Random Discussion

Not to worry! Epic Beard man will save us!
Product Placement at 10:08PM, March 16, 2010
(online)
Don't know about you guys but I just heard on the Internet grapevine about this interesting confrontation.

Apparently Epic Beard man is well known around the parts where this video was shot and his real name is Tom Slick, a 67 year old Vietnam veteran. Now he's full of internet fame and is everyone's favorite meme for the next 3 minutes.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
ozoneocean at 10:22PM, March 16, 2010
(online)
HA! For once I'm WAY ahead, having seen this quite a while ago, plus interviews with him and the other guy, as well as all the parodies. :)

He's a big dangerous fellow… Just goes to show that you really shouldn't start threatening someone clearly more powerful than you. The other guy was acting like a moron and should never have followed him after forcing him to move to the front of the bus. He's lucky he wasn't killed.
His girlfriend apparently stole the big guy's bag too, that's what she's showing in the vid at the end. :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Product Placement at 10:26PM, March 16, 2010
(online)
Like I said. The man is so full of internet fame that even the Australians have heard of him.

You can't be that much ahead of me though. It just happened now in February.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 10:49PM, March 16, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
It just happened now in February.
We're more than halfway through March now man. :(
I saw it about… two weeks ago? More? I dunno…

I was pretty disapproving of it actually- showing as it does real violence for entertainment. But I suppose it also documents the progression of a dispute from inception to conclusion, and it delivers a bit of a lesson.

Product Placement at 8:35AM, March 17, 2010
(online)
I'm well aware of the time. Just pointed out that this incident just happened about a month ago. Can't have my finger on the pulse at all times.

Looks like this shit is not over yet. According to this interview, the black guy is still talking trash and this radio DJ is trying to get these guys to meet up again and duke it out for round 2.

The other guy is going to need an ambalance if he's dumb enough to agree.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
seventy2 at 3:21PM, March 17, 2010
(online)
YOU CAN'T SPITSHINE VELCRO SHOES!

i need more amber lamps.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
ozoneocean at 3:46PM, March 17, 2010
(online)
seventy2
YOU CAN'T SPITSHINE VELCRO SHOES!

i need more amber lamps.
That was good animation stuff, but the stoy they made completely changed every single aspect of what happened. lol!

lba at 3:45PM, March 18, 2010
(online)
I still can never quite figure out exactly what he said to the guy that started the whole episode in the first place.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Product Placement at 4:35PM, March 18, 2010
(online)
lba
I still can never quite figure out exactly what he said to the guy that started the whole episode in the first place.
Yeah, it sounds so random. The best I can gather is that the old guy was talking to someone on the bus about wearing some nice clothes and having his shoes spit shined. Then the black guy buts in talking about shoe shining. The old guy thought he was offering to shine his shoes which ticked off the other guy because he thought it was offensive. That's when the video kicks in.

This is at least what I gathered from hearing the interviews from the old guy so it's one sided.

My standing theory is that the black guy is one of those “got a chip on his shoulder” type who looks for any reason to bring up prejudice. When he heard the old guy talking about spit shining he must have linked that to something he thought was racist.

Anyways, the old guy is being hallmarked as a hero because the community around there is so sick of people who are starting unnecessary fights and feel it was refreshing to see someone like that get beat up. At least that's the impression you get from the bus video.

Edit:
Here's the story from Mr Amberlamp's point of view.

And here's beard man.

Watch both and compare it with the bus video and you should have 90% of the true story.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 8:16PM, March 18, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
The old guy thought he was offering to shine his shoes which ticked off the other guy because he thought it was offensive
I think that's a misunderstanding. I think what really happened was that the young guy thought that the whole “spit shine” thing had something to do with him and possibly the idea of black people shining shoes, because he was drunk or more likely a bit druggy and angry the way young guys often are.
In reality, beardman was just chatting away like old people do about how he was going to look so fine in his parade gear (or whatever) at his special event.

The whole thing about him thinking the other guy wanted to shine his shoes is a misconception. He's just wondering why the young guy's snapping at him about it.

The lesson is- when you're off your brain on substances, be VERY careful who you snap at, and NEVER imagine that you're really as big and tough and mean as your young testosterone and drug fugged brain thinks you are, because there's always someone who really is that dangerous.

Kroatz at 2:22AM, March 19, 2010
(online)
Ozoneocean
Don't do drugs kids!

The Oz has spoken.
Comidion.deviantart.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Hawk at 1:07PM, March 19, 2010
(online)
This is a sad misunderstanding blown out of proportion by a drunk man and a crazy man, egged on by a thoughtless woman with a camera, and made way too famous by the internet. I can hardly believe the big deal that has been made over just another scuffle on the public bus.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
therealtj at 6:52PM, March 19, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
Ozoneocean
Don't do drugs kids!

The Oz has spoken.
Actually, he just said be careful about who you tussle with while on drugs. He didn't say anything about not doing them. In other words, Ozone condones drug usage! :D

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
subcultured at 7:01AM, March 20, 2010
(online)
veterans should be respected, cause they can kick your ass
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
noncannonfireworks at 10:45AM, April 15, 2010
(online)
Shall the human race sink any further??

Let's hope so.
The interesting thing about a signature is that you can put anything on it. No matter how pointless.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved