie and are often easily influenced to do other people's bidding. They believe in a structured society.

- Neutral good (Saints)
Characters that believe in balance.
Saints are characters that try acieving neutrality between good and evil, usually by defending the weak and fighting for the powers of good. they don't often think about what their actions mean to society as a whole.

- Chaotic good (Rebels)
Characters that believe in the power of good.
Crazy people, Rebels believe in their own arguments, not thinking o the concequences of their actions before jumping in to defend them. Rebels would deny rules or higher powers to achieve freedom and peace.

- Lawful neutral (Citizen Spawns)
Characters that believe in the power of the law.
Citizen Spawns are characters that go with the masses, they do not believe in good or evil but they believe in the law and because of this use little imagination in thinking of what to do. Citizen Spawn would attack their friends if a higher ranking officer commanded it.

- True neutral (Leafs)
Characters that believe in neutrality.
Leafs are characters that believe in a higher purpose, they always pick the weaker side in a fight and usually have little possessions of their own. They do not kill or attack before concidering te concequences to the greater neutrality.

- Chaotic neutral (Coin tossers)
Characters that believe in themselves.
Coin tossers are unpredictable and often likeable characters, they don't intend to harm people with their actions but usually engage in spur of the moment actions. Usually these actions are regretted later on.

- Lawful evil (Tide gliders)
Characters that believe in themselves and the law.
Lawfull evil characters use the law to make themselves advance, they would do anything to rise in power as long as they are not caught. Killing, stealing or any other kind of evil action is always planned in advance.

- Neutral evil (Rat minds)
Characters that believe in themselves.
Rat minds do everything they can to protect themselves, and to make themselves advance faster than the rest. Rat minds would sooner flee than fight and would sooner backstab than attack an opponent head on.

- Chaotic evil (Demon children)
Characters that believe in themselves and evil.
The most dangerous and most free alignment, Demon children do everything they want to. mostly leaving a path of destruction in their wake.

Each type of alignment has pro's and con's, I'll think of some later on.

———————————————————————–

Backstories:
Every characters needs a backstory, write one or Die.

———————————————————————–

Items: Items earned in a campaign will be carried on to a next game, you lose one randomly selected item if you die. This Item will be given to another randomly selected character.

And thanks for the coffee.

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 11:37AM, April 1, 2010
(offline)
I got a great back story, at least I think it is, but it involves a city, zombies, and that I was aligned with a group and am now forming it over again. It has cussing in it, so I'm not sure If I should post it or not. So, do I make my stats now or something? I thought I would be on the development team, making enemies and stuff. Can I do that and also play? Because I got some good ideas of how to blend fantasy creatures with technology. Like, goblins are used kinda like British punks, thugs that just got out of school. Beat the minions, then the few big ones, and then there is the weak little one that manipulated them all, but he has a gun. He requires agility to beat, to get past his laser pistol.
Zeph at 11:49AM, April 1, 2010
(online)
You can do both. The entire things still in development. These are just us trying to map things out.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon