Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

No Photoshop + No Money... am I screwed?
Jiken at 10:08AM, Nov. 1, 2006
(offline)
My friend is using Paint.NET and he says it's pretty cool. It won't let me download it though…
Don't raise the bar. Shatter it.
-a philosophy by me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
AnqeiicDemise at 4:38PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
MSpaint is totally underrated. I used to draw the defunct comic strip Green Flamingoes with it and it came out gorgeous. Fans actually got peeved when I made the switch from MSpaint to Photostudio 5.

The Adventures of Penguin is a great example on how wonderful your comic can be with this underrated tool. Shoot, D&C comes out better when I do it in mspaint too. (By the way, I got it replaced thanks to Dizzy! I love my sis. :D )

I just kinda finish off the strips in Photostudio 5. I can layer in the text appropriately and make it look not so pixelated. Its just a matter of time on experimenting to find the desired product. Remember: shading can be accomplished with slightly darker colors and the paintbrush tool. Magnify, magnify, magnify!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
kyupol at 10:04AM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
hat
As much as I'd love to make a comic, I don't have any version of Photoshop and I don't make enough money to just go out and buy an expensive piece of software. I have MSpaint, but that's about it. I figure I can't make anything look as nice as yalls stuff without the crispness PS can deliver (so I won't even bother). So I'm wondering, what can I do/should I do to make my comics (if I were to make one) look all neat and stuff like all the comics on here? Is there any other (hopefully free) software I should use? Thanks…

Links, recommendations, or anything will be appreciated.

Do not get photoshop from big companies and department stores. They are expensive.

Try going to your local small shop around the corner that sells computers and computer accessories. (*Hint: If the shopkeeper is asian, middle eastern, or russian, you will usually get a nice price*)
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
kyupol at 10:08AM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
or also try craigslist.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved