Random Discussion

Oh, those crazy religious blogs.
Aurora Moon at 7:23AM, Dec. 27, 2009
(offline)
So I was on AI Jane, a political forum which I like to go to for debates and such…

when this dude comes in being all upset, because apparently obama is avdoacing gays teaching about homosexual fisting to little kids young as 8 years old in school.

I was like: “what? this is the first time I've heard of anything like that.”

He replied: “It's all over the blogs, man!”

It sounds all a little fishy, and sure enough a google run showed that it was all over the religious blogs everywhere on the internet such as www.jesus-is-savior.com and gateway pundit or something like that.
However… the same google run also showed me that nothing like that ever showed up on any of the news' websites such as CNN, MSNBC, etc. it didn't even show up on FOX!

So none of the news channels has ever heard of this homosexual fisting thing, but all the religious blogs are savvy to this kind of thing?

I pointed this out to the dude, and told him: “Listen, I know you're a religious guy and all… but sometimes religious blogs on the internet can lie to you! It's not even mentioned on any of the major news network and why? Don't tell me it's because of the great gay agenda coverup because that's not true. You know that those news people would jump at the chance to report on it because it creates controversy, and controversy sells news! Think about it, please. The reason why the news didn't report about it is because nothing like that had ever existed.”

And what do you know, the thread got deleted as soon as I said that, and the guy became even more upset about it because it seemed like he really wanted to believe that Obama had been up to no good.

So those religious blogs seemed to be against the fact that Obama was president, and that gays were now being recognized as *gasp* normal, decent people!
So I guess they thought they could create propaganda that would smear the image of not only gays, but Obama.

Pfft! And the scary thing is that some people are actually buying into it… when they could had done a simple Google run and found out that it wasn't true.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Orin J Master at 8:02AM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
yeah….most religious blogs prefer to just be shock rags, trying to make up non-existent controversy to help galvanize their readers to their opinions.

still, gay fisting is a pretty funny one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
lothar at 8:13AM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
this is nothing new
the bible is just a 2000+ year old blog
its all made up lies , just like the internet
religious nuts just keep doing the same thing no matter what century
new technology , same bullshit
i pity the fools of 2000 years hence
when the unearth the new dead sea scrolls
they will be the remains of servers
and obamas fisting of schoolchildren will be another chapter in the updated bible of the future
they will have to explain why the rapture never happened somehow

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
ozoneocean at 8:22AM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
The funniest thing about the anti-Obama stuff is that the guy really hasn't done anything noteworthy at all really. People mostly love him (those that do) because he's really NOT Bush jnr.

And yet there are religious nutjob types and ultra conservatives that act as if he's the antichrist. THAT is shocking and unbelievable. Especially coming after an administration that invaded two different countries for nothing, wasted BILLIONS of dollars of taxpayer money on those wars, killed hundreds of thousands during them, virtually bankrupted the military because of them so that almost all new weapons programs were cancelled and they were reduced to extending the life (yet again) of very old tech, presided over the collapse of the banks and the start of a new recession, gave the banks billions of taxpayer money to try and fix things and failed…
Etc, etc etc.

Not only do they not seem to remember who did all that stuff, but Obama seems to be blamed for it as well. O_o

I dunno. Maybe they'll elect Sarah Palin next time, she'll be Bush Jnr all over again and all the same fiscal mismanagement and international blunders will happen all over again and they won't mind a jot just because she says she's conservative.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
lothar at 9:10AM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
LOL @ americans
i'm starting to believe that some of that flouride aspartame stuff that Kyupol talks about is actually legit . how else to you explain the mass retardness that is modern america ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
humorman at 5:07PM, Dec. 27, 2009
(offline)
Most Americans don't listen to this stuff. In fact, Americans have some of the best education in the world. As an American, just by saying American stereotypes makes you look like the bad ones.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
therealtj at 8:56PM, Dec. 27, 2009
(online)
humorman
Most Americans don't listen to this stuff. In fact, Americans have some of the best education in the world. As an American, just by saying American stereotypes makes you look like the bad ones.
That's why we're in this war with England in the first place :/

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Product Placement at 10:07AM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
lothar
mass retardness that is modern america ?
I think that most countries have an equal distributional of retards. It's just that as a country that practically embodies the concept of free speech, the mistake is made where ALL sides are given equal merit. As a result, even the biggest lunatic is allowed his say on the matter.

When we hear news reports where some lobbyist in the bible belt manages to outlaw the teaching of evolution, just so that he can sell creationist books that his brother wrote or a huge debate pops up where people who are against Obama doubt whether or not he is a born American, simply because he was born in Hawaii, it's easy to think they're all nuts. The good thing is that nowadays, people seem to be wising up to it. The case with the evolution vs creationism was quickly readdressed where evolution was re-instated and most people ignored the idiots that ranted about Obama being a foreign Muslim.

It's easy to spot the idiots when they're being handed soap boxes to stand on.

Speaking of which:
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
ozoneocean at 10:24AM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
I think that most countries have an equal distributional of retards. It's just that as a country that practically embodies the concept of free speech, the mistake is made where ALL sides are given equal merit. As a result, even the biggest lunatic is allowed his say on the matter.
Quite True.
With Lothar specifically though, he IS American, but an Ex-pat. Ex-pat's tend to have pretty strong ideas about their home countries once they've seen them from the outside for a while… And with the U.S. being as insular as it is, seeing it from the outside is usually a very large culture shock to former inhabitants.
Product Placement
It's easy to spot the idiots when they're being handed soap boxes to stand on.
That woman didn't seem idiotic exactly… she seemed a bit young to me, a bit like a teen. She either has some growing up to do, or next time she wants to make a speech in public she should do a bit of research beforehand.

Cringe-worthy vid though. Man! …ugh. You wouldn't want to have to sit and listen to crap like that day in and day out. :(

kyupol at 11:36AM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
www.jesus-is-savior.com

They DO have valid points. (Look at their police state section)

However, I don't like the kind of New World Order they'd bring in if THEY were the one who would replace the Illuminati. I could tell (through reading alot of their articles) that they'd replace one police state with another police state.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Aurora Moon at 11:40AM, Dec. 31, 2009
(offline)
lol, now that gateway pudit blog is claiming to have “more proof”.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/?s=fisting

Yet when I followed their links I saw nothing objectable, etc… like how in the first link within that site they claimed that the books for children were sexually explict, like with the “What mommies/daddies do best” children's book… yet they're reading too much into it. Just because an antromorphic parent fox is hugging his child doesn't mean they're having adult/child sex. jeez!

WTF. lol

I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
kyupol at 2:00PM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
Here's a few crazy religious blogs for you:

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/blog/
http://weblog.greenpeace.org/
http://blog.algore.com/

In spite of the leaked climategate emails that prove that man-made global warming is a hoax afterall, that is still ignored. Just like any religion/cult ignores any evidence that invalidates their claims.

lol!

I believe in freedom of religion.

If you honestly believe that the man-bear-pig is gonna get us, so be it.

If you honestly believe we're all gonna die due to the polar ice caps melting and honestly believe that carbon dioxide is some type of deadly toxic nerve gas because the name sounds scary, so be it.

BUT PLEASE!!! I DONT WANNA PAY TAXES TO YOU!!! IF YOU WANNA FUND YOUR CHURCH, PLEASE RELY ONLY ON THE BELIEVERS. DO NOT FORCE IT DOWN MY THROAT!!! I DON'T WANNA GIVE MONEY TO SOME CHURCH I DON'T BELIEVE IN!

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
ozoneocean at 3:38PM, Dec. 31, 2009
(online)
kyupol
In spite of the leaked climategate emails that prove that man-made global warming is a hoax
Actually they proved that real scientists find nuts annoying. Nothing else.

Kyupol. This is Madness.
Not Sparta.
No, just crazytown. -down the road from nutsville.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved