Debate and Discussion

On Debate and Discussion
ozoneocean at 11:31AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
You have to have a thick skin in this forum…
Genuine personal aren't tolerated… much.

But it doesn't help to feel personally insulted or offended when your ideas/opinions/arguments/propositions are attacked or sent up.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
bobhhh at 1:47PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
TheMidge28
@ bobhhh, I think you thrive on debating people.
You like being right.
You're right.
I was being rude by calling your sketches of my points to be hilarious.
You're right.
I shouldn't defend my post or even have posted what I posted in the first place.
You know what I'll just go ahead and delete the post.
I thought it would encourage discussion which was lacking in the Debate and Discussion thread.
But I was wrong.
Thank you bobhhh for pointing out how ignorant I am and rude I can be.

I do enjoy debate, but increasingly not with you. I never said you shouldn't defend your opinion, it was who you said you didn't expect people to question your statements. I am sorry if my disagreeing with you was so upsetting, but I am not sorry I disagree.

Pardon me if i find it confusing how you claim, that you hoped your comments would inspire discussion, and then get so angered when it comes to pass.

And @ Ozo, yes I feel attacked by Midge's tendency to take everything I say personally. This is debate, I am just questioning his opinion, pointing out what I see as inconsistencies in his logic, isn't that what we're supposed to do? I would expect, and regularly recieve the same treatment, and I am pleased, not defensive. It seems to me that he's is the one who gets testy and insulting. And yet I try to retain my cool.

And I don't think I am always right, and if you read any of these threads at length you will see that when I am wrong I am very conciliatory and polite, and even a bit thankful for being set straight, most recently in the prejudice and descrimination forum, for example.

You see I do believe we can change each others minds, but only if we are open minded enough to defend our assertions without rancor. But in the spirit of harmony, I will refrain from bothering Midge in the future unless I am engaged first.

Sorry for thr drama folks.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
TheMidge28 at 1:51PM, Nov. 11, 2007
(online)
bobhhh, the problem with your responses is the belittling and mischaracterizing of my posts with terms like “complain”, “so upsetting”, “so angered”, “testy and insulting” …etc.

I have a thick skin.
And can carry a civil discourse and debate, but when you make comments like these and others, you continue to prove my point of being rude and assumptive.

Your responses would have been fine if you excluded these remarks.

You sir make it personal by these little jabs.

Debate can be carried on without these comments. Unless someones logic and argument are that weak that's when most resort to name calling, which if you read my responses I never did.

But its all good.
It is but the internet.
There are no hard feelings here.
I can take you or ignore you.
I rather take you.
Want an E-hug?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:22PM
bobhhh at 4:28PM, Nov. 11, 2007
(offline)
Fine. I won't go round and round with you anymore, it's not helping either of us, and I'm sure we are boring the snot out of everyone else here. Apparently I feel you have misinterpreted my intent same as you feel I have yours. Now there's a disagreement with little chance of conclusion! :)

I'll leave it a that.

PS raincheck on the hug, I'm way too curmudgeonly to engage in touchy feely reconciliation :) how about a handshake?
TheMidge28 at 5:30PM, Nov. 11, 2007
(online)
deal
*extends hand….grasps…pulls in for hug*
bobhhh at 7:10PM, Nov. 11, 2007
(offline)
TheMidge28
deal

Oh my god, I hope the guys don't see me!!!

;)
crazyninny at 7:17PM, Nov. 11, 2007
(online)
We all love the thrill of fighting for what we belive in, even if its stupid. We just love to support our ideas.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
DAJB at 11:50PM, Nov. 11, 2007
(online)
bobhhh
TheMidge28
deal
;)

Awww - it's a Kodak moment!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
crazyninny at 2:22PM, Nov. 12, 2007
(online)
DAJB
bobhhh
TheMidge28
deal
;)

Awww - it's a Kodak moment!

*Takes pictures.* This is going into the DD scrap books! *Takes some more pictures.*
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
TheMidge28 at 2:25PM, Nov. 12, 2007
(online)
*grabs bottom*
OH SH-
*runs*
marine at 5:05PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
I like to post over here to plug my comics. The same reason I post anything anywhere on here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
horseboy at 11:56PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
Why lie?
I like to argue. This is one of the few places I've found where I can argue, not be required to pull a punch and get something more back than “You're a cootie head.” Even when I disagree with someone, if they can defend there positions as passionately as I go at them, I have more respect for them.
There is no such word as “alot”. “A lot” is two words.
Voltaire
Never seek for happiness, it will merely allude the seeker. Never strive for knowledge, it is beyond man's scope. Never think, for in though lies all the ills of mankind. The wise man, like the rat, the crocodile, the fly, merely fulfills his natural function.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
bobhhh at 7:46AM, Nov. 17, 2007
(offline)
horseboy
Why lie?
I like to argue. This is one of the few places I've found where I can argue, not be required to pull a punch and get something more back than “You're a cootie head.” Even when I disagree with someone, if they can defend there positions as passionately as I go at them, I have more respect for them.

Agreed, cootie head. :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved