Comic Talk and General Discussion *

North Korea attack???
mamaya94 at 1:24AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
By far,Some people think this was intentional,What's your thought???

Six South Koreans went missing yesterday while camping downstream at the Imjin River as North Korea released water from a dam without warning. The river’s water level doubled from 2.3 meters to 4.69 meters in a matter of hours. No rain fell on South Korean territory or on the river upstream in the North. The North might have intentionally opened the floodgates of the Hwanggang Dam, which is some 27 kilometers north of the Demilitarized Zone, to release massive “water bombs.”

The North should know that many South Korean fishermen and campers flock to the Imjin River on sunny Sundays. Despite the high likelihood of damage, the dam’s floodgates were released in the middle of the night. This is nothing short of attempted murder of civilians. Pyongyang neither informed Seoul of the discharge nor gave an explanation afterward. The water’s release might very well have been a flood attack on civilians.

The Hwanggang and April 5th dams, both of which the North built upstream of the Imjin River, are a serious threat to the downstream areas of Paju and Yeoncheon County in South Korea’s Gyeonggi Province. The Hwanggang Dam, which is 34 meters high and 880 meters long, can hold more than 300 million cubic meters of water. Of the 5.26 billion cubic meters of water streaming at the river per year, the dam can block up to 2.1 billion cubic meters. When the North contains or releases water in the river, the South stands to suffer. Following the completion of the dam, the water supply to Yeoncheon has declined up to 293 million tons per year. North Korea’s repeated release of water without warning since 2001 has caused South Korean fishermen to lose nets worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

When the South mentioned this problem in inter-Korean economic cooperation talks in 2003 and 2005, the North promised advance notice of discharges for dams along the Imjin river and Imnam dams (Mount Kumgang Dam). Pyongyang did so in June 2002 and August 2004. The North, however, should no longer use the term “Korean people” as its sudden release of water broke its promise and might have killed six South Koreans. This despicable and ungrateful act comes after the Gyeonggi government gave 2,500 tons of corn worth one billion won (805,000 U.S. dollars) to the North early this month.

North Korean dams have become a practical threat to the South, but nearby residents and environmental groups have opposed the construction of the Hantan River Dam. This has delayed the project more than seven years. South Korea is building Gunnam Flood Control Point in the main stream of the Imjin River and the Hantan River Dam at the tributary of Imjin River, which is a required self-rescue measure. The Hantan River Dam will help the South prevent floods and secure a water resource. Childish selfishness by provincial areas is another reason for the rise in the number of victims and damage.

Main Comic

Finished one
Hanged Doll:Where does your memory begin???
http://www.drunkduck.com/hanged_doll/

Resting one
30 years:30 years of pain and suffering…Time for payback
http://www.drunkduck.com/30_Years/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Ozoneocean at 1:42AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
mamaya94
yesterday
Hey man, that happened days ago, NOT yesterday at all. Apologies and explanations were already delivered and protests by extreme right wing pro-war Koreans held in Seoul calling for silly retaliation.

Best to stop this delayed panic and cool your head. War isn't imminent, but mistakes and accidents happen, that's life.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
chibii at 4:45PM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
I used to live in South Korea, about 20 miles away from the border in Uijeongbu. We once had some crazy ladies post up posters of North Korean leaders and would run around in the streets weeping about how amazing they were. There was an incident about a year ago where some South Koreans sent balloons with information about the South and the government threatened to blow up our country for it. Tension there is always felt, everyone's always threatening each other and every interaction is seen as a threat.

Do I think it was on purpose? I don't think so. I don't think the Northerners knew of the campers. I didn't even think you were allowed to be that close to the border without identification, maybe they were there illegally. Either way, I think it was just an accident. I hope South Korea doesn't take it TOO seriously. When they come back blowing up our subways again, THAT'S when to be afraid.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
humorman at 7:34PM, Sept. 13, 2009
(offline)
I always thought South Korea and North Korea were part of the same country like South Dakota and North Dakota. I think the problem here is that war is bad. If the world stopped having wars, we wouldn't have world wars (Hello… World War II anyone?). Also, most people on this site don't really care about the Koreas because there's a little term called nationalism. Nationalism simply means that if I don't live in a particular country, why should I give a damn about it? We don't because since we don't live there, we can't relate to anything or anyone there. Humans are fickle in that way, but as long as you accept this, then we can finally have peace. (…like peace to war? See how I went full circle with my explanation? It's incredibly deep if you think about it.)

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
mamaya94 at 1:32AM, Sept. 14, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
mamaya94
yesterday
Hey man, that happened days ago, NOT yesterday at all. Apologies and explanations were already delivered and protests by extreme right wing pro-war Koreans held in Seoul calling for silly retaliation.

Best to stop this delayed panic and cool your head. War isn't imminent, but mistakes and accidents happen, that's life.

Alright…I know everything bout somnehow,NO ONE READ MINE!!!!

I just made a title to attract few people(I'm sorry)
Main Comic

Finished one

Resting one
mamaya94 at 1:34AM, Sept. 14, 2009
(online)
humorman
I always thought South Korea and North Korea were part of the same country like South Dakota and North Dakota. I think the problem here is that war is bad. If the world stopped having wars, we wouldn't have world wars (Hello… World War II anyone?). Also, most people on this site don't really care about the Koreas because there's a little term called nationalism. Nationalism simply means that if I don't live in a particular country, why should I give a damn about it? We don't because since we don't live there, we can't relate to anything or anyone there. Humans are fickle in that way, but as long as you accept this, then we can finally have peace. (…like peace to war? See how I went full circle with my explanation? It's incredibly deep if you think about it.)

Nationalism is not the problem,A fat dictador is the reason why Korea is still seperated.

Main Comic

Finished one

Resting one
mamaya94 at 1:35AM, Sept. 14, 2009
(online)
chibii
I used to live in South Korea, about 20 miles away from the border in Uijeongbu. We once had some crazy ladies post up posters of North Korean leaders and would run around in the streets weeping about how amazing they were. There was an incident about a year ago where some South Koreans sent balloons with information about the South and the government threatened to blow up our country for it. Tension there is always felt, everyone's always threatening each other and every interaction is seen as a threat.

Do I think it was on purpose? I don't think so. I don't think the Northerners knew of the campers. I didn't even think you were allowed to be that close to the border without identification, maybe they were there illegally. Either way, I think it was just an accident. I hope South Korea doesn't take it TOO seriously. When they come back blowing up our subways again, THAT'S when to be afraid.

No,They were llegal.It was about 16 KM away from the border.And south Korea is little angry but there aren't gonna be any war
Main Comic

Finished one

Resting one
BffSatan at 4:32AM, Sept. 14, 2009
(online)
I hope there isn't another Korean war, I just know my birthday is gonna get called.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
bravo1102 at 8:10AM, Sept. 14, 2009
(offline)
BffSatan
I hope there isn't another Korean war, I just know my birthday is gonna get called.

By the time a Second Korean War starts you'll be past the age of enlistment. Rest assured that those who enlist to protect your rights and freedoms will do what they've always done and go off and die for their country in a futile exercise of man's inhumanity to man and for what? A lifetime in the horrid socialized medicine system known as the Veteran's Association and the right to be buried in a veteran's Cemetary with a cute little flag that gets replaced every Memorial day. Then there's the gaggle of depressed drinking buddies at the VFW and American Legion.

What wonderful things a veteran has to look forward to and that's not including the permanent physical and emotional scarring. Be grateful there are such people in the world and that you are under no obligation to join them because there is no draft.

Nothing meant by this against anyone because all of us are to blame, just the recitation of a sad reality.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 8:14AM, Sept. 14, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
By the time a Second Korean War starts you'll be past the age of enlistment.
He's Aussie too so you know what that means?
… We ignored our Korea war veterans and basically gave them less acknowledgement that even our Vietnam ones (which wasn't much).
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
bravo1102 at 8:33AM, Sept. 14, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
bravo1102
By the time a Second Korean War starts you'll be past the age of enlistment.
He's Aussie too so you know what that means?
… We ignored our Korea war veterans and basically gave them less acknowledgement that even our Vietnam ones (which wasn't much).

He's doomed to get even less than an American veteran. Do Aussie vets even get that flag on their grave every Rememberance day?

However less Aussies end up serving as a percentage of the population than in the USA. It's that superpower hubris of ours. :) I fell for it back in 1987.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
kyupol at 5:41PM, Sept. 14, 2009
(online)

To come to think of it:
- Why did Rumsfeld sold nuke reactors to N. Korea. I thought North Korea is the enemy?!?

- WTF is with all the “aid” given to N. Korea? The aid doesnt go to the people. The aid goes to Kim Jong Il and his thugs. N. Korea follows songun politics (Military First). So do you think the average N. Korean will get food? If North Korea is the enemy, then stop the aid and let that commie police state collapse on itself. Why aren't steps taken to help collapse North Korea? Is North Korea perhaps… beneficial?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
mlai at 1:36AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
A lifetime in the horrid socialized medicine system known as the Veteran's Association
I worked in that system for 4 years, and I resent that remark. The average American would wish he has the benefits that these vets get.

Actually, it has been remarked that the VA system works amazingly well, and that USA should look to it as the new national model for healthcare, for all citizens.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon