Debate and Discussion

North Korea Attack
mamaya94 at 1:10AM, April 17, 2010
(online)
I'm pretty sure you know about this(or not),
The South Korean gunship was mysteriously sunk few days ago
and just recently,They've found out it was a attack by
North Korean New High Tech torpedo,water Jet Torpedo

A water Jet Torpedo is a high tech torpedo that use water jet power to blow up the ship

About 40 people have died+a UDT(Korean Navy Seal)Legend have died during the rescue because of overworking in the sea.

By far as I know,He was the most respected general of all UDT,
He served in Somalia before,Have trained a lot of UDT soldiers,
volunteer to rescue all the lost marine but died spending too long time in the sea.(He didn't have to go there because he's too old(5 year till retirement) but he insist he have to save all his man)

He was a true soldier.

The UDT Legend

List of Dead people

This is truly a shocking incident for all the Korean People.
It's impacts like pearl harbor and few people are afraid this will break a new war.

North Korea deny this and say we made it up.
OF course,At first he didn't thought it wa north Korea
but when we recovered the ship,The evidence said it was sunk by an exterior exposion.

But still,We haven't found the critical evidence AKA,“The Smoking Gun” so we still can't do anything.But come on,Who else would attack the ship?

What's your thinking about this?

Main Comic

Finished one
Hanged Doll:Where does your memory begin???
http://www.drunkduck.com/hanged_doll/

Resting one
30 years:30 years of pain and suffering…Time for payback
http://www.drunkduck.com/30_Years/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
skoolmunkee at 4:27AM, April 17, 2010
(online)
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this occur in disputed territory? It's my understanding that small incidents have been occuring in those waters for some time, and when a boundary is not agreed upon this sort of thing happens. I'm pretty sure at least one North Korean ship has been sunk in the same area. The loss of life is terrible, but I'm not sure a country can go sending ships and people into a knowingly dangerous area and then get hugely upset when something happens to it. If it were undeniably South Korean waters I would feel differently. I've seen news stories today saying that it was “most likely” an external explosion rather than an internal one, and I can't read the text mamaya linked us to… but if those waters once had mines or something, there's a possibility they could have struck one of those? Really, more facts are necessary. You'd think that if North Korea did it, with all their bragging, they'd have claimed it.

Or maybe it's part of a conspiracy involving the US and other anti-NK powers to finally provoke a reason to invade NK and wipe the place off the map. (I uh, don't actually believe this one. I'm just saying.)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
mamaya94 at 6:33AM, April 17, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this occur in disputed territory? It's my understanding that small incidents have been occuring in those waters for some time, and when a boundary is not agreed upon this sort of thing happens. I'm pretty sure at least one North Korean ship has been sunk in the same area. The loss of life is terrible, but I'm not sure a country can go sending ships and people into a knowingly dangerous area and then get hugely upset when something happens to it. If it were undeniably South Korean waters I would feel differently. I've seen news stories today saying that it was “most likely” an external explosion rather than an internal one, and I can't read the text mamaya linked us to… but if those waters once had mines or something, there's a possibility they could have struck one of those? Really, more facts are necessary. You'd think that if North Korea did it, with all their bragging, they'd have claimed it.

Or maybe it's part of a conspiracy involving the US and other anti-NK powers to finally provoke a reason to invade NK and wipe the place off the map. (I uh, don't actually believe this one. I'm just saying.)

First,Internal explosion is REALLY unlikely.
No fuel or explosive were missing when they found the ship under the water.
(Just 2 missile up on the deck)

And second,The ship was at the south side of a South Korean island.
They were having training in case the North Korea Fire their sea gun to them(So they can take cover behind the island).

And third,They were attach from the LEFT.About 6m of the left side is missing.And the curve of the wreck also tell that it's left.It mean a North Korean ship must have entered our sea and attacked us.

The red circle is the position of the ship when it was attacked

And Yes,Mine is one possibility,But the attack was surely a bubble jet attack.
The crack show that it didn't happened by a direct explosion.So it mean it's pretty much not a Korean War mine(The bubble jet was made in about 90s).
Of course it might have been one secretly implanted by a North Korean sub.
There's no objection to that but by far,The torpedo's the highest posibility.

The reason why North Korea doesn't say a thing is because this was a secret attack.All the battle near there happened because someone crossed the border but this time,The North Simply sneek in the sea and blew up the ship.There are rumor it was conducted by Kim Jung Il's son but that's just a conspiracy.

Actually,There are some doubt about North Korea's attack.They're denying the attack.And also,It was training season with USA and it's pretty weird North Korea have sneeked in 14km to our sea during that time and fired at the ship.

Our goverment are trying to hide facts.Some kind of election are coming near and our president's reputation will go down even more.The military have already lost their trust by hiding the cut of the ship.

Whatever happend,I'm pretty sure it's a sad incident…
Main Comic

Finished one

Resting one
Product Placement at 12:46PM, April 17, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this occur in disputed territory?
There's some dispute yes. You can see the area that's being disputed in this map.

The blue line is the official border that was accepted in 1953. The red dotted line is the area that North Korea now claims should be theirs. The warship sank just north of Baengnyeong (the northernmost island).
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
skoolmunkee at 1:47PM, April 17, 2010
(online)
I don't understand the dotted lines around the island. Do those mean that NK allows that SK has the water around the islands and a little pathway to them? So now I wonder if the ship which was sunk was ‘inside’ the little dotted island area, or outside. Still, it does seem to be a disputed area.

Perhaps it was a ship's captain who sunk it on accident (or got overeager, or did it deliberately) and NK doesn't want to claim it because they knew it would get the country in trouble? I can't help but think that for all the trash talking it does, it must know it wouldn't win any kind of armed conflict. Unless it broke out the nukes. And then it would have to know the entire world would hate it.

Then again maybe that's the plan, ‘accidentally’ sink ships and see how long they can get away with it.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
ozoneocean at 8:53PM, April 17, 2010
(online)
I'd have to agree with Skool here. I in the first place really, really doubt North Korea would dare sink a warship like that, in the second place I doubt they'd be able to. South Korea's navy is always on high alert for North Korea and their navy is FAR better trained while their weapons systems are far move advanced and modern.

This seems like an accident to me. I'm afraid it does happen, more than you'd think, and it is idiotic to try and start something as horrific as a war over something like that. You have to know every little bit of the true story before you start flinging accusations about.
Wars are best avoided at all costs. The original Korean war was a horrible thing.

Wars have been started by people overreacting to accidents before, by people then manipulating information to try and make things worse and keeping facts back. I refer to the explosion that sunk the USS Maine in Havana in 1898. It was later discovered to be an accident, but at the time the incident was blamed on the Spanish and resulted in the Spanish-American war.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
mamaya94 at 4:19AM, April 18, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
I'd have to agree with Skool here. I in the first place really, really doubt North Korea would dare sink a warship like that, in the second place I doubt they'd be able to. South Korea's navy is always on high alert for North Korea and their navy is FAR better trained while their weapons systems are far move advanced and modern.

This seems like an accident to me. I'm afraid it does happen, more than you'd think, and it is idiotic to try and start something as horrific as a war over something like that. You have to know every little bit of the true story before you start flinging accusations about.
Wars are best avoided at all costs. The original Korean war was a horrible thing.

Wars have been started by people overreacting to accidents before, by people then manipulating information to try and make things worse and keeping facts back. I refer to the explosion that sunk the USS Maine in Havana in 1898. It was later discovered to be an accident, but at the time the incident was blamed on the Spanish and resulted in the Spanish-American war.

I do know it might not be North Korean's attack but our military just confirmed it was an external explosion.The cut of the ship was ripped really raggy.
No explosive near the ripped part was missing.Of course some torpedo and explosives ar missing but the other explosive which was next to it was still there.

Some people think The north didn't attacked from our sea.They think the north send their sub to the international water and fired from long-range.

And you under estimate the north korean army.They are well-trained.I know their equipment are old,But The North Korea have been preparing the war for 60 years.And they are fond to make new weapon.There have enough power to attack us.Better equipment are just an advantage,Not the reason to win a war.For example,US had better equipment during Vietnam war but they lost.

The reason why north might have done this is revenge.Almost all the provocation they did ended badly for them.A lot spies have been killed,Few semi-sub and sub were sunk,few soldiers who have accidentaly crossed the border have been killed since the war have stopped.Of course they have killed our side also but the recent battle of west sea have made them eager for revenge.

There are also some prove.The north acted too slow.In usual case,They've alway say said something witin 5 hours if that happened.But They said somthing almost 20 days later.They claim that the south just made it up but wouldn't have said that much earlier if they really didn't do it?

Don't worry,There won't be any war by now.We don't have any hard evidence and we don't even want to do a war.A lot of people will die.
Main Comic

Finished one

Resting one
Product Placement at 6:02AM, April 18, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
I don't understand the dotted lines around the island. Do those mean that NK allows that SK has the water around the islands and a little pathway to them? So now I wonder if the ship which was sunk was ‘inside’ the little dotted island area, or outside. Still, it does seem to be a disputed area.
The islands belong to south Korea and these are pathways that the north say that the south can take in order to commute to and from them. As you can see, it's a bit of a pain for the the south.

I would maybe suggest a compromise where the borderline around the islands would remain unchanged but north would be allowed to expand their boarder further away. Something like this:

I would fully understand though if North and South Korea are unwilling to listen to a suggestion made by some random guy in a comic forum.

I think that the ship sank near the island so it was probably inside the dotted line and thus inside a south Korean territory recognized by the north.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Orin J Master at 9:27AM, April 19, 2010
(online)
when you say water jet torpedo, do you mean it uses the jet for propulsion or as the detonator? that's really the only details that holds my interest.

kimland is more or less the usual crazy dictatorship run by an incompetent. industry is hamstrung by the government for largely arbitrary reasons, the military makes bonehead mistakes for the cause of “nationalism”, and there's almost a constant cry of them threatening to “get” everyone for some reason. that rather blatant attempts to take those islands (what's on them anyways, or do they just want a forward naval base….) is pretty much par for the course for them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
mamaya94 at 5:28PM, May 21, 2010
(online)
Now here's the prove you can't deny,

They found the torpedo

They found out it's a North Korean torpedo.

Luckily,South Korea's not going for war…

phew…
Main Comic

Finished one

Resting one
mlai at 11:54PM, May 23, 2010
(online)
So… they found the “smoking gun”… but S. Korea is not going to war… and N. Korea does not have to make reparations or even an apology…

Yeah, ok. Goodbye, incumbent president. Hello, new hardline hawkish president.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Faliat at 5:15AM, May 24, 2010
(online)
Ok. I guess nobody got hurt or killed so i should probably be no big deal.
Oh, wait…

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Product Placement at 5:42PM, May 24, 2010
(online)
mlai
So… they found the “smoking gun”… but S. Korea is not going to war… and N. Korea does not have to make reparations or even an apology…

Yeah, ok. Goodbye, incumbent president. Hello, new hardline hawkish president.
Just because South Korea isn't walking through the border with guns blazing, doesn't mean that they're not demanding some retribution. There are some serious things that needed to be considered before contemplating war. First of all, South Korea is backed up by USA. The North has China backing it up. South Korea might also be developing nuclear bombs. Do you really want to start a war when these cards are on the table.

Instead Lee Myung-bak (the president of South Korea) does the responsible thing and goes the diplomatic route. He condemns the attack and demands that the sailors involved with the sinking of the ship, to be punished accordingly. He uses his ties with America to put pressure on China and increase sanctions on North Korea.

You may not think that is enough but I don't agree with the policy of blowing up everything and everyone you don't like. In a world like that, nobody would be left alive.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
kyupol at 12:52PM, May 26, 2010
(online)
I think North Korea is another puppet state.

Rumsfeld was on ABB board during deal with North Korea
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/Rumsfeld_was_on_ABB_board_during_deal_with_North_Korea.html?cid=3176922

Bush Seeks $3.5 Million for Group Building N. Korean Reactors
http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=567

Who do you think would benefit from a war between the two Koreas?

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved