Random Discussion

No dissent in these class rooms.
seventy2 at 3:04PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)

I believe along with Religion, praise for any specific person should be left out of our schools. sure promote pride in our nation (America, the Beautiful or The Star Spangled Banner) But not Undying love and support for any specific person.

You don't see any cheers out there for Senator Al Franken, or governer Mitch Daniels

Or even Nansi Pelosi.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
kyupol at 3:20PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
Just like our friends…

The Nazis

And the commies…

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Hawk at 4:03PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
seventy2
I believe along with Religion, praise for any specific person should be left out of our schools.

You'll have a hard time convincing people we shouldn't expend all the energy on Martin Luther King Jr. when his time comes around. I remember a whole week centering around him each year as I grew up through grade school… lessons, art projects, songs about him, and more. I'm not going to say that was wrong, but I will say that Obama hasn't earned that kind of attention yet. We've had decades to see MLK's impact.

I guess we'd sometimes make a big deal out of Christopher Colombus day, too.

Those kids' song is pretty crappyily written, though. It reminds me of that one classroom that poorly wrote an Obama song and then got to perform it at his inauguration. If somebody ever writes a song about me, I hope it's not written by an elementary school music teacher.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Rich at 4:23PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
There's quite a difference between praising a man who's primary goal was racial equality and praising a politician who is currently in power.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
ozoneocean at 4:36PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
Good old fox news.

Enough wank for now people. Wake me when he oversees the largest financial collapse in 50 years or invades a couple of countries like the last guy.

Till then I don't think it's relevant.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
seventy2 at 4:42PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
Rich, hawk was saying that it'd be pretty hard not to change that there be no focus on a single person. not that Obama is the same as MLKj.

We only had 1 day that we talked about Martin Luther King j. I remember we were to watch one of his speeches, and talk about why that speech was so moving, and how it's changed today. I pulled the famous “I Have a Dream” speech.

but like you said, Martin Luthor was the loudest voice, in the racial rights movement. and he did change many things. obama's been in office for 9 months, and he's…….done something.
I didn't even know his name till right before he kicked hillary's butt in the primaries. and most people i know are the same.

I'd also like to add, that kyupol is way off base here, as it's 1 teacher. and to my knowledge it's not organized by the school, state or nation.
facara
seventy2 at 4:46PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Good old fox news.

Enough wank for now people. Wake me when he oversees the largest financial collapse in 50 years or invades a couple of countries like the last guy.

Till then I don't think it's relevant.

He voted against bush to raise the debt so we didn't go in debt. and now he's doing the same thing. all presidents are the same. they all claim one side, and then walk the same path.
facara
ozoneocean at 4:59PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
seventy2
He voted against bush to raise the debt so we didn't go in debt. and now he's doing the same thing. all presidents are the same. they all claim one side, and then walk the same path.
Still no invasions or financial collapses yet. You woke me for that? :gem:
*goes back to sleep*

seventy2 at 5:04PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
seventy2
*goes back to sleep*

pakistan buddy. it's coming. “massive buildup in afghanastan.”
facara
kyupol at 6:28PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)

NOW UPDATING!!!
Orin J Master at 7:45PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
Geez, Kyupol…you're not even TRYING anymore. everyone knows all those videos were discredited pieces of fearmongering propaganda.

seventy2
ozoneocean
seventy2
*goes back to sleep*

pakistan buddy. it's coming. “massive buildup in afghanastan.”

you mean the same afghanastan we've been stuck at war in since around 2001? the one Shrubya spent years neglecting because he didn't have any plan when he'd gone in and wanted to invade an entirely unrelated middle east nation? that afghanastan?

y'think maybe the buildup is so they can actually get the job there DONE and go home instead of staying there bleeding the defense budget?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Chernobog at 8:32PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(offline)
Fox News… psh! They're so full of hot air, it's hilarious.

As for the little sing along, tasteless sure, but ultimately cornball. Hardly that troubling. It's pretty meaningless to shove political nonsense at kids to begin with.

*Wonders how many more times Kyupol is going to keep invoking Godwin's Law in his initial posts to everything.*

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Mr Lostman at 9:21PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(offline)
Sometimes Nazis need to be referenced, but this probably isn't one of those times. Kyupol, you're so funny.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Inkmonkey at 10:43PM, Sept. 24, 2009
(online)
Rich
There's quite a difference between praising a man who's primary goal was racial equality and praising a politician who is currently in power.

I think the real difference is that these sing-alongs praising Obama are organized by individuals largely unrelated to the government, whereas the other crap Kyupol links to were mandated by the ruling parties. There's a big difference between the President saying, “I order all children to sing about how awesome I am” and one weird teacher going, “Man, the President's so cool! I should make my students sing about him.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Product Placement at 5:31AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Inkmonkey
There's a big difference between the President saying, “I order all children to sing about how awesome I am” and one weird teacher going, “Man, the President's so cool! I should make my students sing about him.”
Good point.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
kyupol at 5:57AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Wake up.

I guess alot of you are in a deep level of hypnosis where you can't even see something that's right in front of you.

This is DISGUSTING. This is SICK.

Since when was it ok to idolize the leader of a country like its some brainwashed cult?!?

Read your history.

Its all the same.

Nazi Germany… Soviet Russia… Saddam Hussein… Mao Zedong… Kim Jong Il… The ayatollahs… Fidel Castro… Pol Pot… Ferdinand Marcos…

Every dictator in history. Its all the same.
NOW UPDATING!!!
AQua_ng at 6:12AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)

Oh, it's on.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
ozoneocean at 6:29AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
kyupol
Nazi Germany… Soviet Russia… Saddam Hussein… Mao Zedong… Kim Jong Il… The ayatollahs… Fidel Castro… Pol Pot… Ferdinand Marcos…
After the last guy you can say that? o_O

I checked around today guys; I didn't see ONE person with a goatee.
That means you're the ones from the parallel universe, not me.
So go back to wearing hats on your feet and whatever other sick perverted parallel universe things you do. In this universe Obama is just a really ordinary boring guy who just happens to have brown skin and be the president of the U.S.A. Nothing else though. ^__^

BffSatan at 7:15AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
kyupol
Some crap about stuff
Yeah, look at all those Americans brainwashed into believing in democracy and supporting a leader who they democratically voted into presidency because his ambitions for America's future closely matched their own.
DISGUSTING!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
bravo1102 at 8:57AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
And so the battle lines are drawn up once again. lol!

We have the conspiracy theorists; those who so hate Fox news that everything they say must knocked because of the source even if it just reporting ;) inveterate Bush bashers, and those who realize that this is just a first grade teacher doing a classroom activity and no big deal.

You know if it was a CNN logo in the lower left hand corner would the reaction have been the same?

Sheesh, why don't we just copy and paste the posts from another thread rather than waste time typing it out yet again. :)

There are always extremists singing songs to support their extreme views (white/black supremecists are among the funniest) and then there are First Grade teachers and classroom activity. The only thing missing here was the out of tune upright school piano.

Whatever you do don't go south of the Mason-Dixon in the USA where MLK jr's Day is replaced by Robert E. Lee day or back in time when songs were sung about FDR and Ike. It wasn't until the 1960s that classroom songs about the president became EVIL! (thanks LBJ and the radicalism of the 1960s, but there were all the folk songs that we sang in music class where the political references were never explained)

Then there was the screaming about Nixon, Ford, Carter and then Reagan that I endured when in school 1971-1983.

So now teachers are sharing their enthusiasm with their students. If this gets one kid to read a newspaper and care about American politics it's a job well done just like that screaming about Nixon got this little first grader watching the news. (the Watergate coverage was a little hard to ignore, No cartoons and no soaps, just the Congressional investigations)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Mr Lostman at 9:01AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(offline)
It's James Earl Ray Day, not R. E. Lee. Day. Of course, pops was probably just joking.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
ozoneocean at 9:27AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
Fox news
lol!

For one thing, reporting kids singing songs like that is a pretty bizarre thing to do when you know the station has an expressed bias against Obama. Not to acknowledge that is intellectually dishonest.

And number two- Anyone looks good next to the last president. Even Nixon looks like a hero. In fact, after the last guy it's really, really hard to see why Nixon was meant to be such a bad guy, even with all of Watergate.
Bearing that in mind, this extreme anti-Obama stuff is a little strange. At the start of the Bush presidency people thought he was a bit dim and thought that he might not have won the election fairly, but the tone of the anti-bush stuff from the first couple of years wasn't batshit insane. Especially not the normal mainstream opposition to him.

This current anti-Obama stuff, this early in the administration when he hasn't even had a chance to do anything big or even interesting yet and people are calling him Hitler and banning entire public schools from listening to his speeches for fear they'll be brainwashed? Already? huh!?

Ammunition sales are up to their highest level in years and there's a nationwide shortage of it because gun nuts are hoarding the stuff. Militia groups have been growing hugely (as reported by the ATF)… And that's just the normal too and fro of politics? lol!

There are bigger patterns in the world than just “right gets and left doesn't like it in then left gets in and right doesn't like it” you know. ;)
Sometimes some people take it too far. When they do it's a good idea to call them on it and get them to own up rather than playing the three wise monkeys.

—–
And Obama?
Like I say; wake me when he's done something. Anything at all. He's not a god, he's just a reasonably charismatic man who's don't nothing at all yet to make him a bad guy.
All they can hate him for is not being republican. Fair enough, but is “hate”, “fear” and “malignant distrust” really appropriate yet?
Fact is, America is just generally more to the right than most of the known world so anyone smack dab in the centre like Obama is treated like a Marxist. That should be pretty embarrassing.

kyupol at 11:03AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
Your police state continues. Bush=Obama

NOW UPDATING!!!
Orin J Master at 11:46AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
i fail to see what the police have to do with obama. there's no federal link to the police, you know. you don't like it, write to your mayor and governer about your disgust at the way the police conduct themselves and rally others who feel that same way. then propose a bill that requires an outside review of the way the police are trian and operate.

of course, that would require you to make sense when you communicate. which, being Kyupol, would be rather hard. poor kyupol.
lothar at 4:38AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
i think Kyupol provides a usefull veiwpoint. if only it could be balanced out by somebody exactly the oposite of K. some champion of the mainstream media that believed everything that every elected official said and had 100% fath in the official version of things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Orin J Master at 7:44AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
that sounds like having two monkeys knife fighting for our entertainment, Lothar.
therealtj at 10:07AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
Orin J Master
that sounds like having two monkeys knife fighting for our entertainment, Lothar.
Point being…?

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
ozoneocean at 10:18AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
therealtj
Orin J Master
Point being…?
It's pretty obvious.
Kyupol is one “monkey” and the fictional character who is the “champion of the mainstream media that believed everything that every elected official said and had 100% faith in the official version of things” is the other monkey. Their crazy exchanges are “entertainment”.

BffSatan at 10:19AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
Do we have another monkey?

CAN we get another monkey?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Custard Trout at 1:08PM, Sept. 26, 2009
(offline)
Maybe we can get someone to pretend to be the other monkey?
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved