Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

OH GOD THE PIXELS!!!!
tripleL at 12:16AM, July 12, 2008
(offline)
So yeah, every time I export my image it turns out all…eh, pixel-y. Everywhere I've blended looks like it's just come out of a pop art museum- it's got dots everywhere.

Now, I realize that it may be because I use MangaStudio Debut (rather than the expensive EX or Photoshop), but I'm cheapo and poor. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the pixel-y-ness? I'm open to pretty much anything at this point.
On the other hand, you have different fingers! :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
ozoneocean at 2:10AM, July 12, 2008
(online)
-As to your question, try saving it in the different formats your program offers you (if it does).

-JPG files are normally the best for detailed web images, offering the best compression rate for the most complex colour images, depending on the amount you compress it.

-PNG 24 bit makes a good looking image, but the compression level is laughable for a complex image. It also offers transparency.

-PNG 8 bit and GIF will make a pixely image, depending on how many colours you save it with (from 1 colour through to 256) and the sort of dithering you use. The more colours the bigger the file. They also offer transparency as an option.

(A lot of spriters here prefer PNG 24 bit because that's the only pre-set on MS Paint that gives them a decent looking pic in a format that they can use on the web.
But it's not a real choice… They do it because they A. don't know any better. And B. have no other option.

If you have different options, choose what's right for you :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
Evil_Snuffkin at 5:54AM, July 12, 2008
(online)
I used to have this problem with a few of the older graphics programs I used. Does it offer you an option to change the compression of the image? If so adjust it so that it gives a much smoother image… the less you compress though the longer it will take for the image to load. There may also be an option to preview it in a web page directly from the program from where you could just copy and save it as a jpeg (which is what I used to do with some of the really old versions of paintshop pro). I've never used Manga Studio but hope this helps.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved