Debate and Discussion

Obama's Friendship with Terrorists?
Comicracy at 8:12PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Ok, we beat the baby thing to death, so what do you all think about Obama's friendship with Bill Ayers. Ayers was responsible for Bombing Government buildings in the 70's. Obama's campaign doesnt deny the friendship. Ayers has been quoted by the New York Times as saying “I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough.” How can a president of the United States have an association with someone like this. I feel that in itself would disqualify you as it would for most government jobs. For example there is a little question at the bottom of a police application which asks if you have ever known or associated with any group or individual who has advocated a violent overthrow of the United States. Now for all you who want to call me lots of nasty names after posting this please go research the facts and if anything I said in here is not true I will kick myself in the nuts. But only once.

Have a nice day!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Kilre at 8:59PM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Someone
The only hard facts that have come out so far are the $200 contribution by Ayers to the Obama re-election fund, and their joint membership of the eight-person Woods Fund Board. Ayers did not respond to e-mails and telephone calls requesting clarification of the relationship. Obama spokesman Bill Burton noted in a statement that Ayers was a professor of education at the University of Illinois and a former aide to Mayor Richard M. Daley, and continued:

Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous.

In the short term, the person who has most to gain by speculation about Obama's acquaintance with a former terrorist is Hillary Clinton. The former First Lady likes to present herself as “tested and vetted” after years of exposure to Republican attacks, in contrast to Obama, a relative newcomer to hardscrabble presidential politics. Such arguments resonate with Johnson, the counterterrorism expert, who told me that he is a Clinton supporter, although not involved with the campaign.

From: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/02/obamas_weatherman_connection.html

Troll more. You're entertaining.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Comicracy at 10:25PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Oh I will.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
plas at 10:40PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
Someone
Politicians of an earlier generation had their own relationships with figures now far to their left. Hillary Rodham Clinton, for instance, interned at a radical San Francisco law firm while in law school.

On the other side of the political spectrum, many in the generation before hers shifted dramatically on civil rights. John McCain voted against creating a holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. and later called that a mistake.

Thats something we may need to consider in this case. Everyone makes decisions they will later rethink, even politicians. That aside however in this case the only material evidence I could find on an Obama-Ayers connection was one meeting in 1995 when they met along with a few others, including Alice Palmer who actually brought Obama, in Ayers home. The account of that, along with the above quote can be found at: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html

also of note is that Bill Ayers and many people in the riding in which the meeting took place now consider him “too conservative.” Already covered is the fact that the “donation” to his campaign was only a figurative stipend. The fact is there is nothing material to connect the two that I could locate.

edit: imo, maybe its about time you provided the facts instead of us man…
I has no picture :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Kilre at 10:58PM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Comicracy
How can a president of the United States have an association with someone like this.

Have a nice day!

You mean, like, how can Bush have had economic ties to the Osamas? Blasphemy!

Someone
Conveniently ignored in all of the press coverage since the tragic events of Sept. 11 is the fact that on May 17 Secretary of State Colin Powell announced a gift of $43 million to the Taliban as a purported reward for its eradication of Afghanistan's opium crop this February.

http://www.konformist.com/911/osama-bush.htm

Irony.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
ozoneocean at 1:20AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
Just bash Obama in one thread… Jebus man… It's all related smeary stuff.
Maybe just talk about the smear stories about ALL the candidates? :/

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
lothar at 4:18AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
this is sick ! now all those racists know Obama is gunna win the primary and they already start attacking him with made up bullshit !!
Obama is gunna loose because he wont sink to the slimey lows that the reptillian conservatives will .

btw , why don't we talk about bush's friendship with suadi dictators. it's more like ass kissing begging for oil while he talks about freedom and democracy in a country that doesn't allow women to vote and executes gays . but the saudis are best buddies with the bush family , and oh yea, who were the 911 hijackers ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Product Placement at 6:43AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
ozoneocean at 7:02AM, April 15, 2008
(online)
Top Drawer is the place for image dealies PP…
Debate and Discussion is more serious.

Yeah, but this does fail. Keep the smear in one thread and if something similar starts up about some other candidate we'll make them keep that in one thread as well, just to be fair. ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved