Debate and Discussion

NFL! To sue or not to sue?
Frae at 12:00PM, Feb. 11, 2011
(online)
There were 400 people who got tickets to the superbowl this year and weren't able to get seats when they arrived due to the NFL selling more tickets then seats. The NFL has given them two options to compensate them.

Option #1 - be given a ticket to 2012's superbowl, get three times the value of their ticket, and have the option to sell the ticket if they want.

Option #2 - get a ticket to any superbowl in the future, hotel accomodations, and air fee. But you can't sell the ticket to anyone.

Do you think the NFL are being fair enough or do you think the people aren't getting justice and the NFL should be sued?

I honestly have to say on that I think it would have to be dealt with on a case to case basis. There are some people who will fabricate the trauma of not getting into the superbowl or whatever and try to sue for more money. One guy mortgaged his HOUSE TO GET TICKET for him and his family (so I heard on the radio). Stupidity like that SHOULDN'T be able to sue, but for genuine people who came across the country to support their team, the days off from work and hard money they had to save, I think they deserve to sue…I don't know…what do you all think?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Hawk at 11:52AM, Feb. 12, 2011
(online)
I think the NFL's providing some pretty good options there. I mean, nothing short of time travel can truly correct things for the fans, so the listed options will have to do. And I agree, that guy who supposedly mortgaged his home for tickets to a sporting event was just plain stupid.

I didn't even bother watching the Superbowl, so maybe I'm not qualified to talk about this. But I can understand the timeliness of the problem. Certain people bought tickets to the Superbowl because their favorite team was going, and you never know when they'll be there again. All they can do is take Option #2 and hope that time comes again.

But I don't think it's right to place a large dollar amount on fans' disappointment. “NFL, I was disappointed, so you owe me $10,000 on top of replacing the tickets.” It just seems kind of silly, especially when (at least to me) the NFL's compensation seems pretty generous. Especially Option #2.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved