Comic Talk and General Discussion *

nonstop tweeters.
Randal at 9:55AM, May 5, 2010
(offline)
Do you follow anyone who just tweets constantly? I thought Kevin Smith was in need of an intervention until I started following Roger Ebert. He's like the Twitter-gizer bunny. He just keeps tweeting and tweeting and tweeting (and retweeting). XD

I mean… I respond to these people in hopes they'll read and recommend my comic (pipe dream, i know.) but nowhere near on the scale that Kevin Smith and Roger Ebert tweet. Incidentally, the only “celebrity” who has tweeted back is Chumlee from Pawn Stars, (and for some unknown reason, unprovoked, I'm being followed by Mtv and G4 blogger Carol Zara.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Randal at 1:15PM, May 5, 2010
(offline)
heh. I'm listening to Adam Corolla's podcast from yesterday and they just mentioned the same thing… Ebert and Smith, tweeting their fingers off
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Mettaur at 6:03PM, May 5, 2010
(offline)
Don't double post, just post it on the first one with this in front of the added part

EDIT:
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
alwinbot at 6:28PM, May 5, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur
Don't double post, just post it on the first one with this in front of the added part

EDIT:
Screw the rules!
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
alwinbot at 6:28PM, May 5, 2010
(offline)
This is a rebellion!
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
crocty at 7:04PM, May 5, 2010
(offline)
No AQua, I can't think of anyone who's a twitter whore.

EDIT: Oops I meant to say Randal. Why would I say AQUA IN A TOPIC ABOUT TWITTER WHORES?

I wonder why.

But other than AQua being a twitter whore, Charlie Brooker has on more than one occasion filled my entire front page with his talk about the election debate.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Ozoneocean at 7:35PM, May 5, 2010
(online)
Mettaur

EDIT:
Normally yes, but I think it's partly a joke on Twittering.

I got rid of Stephen Fry from mine because he was twittering WAY too much! It's sort of sometimes interesting to see occasional updates from people, but I simply don't care about what they're doing every single second.

They should change the system, so not only are you restricted to 140 or so characters, but you're also restricted to only one or two posts every 24 hours.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
DAJB at 11:23PM, May 5, 2010
(online)
I don't follow any celebs. At the beginning I did follow Neil Gaiman because, well, he's in comics and something of a big deal, but it very quickly became apparent that his tweets were just as mundane and uninteresting as anyone else's.

Do I want to know how long his flight has been delayed, or how long he's waited for his luggage, or the fact that a cab driver recognised him? If that's all he's got to tweet about, I'd rather follow some nonentity whose tweets are actually witty.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
therealtj at 9:50AM, May 6, 2010
(online)
I'm more of Twitter John, really.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
AQua_ng at 9:59AM, May 6, 2010
(offline)
crocty
No AQua, I can't think of anyone who's a twitter whore.

EDIT: Oops I meant to say Randal. Why would I say AQUA IN A TOPIC ABOUT TWITTER WHORES?

I wonder why.

But other than AQua being a twitter whore, Charlie Brooker has on more than one occasion filled my entire front page with his talk about the election debate.

But seriously I tweet a lot. Not as much as Danny Choo though, he often tweets five times in a row. What makes it worse is that he also tweets in Japanese which makes it doubly effective. Charlie Brooker did tweet a lot during the second election debate.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Mettaur at 2:32PM, May 6, 2010
(offline)
Um, lesse, talk like I'm on twitter…just mention every boring little detail of my life? Okay, on Web-Lords I strengthened my defense of www.Drunkduck.com, now is defended by 5 Dwarfs, 5 Sorceresses, and the amount of Trebutchet units stationed is 15. There, is that worthy of twitter talk?

…wait, don't we use the rant, moan, and rave thread for this?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
same at 2:47PM, May 6, 2010
(online)
There's a reason I don't have twitter.
Example:

Same:ZOMG! SAMMICH!
3 minutes ago
Same:THIS IS DELICIOUS!
3 minutes ago
Same:I NEEDA STOP MASTURBATIN OVER MY KEYBOARD!
3 minutes ago
Same:CAPSLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK IS STUCK!
3 minutes ago
Same:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
3 minutes ago
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Scribe_Drizz at 3:56PM, May 7, 2010
(online)
I'm not a Twitter person, but I do like going to Tweetbaggery once a week. ^_^ I don't follow anyone, not even my RL friends. I just look at what's up on TB, laugh, and move on. No need to Tweet-Mine it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
CZweig at 2:20PM, May 8, 2010
(online)
For some reason I once followed Singaporean blogger Wendy Cheng/Xiaxue. She uh, has a tendency to use her Twitter like a second blog.

As in I'd log on to Twitter and my entire home page would be flooded with her ranting, climaxing with a link to her actual blog in which she rants about the exact same thing.

Though I shouldn't talk because I'm the type who will lie in bed at 2 in the morning and send tweets from my phone about how I am suddenly afraid of ghosts. Yeah I know.
hi
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Joneko at 9:48PM, May 23, 2010
(online)
Twitter is useful when you like getting updates that read like instant messages from people you can't chat with in real time, but following someone who literally fills your frontpage once every hour is annoying as heck.

I follow Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer…but I have to periodically unfollow them. Especially Amanda Palmer. It's not uncommon for me to log in and not be able to see ANYONE ELSE on my updates for at least a page.

My other peeve, or really my main peeve, is when people twitter as they're watching something. I do not want a minute-by-minute reaction to the latest episode of any show ever. If I wanted to know what was going on, I would watch it myself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon