Media Megaforum

Old Cartoons
Chelano at 7:09PM, July 7, 2006
(offline)
What are some old cartoons you use to watch?

Lets talk about the old days (^_^)

Hmm lets see if I can start with one.

Anyone remember the show The Raccoons……It has the best 80's theme song ever
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Slang at 11:03PM, July 7, 2006
(offline)
Old days to me is watching Racco's modern life, man that show rocked. I miss it :smt010
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
SarahN at 11:47PM, July 7, 2006
(online)
Slang
Old days to me is watching Racco's modern life, man that show rocked. I miss it :smt010

Ditto.

Also Ren & Stimpy, Tiny Toons, Batman, and Animaniacs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
AQua_ng at 1:05AM, July 8, 2006
(online)
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Captain N.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
marine at 12:01AM, July 9, 2006
(offline)
Ren & Stimpy seasons 1&2 gets an almost constant play in my dvd player. I'm also a fan of Beavis and Butthead, the dvd set isn't quite what I wanted but still.

Some other older cartoons I enjoyed:

The Maxx (those of you who missed it should watch it, and especially read the comics. Great stuff)

Golden Age Looney Tunes - My favorite being the wise ass Daffy, since he would never get recoginized for being the hero but was obviously the more popular character. I guess its the “identify with” character for me.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs - pure cheese

Captain N - for making nes games characters even more wierd, like the green megaman or the chauvanistic Simon Belmont.

Sonic that was on ABC - the darker much more cooler sonic. It was pretty cool. Really only if you're a dorky furry or a dorky gamer. I can't watch it now because of the connections to the sick fetish shit, but I still remember it fondly.

I hate anime. It was cool in 97-98 when it was barely on, and would occasionally be shown on cinimax, but god damn its everywhere now. Even a nick toon is a god damn anime. What the hell happened to american cartoons?

Ninja Turtles - that new show is absolue blasphamy

Batman, Spider-man, X-men, Silver Surfer, Hulk and Iron Man 90s series were all pretty good.

Hell, even Batman Beyond and that Spider-man 2099 rip off cartoon were pretty cool. Why do they take off the cool shit?

Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Earthworm Jim, all the good cartoons from the WB

I pretty much gag at cartoons now. The only ones that are pretty decent are the ones everyone likes, Billy & Mandy and Spongebob are the first two that come to mind. I've just seen so many shitty cartoons it pukes me to watch Nick at all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
Stain at 12:45AM, July 9, 2006
(offline)
I remember Infiltration Unit Zeta, but I only watched it on occasions. Batman Beyond was pretty good, and I liked the use of crossovers in the two series I've mentioned so far. I've seen almost all of Dragon Ball Z, and some of Ranma 1/2. I watched a lot of TV in the 1990's, but now I don't watch much. I'm too busy on the computer.
Dirk Zephyrs
Stain is also pretty hot.
Lawl @ Homosexuality

K.A.L.A.-dan! Trap!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
jalford at 12:59AM, July 11, 2006
(online)
The original 40s Superman cartoons kick the ass of anything Disney did until Jungle Book.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
ccs1989 at 2:08PM, July 11, 2006
(online)
The Superman/Batman Animated series were what I grew up with everyday at 3:00. And I now have them on DVD. :D And then later Batman Beyond…good stuff.

Also Pinky and the Brain and the Animaniacs. Goods shows.

But I also watched kids TV at the time that anime was first coming onto the air. Shows like Pokemon, Digimon, and Medabots were also on. Unfortunatly looking back on them they're all crap.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Mimarin at 2:38PM, July 11, 2006
(offline)
Pinky and the brain was british terrestrial television up until recently.

Man, best plans ever.
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
jalford at 2:43PM, July 11, 2006
(online)
Christ! Kermit is just in freakin' ecstasy in that icon!
Mimarin at 3:16PM, July 11, 2006
(offline)
My favourite was whent they made another earth, or maybe the one with the titanic and pancakes.

Also Who can say SAM AND MAX.

ccs1989 at 4:34PM, July 11, 2006
(online)
I like the War of the World's spoof Pinky and the Brain did. Also the Winnie the Pooh spoof (Al Gore as Eyore). :D
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
PhatScurl at 5:02PM, July 11, 2006
(offline)
Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Ronin Warriors
Dragonball
Monster Rancher
Digimon
Batman the animated series
Rugrats (we need some new episodes here, Nick)
Spiderman
IronMan
Gundam Wing (never really watched it, it had giant robots in it and that was all that matter)
Transformers
Beast Wars
X-men

Geez, millions more, there just not coming to me right now. I gotta go check out my old toys now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
PhatScurl at 6:44PM, July 11, 2006
(offline)
I still classify these shows as cartoons no matter what people say

Power Rangers
VR troopers (this show kicked ass)
and that beetle bug warrior show with the blue genie from hell, i forget what that show was called
jalford at 2:36AM, July 12, 2006
(online)
“They're no match for our Robotechnology!”
“If you ever mention that show again, I'll stab you to death with my chin!”

Monster Rancher was quite possibly the WORST of the Porkomon ripoff shows. It was like, “Hello, complete random stanger. My name is Genki. And now that I have told you what my name is, you must pay attention to me. Hello? Main character from another dimension DEMANDING people put their lives on hold and pay attention to me!” If I wanna see a GOOD anime about a guy going to another world through a video game, I'll get Lamune & 40 Fire.
Mimarin at 3:37AM, July 12, 2006
(offline)
anyone else remember Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles? because that was the shit, seriosuly, nothing beats giant killer insects on a saturday morning.

jalford at 11:51PM, July 12, 2006
(online)
Although all that sentai stuff is live-action, and not animated. About the only animated sentai shows that were released in America were Gatchaman(Battle Of The Planets), Voltron, Ronin Warriors, and Sailor Moon. There's a few others that are nearly in that category like the animated Ultra-Man and Cutey Honey.
BigFishComic at 10:35PM, Aug. 21, 2006
(offline)
thunder, thunder, THUNDER CATS.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Duck at 11:41PM, Aug. 21, 2006
(offline)
Freakazoid, was truly a favorite of mine.

Also Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers.

And old looney tunes. these new ones are pathetic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
alejkhan at 12:18AM, Aug. 22, 2006
(online)
Soooo many favorites, so little long term memory….:

Galaxy Rangers (some episodes out on dvd, omg voice acting so weird…)
The Real Ghostbusters (that cartoon used to give me nightmares)
The Mighty Orbots (voltron but with robot androids that turned into a gianter robot and the cute dorky scientist guy who made them went inside them with the little girl robot to “pilot”….)
TMNT (Krang is the greatest villian ever.)
Transformers ( I <3 Soundwave)
Beast Wars (best of the transformer remakes)
Voltron (only because the evil prince was hot)
Dinosaucers (dinosaurs are ALIENS!)
Robotech (I don't really remember it, but I know it was good and I watched it as a kid with my mom)
Darkwing Duck (ducks can be dark and brooding too.)
Duck Tales (damn catchy theme song)
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (another freakin' catchy theme song)
Spiderman and Friends (old school awesome)
The Incredible Hulk (more old school awesome)
The X-men (early version 90s I do believe)
Johnny Quest (both the original and the remake)
Thundercats (Hooooooooooooo!)
She-Ra (every girl should have a pink lion)
and who can forget that fabulous (90's I think) Batman

Ok, my brain hurts trying to remember any more…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
PhatScurl at 4:09AM, Aug. 22, 2006
(offline)
Anyone remember the show Mighty Max, with the microscopic toys especially designed for small children to choke on.
Mimarin at 4:22AM, Aug. 22, 2006
(offline)
PhatScurl
Anyone remember the show Mighty Max, with the microscopic toys especially designed for small children to choke on.

Yes! I loved that, it was full of death and violence and time travel, and prophecy.

alejkhan at 9:31AM, Aug. 22, 2006
(online)
Mighty Max….did that have the kid with the red hat?

Oooh, I forgot the Pirates of Darkwater, now that was a nifty bit o' cartoon. And GI Joe! omg, how could I forget that….
Too many cartoons…….
kaminari at 5:50PM, Aug. 22, 2006
(online)
I second everything alejkhan said.. but take out beast wars and insert He-man (and She Ra didnt have a pink Lion.. She had a pegasus !)

Wow, I didnt think anyone remembered Dinosaucers !! I was so young when it was on, but I'd draw them even then. I think it came on after Denver the last dinosaur.

I watched Skeleton Warriors and Conan the Adventurer alot too.

Ah, and here's one from ages ago that no one probably remembers: Turbo Teen ! Its like the original American Ranma, only the kid became a car in water, l
ol. That was part of Cartoon Express on USA.
Later on they'd show stuff like Exo Squad, Biker Mice from Mars and that god awful American version of Street Fighter.

and dont forget about Jem cause she was like truly, truly outrageous.. heh.

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Radec at 7:04PM, Aug. 22, 2006
(online)
duck
Freakazoid, was truly a favorite of mine.

Also Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers.

Freakazoid was terrific.

BTW guys, If you get cable (can't remember the name for it, the good one with all the hundreds of channels), you can still see Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers on Nicktoons network.
yes. I DO watch too many cartoons.

(would Invader Zim count as old or new? While it's been out for a while, they ARE making new episodes for it. Just curious how that would be considered.)
<= dead and buried.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:58PM
alejkhan at 9:24PM, Aug. 22, 2006
(online)
kaminari
I second everything alejkhan said.. but take out beast wars and insert He-man (and She Ra didnt have a pink Lion.. She had a pegasus !)

Wow, I didnt think anyone remembered Dinosaucers !! I was so young when it was on, but I'd draw them even then. I think it came on after Denver the last dinosaur.

I watched Skeleton Warriors and Conan the Adventurer alot too.

Ah, and here's one from ages ago that no one probably remembers: Turbo Teen ! Its like the original American Ranma, only the kid became a car in water, l
ol. That was part of Cartoon Express on USA.
Later on they'd show stuff like Exo Squad, Biker Mice from Mars and that god awful American version of Street Fighter.

and dont forget about Jem cause she was like truly, truly outrageous.. heh.

I owned She-Ra's pink lion….but maybe that was her arch rivals pet……But it really was this pink fuzzy lion from the She-Ra series. It existed!

Skeleton Warriors! omg I loved that cartoon! Ever since seeing it, I was determined to be able to travel through the shadows! And Jem is also a formative cartoon of many a girl's childhood. I had many of the dolls, and the car with a working radio in the trunk! Ah good times…
kaminari at 10:22PM, Aug. 22, 2006
(online)
Ack, I was just talking to a friend on this topic and we came up with these other shows (not mentioned) from the old memory:

Gummy Bears
Dungeons and Dragons
Galtar and the Golden Lance
MASK
Thundar
Foofur
Pound Puppies
Count Duckula
Bananaman
Danger Mouse
David the Gnome
Maya The Bee
Swat Kats
Centurions
COPS
Silverhawks
Smurfs (I even remember the cereal !)
Snorks
Shirt tails
Care Bears (I love Grumpy Bear !!)
Dragons Lair
Space Ace (those were both games, but also tv series)
Alvin and the chipmunks
Superfriends
The Biskitts
Go Bots
Paw Paws
Wuzzles
Fat Albert
The Little Prince (I have a cel from this series)
Adventures of TinTin

Man, that's a lot !! But I watched all these as a kid. Thats probably why latched on so tightly to anime in my mid to late teens. I was a cartoon freak >.< (Im in my mid 20s now)

There are also a few I dont remember the names of:

One with kid monsters. One of them was a medusa girl with a few snakes in a pony tail.
There was also another with some teens who fought monsters and one was a werewolf who always wanted to kill the one who made him that way so he could be normal.
(I have a thing for werewolves.)

And finally there was one about koalas that came on Nickelodeon and was actually a dubbed anime from Japan.

Hawk at 12:42AM, Aug. 23, 2006
(online)
kaminari
There are also a few I dont remember the names of:

One with kid monsters. One of them was a medusa girl with a few snakes in a pony tail.
There was also another with some teens who fought monsters and one was a werewolf who always wanted to kill the one who made him that way so he could be normal.
(I have a thing for werewolves.)

And finally there was one about koalas that came on Nickelodeon and was actually a dubbed anime from Japan.

I think the first one you're thinking of is Gravedale High. This cartoon reminds me a lot of Galaxy High.

It's possible the second one is Monster Force. Not sure though. I only saw one episode of it and it seems kind of like what you're talking about.

It's likely the third one is The Noozles

alejkhan
I owned She-Ra's pink lion….but maybe that was her arch rivals pet……But it really was this pink fuzzy lion from the She-Ra series. It existed!

I'm not sure I ever recall Hordak riding a fuzzy pink lion. :lol:
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
alejkhan at 10:55AM, Aug. 23, 2006
(online)
alejkhan wrote:

I'm not sure I ever recall Hordak riding a fuzzy pink lion. Laughing

There was that ‘evil’ She-Ra chick! The one who had the dark wine colored/purple mask and outfit….

Argh, where did that pink lion toy come from!! >_<
kaminari at 12:39AM, Aug. 24, 2006
(online)
Hawk, you nailed all three of those cartoons, lol.. Those titles were all correct..

and Alejkhan, Here's some info on that lion !! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catra
It says only one appearance so its no wonder I didnt remember it.. but I dont remember the toy either, lol, but I know, now that it existed !!

Here are some more cartoons that I thought of today:

Heathcliff
Garfield
Captain Planet
Widget
Creepy Crawlers
Megaman (original Japanese version dubbed for US syndication)
Mother Goose and Grimm
Darkstalkers (blech, American version… it happened)
Capitol Critters
Eek the Cat
Family Dog
The Critic
The Tick
Wild C.A.T.S.
Simpsons (how could I forget that? Im a Simpsons fanatic ! and I was in elementary school when it started !)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved