Debate and Discussion

Obama hates babies...
Comicracy at 4:44PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Hey did you hear about Barrack Obama, he quotes if his daughter gets knocked up “ I dont want her punished with a baby” so I guess babies are punishment, at least according to Barrack. Hey having a kid is tuff, but its definately not punishment, its actually a lot of fun. You can view the footage yourself on youtube, I think this guys a creep who can speak well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Aurora Moon at 5:05PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Comicracy
Hey did you hear about Barrack Obama, he quotes if his daughter gets knocked up “ I dont want her punished with a baby” so I guess babies are punishment, at least according to Barrack. Hey having a kid is tuff, but its definately not punishment, its actually a lot of fun. You can view the footage yourself on youtube, I think this guys a creep who can speak well.

don't you think you're overreacting?

I don't think he actually said it in that context. Think of it this way… as precious as babies can be for some people, they are still a lot of responsblity and takes a lot to care for. Which is clearly too much for a young lady to handle. She would have to give up everything as a single young woman to care for a baby– Social life, money, etc… which can be viewed as an type of “punishment”… or consquence, if you will, for having a child even if unintentionally.

That was clearly what he meant. Jeez. some people will jump the gun to bash somebody. how fucking stupid.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Comicracy at 5:22PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Clearly what he said was “ I dont want my daughter punished with a baby” He said it while addressing Planned Parenthood, so you put two and two together and quite coming up with “cow” I really dont think he hates babies, however I dont think he values human life as apposed to the millions of people he offended with that comment, real liberal of him eh?
dueeast at 5:23PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
I agree it was an overreaction to Obama's statement, but does this mean Obama would encourage his daughter to get an abortion or would he encourage adoption if she had a teen pregnancy? I'm not trying to bait, I really am trying to understand the context…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Comicracy at 5:24PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Well he said it at a planned parenthood convention… duh!
Vagabond at 5:29PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
Judging from a photo on Wikipedia, both of his daughters look less than 12 years old.

Frankly, unless we suddenly stumbled into biblical times again, then having a kid remotely near that age would suck ass. Aka, a “punishment.”

While I'm pro-life as much as the next… well, pro-life person is, I would have to agree that having a kid when you're still a kid would be a hindrance. Where me and Obama differ is whether you get rid of the hindrance, or try to live with it.

So honestly, I'm not really offended by that statement, even though I know what it's implying.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
dueeast at 5:37PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
In that context then, I don't think he “hates babies.” But it's no surprise he's trying to gather votes this way. It's just politics.

I tell ya, I really want this election to be over, one way or the other. I don't like any of the candidates…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
imshard at 6:55PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
If we were to go through and invalidate every politician who pandered to an audience none of our current officials would be in office. I may not be one of his supporters but I respect his abilities as a statesman. The Planned Parenthood has historically been a large supporter of his party so he'd be quite stupid to snub them, or not seek their support. With our system, the ability to associate into any environment is a beneficial trait not a weakness.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
SpANG at 6:55PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
Comicracy
Clearly what he said was “ I dont want my daughter punished with a baby” He said it while addressing Planned Parenthood, so you put two and two together and quite coming up with “cow” I really dont think he hates babies, however I dont think he values human life as apposed to the millions of people he offended with that comment, real liberal of him eh?
Comicracy, are you really this obtuse or are you just trying to stir up crap with stupid pundit “faux news” opinions?
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
imshard at 6:59PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
SpANG
Comicracy
Comicracy, are you really this obtuse or are you just trying to stir up crap with stupid pundit “faux news” opinions?

I think its more a game of devil's advocate. Trying to polarize a discussion by being overly abrasive and unbalanced.

crazyninny at 8:31PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
I see that he's acting like any parent would. What parent would want their underaged child to be soundenly burrend with a child? I wouldn't wish it on anyones kids myself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
thisguyflip at 9:36PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
just wanted to add, i'm not too fond of his agreeing to give driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. instead use the funds for a moat filled with alligators and sharks with friken lasers on their heads.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
Comicracy at 10:55PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Im just stating what he said, I didnt say it, he did. Why is it that whenever a “controversy” brakes over Obama all you lefties want to blame fox news when the other agencies cover it just as much. Im sorry the liberals have dominated the media for the last 50 years and now you have some opiniated conservatives to throw it in your face, as soon as that happens you “open minded” individuals want to slam the door on free speech. How hypocritical. What a bunch of nazi brown shirt facists you are.
plas at 11:01PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Full quote reads:

“When it comes specifically to HIV AIDS, the most important prevention is education. Which should include abstinence education and teaching children that sex is not something casual. But it should also include other information about contraception because I've got two daughters, now 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. So it doesn't make sense to not give them information. But you still want to teach them the morals and the values to make good decisions.”

Point by point I think he was saying this:

-I will teach my children that sex is not something casual or something to be taken lightly
-I will teach them that abstinence is the moral thing to do
-But if they make a mistake and have sex casually (so the mistake he is referring to here is not getting pregnant, but rather having casual sex) I want them to make sure that they take adequate measures to make sure that it is safe (i.e. the pill, condoms, etc…)
-I don't want them to get an STD or to get pregnant from unprotected sex
-I want them to be able to make the right decision and make sure they protect themselves beforehand

So I believe you misinterpreted the quote from having it taken out of context and only hearing a portion of it. I believe my interpretation is accurate, but by all means anyone is free to contradict me.

Given the full context of the quote I don't see how anyone can really disagree with what he is saying here. He isn't promoting abortions or anything, he's promoting safe sex which is a very smart thing to do. While his use of the word “punishment” might be a tad bit much, I think when you take it in the context of everything else then it really can't be viewed as bad as it is being made out to be in the press.

Also as an addendum (this is my person opinion here) and putting the miracle of birth aside and the joy that a child can bring to a parent. Having a child at 16 CAN really mess up your life and destroy plans, it can interrupt schooling and education. With the right support it could be fine, but for a vast group of people having a child at a very young age would completely decimate any future plans you might have. His other point, which is mostly ignored, about getting an STD is also valid. That really would mess up your life and leave you with a disease that you could carry with you for the rest of your life or even, in the case of HIV and AIDS, kill you.

I really don't see what it was that he said here which was bad.

1) promote abstinence
2) educate on safe sex

The video I used of the speech can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbZJYWjkAPo&feature=related
(ironically the person who posted this video still misinterprets the quote.)
I has no picture :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Comicracy at 11:24PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Hey buddy, the emperor is not wearing clothes, take down your demi god Obama from the mantle for one second, do you realize that he was speaking at a PLANNED PARENTHOOD convention, so your the one taking what he is saying out of context by not mentioning that it was given at a Planned Parenthood which is the McDonalds of Abortion. HE definatly was advocating abortion, only a dimble minded fool wouldnt be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that.

Secondly as a parent, how does anyone compare STD and a child in the same sentence, if he's going to use the two in a sentence he needs to distinguish between them, being the great speaker that he supposedly is he should be able to do this no problem.

So there it is, Obama values an unborn child on the same lines as an STD, unless of course he mispoke… sort of like he just did while speaking to a group of san francisco elitist about people from PA clinging to their “guns” and “religion” but thats another topic.
plas at 11:50PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
As far as I can tell I have interpreted the full context of the quote to the best of my ability, even going so far as to find what he said before and afterwards. Now looking at the actual words he said (without implying anything) he mentions HIV, AIDS, and STDs but nowhere mentions abortions. So I naturally interpolated that he was speaking primarily in reference to contracting a disease from unprotected sex.

As for your second point, he speaks of STDs and Pregnancy in two separate sentences. Regardless of that, which is a semantic point at best, he is speaking of the consequences of unprotected sex of which catching a disease and getting pregnant are both possible outcomes.

I understand that abortion is a very touchy subject for some and that opinions vary widely on the subject, but in reference to this particular quote I'm afraid I just don't see the context through which you interpolated that he was speaking of abortion in a good light or in fact even referencing it at all.

In terms of Planned Parenthood being the “McDonalds of Abortion,” I'm afraid that I would have to disagree. I've read over their website and they provide far more information on Safe Sex, Diseases, Adoption, Raising a Child, Ensuring a safe Pregnancy, then they do on Abortion. From that source I would have to be led to believe that they offer information on Safe Sex and the consequences that arise from unsafe sex.

Lastly, Barack Obama is not my “demi god” or my “emperor.” I am actually not American so my interest in the election is purely as a bystander, and my interest in this topic was simply to attempt to provide the full context of the quote in order to dispel any bias which may have arisen from an incomplete interpretation of it.
Comicracy at 1:38AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
“I dont want them punished with a baby” So if he's not speaking on abortion we must assume that he is talking about some other alternative means, perhaps sending them down a gentle stream in a wicker basket to be picked up by monks and raised learning the way of the Tao…right, WRONG, open your eyes… Obama is a pro-abortion anti gun liberal, he has the most liberal viewpoints in the senate, Im not saying its bad to be a liberal, My moms one, but what I am saying is that abortion is exactly what he was referring to. This is a guy who voted to allow teens under 18 to go and get an abortion without telling their parents. Come on man you have to have a parents permission to see an R rated movie, get your ears pierced, a tattoo, but not to have an abortion…
lothar at 3:42AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
so ?
maybe what he should have said is
“abortions for some, miniature american flags for others !”

seriously i would say bush hates babies more, the way he been dropping bombs on all those cute babies in Iraq.
Obama wants to stop dropping bombs on Iraqi babies .why do americans get so upset about abortion ? nobody gunna force you to get abortion .but you kill millions of other countries people ! wtf? you guys look like a bunch of hypocritical idiots !
america need Obama , so stop the hating ! he's your only hope at this point !!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Kohdok at 6:22AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
Comicracy
Im just stating what he said, I didnt say it, he did. Why is it that whenever a “controversy” brakes over Obama all you lefties want to blame fox news when the other agencies cover it just as much. Im sorry the liberals have dominated the media for the last 50 years and now you have some opiniated conservatives to throw it in your face, as soon as that happens you “open minded” individuals want to slam the door on free speech. How hypocritical. What a bunch of nazi brown shirt facists you are.

How sadly typical. First YOU bring up the arguement, then when we question it you insult us for ever questioning your wisdom.

It's obvious to me that Obama is referring to it as being an unfortunate consequence of unprotected sex. If we wanna play the word game “Planned Parenthood” isn't “Abortions R' Us”. It's for “Planning parenthood”, as the name suggests. Obama is implying that the lessons Planned Parenthood is teaching are important and he doesn't want his daughters to make any mistakes.

Also, Newsflash Comicracy, NOBODY claims to be pro-abortion. People who say they are “Pro-Choice” don't support it, they just understand that no matter how much you outlaw it, there will be those who want one, so they should at least be able to have them in a sterile environment if that is their CHOICE.

Now, if Obama had said, “If any of my daughters got pregnant, I'd have them get an abortion immediately,” we'd have a different argument on our hands. THAT would have been undeniable, but this is just people jumping the gun. What Obama is saying is that if people are well educated and protect themselves during sex, they won't have to face a choice such as that. He implied that the consequences and the choices attached to them would be a terrible punishment.

It's not the baby itself, but the decision of whether or not to keep it that is the most heart-wrenching punishment of all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Atom Apple at 2:12PM, April 12, 2008
(online)
'Kay.

We'll elect the rich white guy as president, worked so far hasn't it?

(See Bush)
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
imshard at 1:11AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Atom Apple
'Kay.

(See Bush)

I really don't see what race has to do with it. Also you described every president this country has had. So far for better or worse this country is still here after using a long 229 year-long progression of “rich white guys”. If Obama wins we'd still be electing a rich guy so unless you think race affects qualifications in any way just shut it.

plas at 1:16AM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
imshard
I really don't see what race has to do with it.

It could have a lot to do with interpretation on the world stage. Lets face it, US popularity worldwide is at a pretty big low. If the US was to elect an African-American president then they would be accomplishing something that no other western country has done before that I can think of. I think it might really change the way people look at America. That aside though I totally see your point. Let's be honest, the best person for the job is the one who will do the best job, race should never come into question for that.
imshard at 1:23AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Oh yes I agree it would have an enormous effect on people. My point is that a candidate's race (or sex for that matter) does not make any of the candidates any more or less qualified. It simply doesn't affect their ability to lead if Obama is black, Clinton is a woman, or if McCain is old.

ozoneocean at 4:04AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Hey, babies are evil anyway.
——————–
But I'd like Obama to win in the US. McCain doesn't seem toooo bad, but you've already had several years of a republican administration. Hillary is simply a conservative democrat, and do you really need to continue that whole dynasty thing? Seriously, that just plain looks bad for a country that prides itself on democracy. The only other countries that have that these days are places like Argentina, a few African, Arab, and East Asian countries, not as well known for good democracy.

It's a worry.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
lothar at 4:16AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
McCain is a sock puppet ! as soon as he's in office he's going to Bomb Iran , lot's of babies in Iran
Atom Apple at 7:47AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
imshard
Atom Apple
'Kay.

(See Bush)

I really don't see what race has to do with it. Also you described every president this country has had. So far for better or worse this country is still here after using a long 229 year-long progression of “rich white guys”. If Obama wins we'd still be electing a rich guy so unless you think race affects qualifications in any way just shut it.

Obama wasn't raised rich though.

And I guess I didn't need to throw white in there considering in this country it's a given.
lothar at 8:01AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
they should alternate between white and black presedents from now on .
it would go something like this - black white black white black black white black
SpANG at 10:42AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Comicracy
Riight. You aren't spinning anything at all, which is why the title of this thread is:
Obama hates babies…
Which must be exactly what he meant, having a family of this own and all.

Oh, wait you said…
Comicracy
Im just stating what he said, I didnt say it, he did.
So he said “I hate babies!”, then. Weird I can't find a clip of that.

Tell you what. Make a grown up statement, back it with FACTS, and then we'll talk mmkay?
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Atom Apple at 12:21PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
lothar
they should alternate between white and black presedents from now on .
it would go something like this - black white black white black black white black

Where's the mexilove?
Comicracy at 8:56PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Your taking what I said out of context, I admitted I dont think he hates babies, in one of my statements above, I knew that it would get peoples attention to talk about the facts of what he did actually say, thats why I made the post that he hates babies, to get your attention to the real issue. He's a pro abortion politician. Like it or not you cant argue that. MMKAY.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved