Debate and Discussion

Overrated stuff
zgenstru at 4:07PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Y'know what's really overrated, http://www.drunkduck.com/Powerup_Comics/index.php?p=388686 it dosen't deserve to be on the DrunkDuck top ten comics. All it is is just a half attempt at a so call videogame/comedy comic. The plot is original, I'll give the artist credit. But really does it deserve to be on the DD top 10? Now I"m not intending to bash this comic in anyway but, really the artist is going at this at a wrong way. Maybe there are other comics that don't deserve the title of being in the top 10 either but,really this comic is one of them does not deserve it the title.

Another thing overrated, Halo 3! Why is this game so popular?! It's exactly the same as the previous game but with a few new gadgets and weapons and better graphics. I know this because I've PLAYED it before and it's not that great but, yet another game that can't live up to its hype.

Anyone else know some overrated products?

MCcain IS cancer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:01PM
kyupol at 5:12PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
zgenstru
Y'know what's really overrated, http://www.drunkduck.com/Powerup_Comics/index.php?p=388686 it dosen't deserve to be on the DrunkDuck top ten comics. All it is is just a half attempt at a so call videogame/comedy comic. The plot is original, I'll give the artist credit. But really does it deserve to be on the DD top 10? Now I"m not intending to bash this comic in anyway but, really the artist is going at this at a wrong way. Maybe there are other comics that don't deserve the title of being in the top 10 either but,really this comic is one of them does not deserve it the title.

Another thing overrated, Halo 3! Why is this game so popular?! It's exactly the same as the previous game but with a few new gadgets and weapons and better graphics. I know this because I've PLAYED it before and it's not that great but, yet another game that can't live up to its hype.

Anyone else know some overrated products?

Hey. No system is fair. Just deal with it. Thats what alot of people want.

You know, its like the same analogy as the sheer number of people who vote for certain politicians then start whining later on.

Relax, guy. Life isnt fair. lol!

As for overrated products, they can become overrated if they are advertised well enough. Depending on the financial capability of the advertiser of course.

If lets say I had all the money to burn on advertising my comics. You'd think my comics are overrated. lol!
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lothar at 5:18PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
yea . most stuff that is popular usualy sucks to some degree

like lord of the rings and spider man and harry potter and … i'm gunna stop there
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Aurora Moon at 6:48PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
lothar
yea . most stuff that is popular usualy sucks to some degree

like lord of the rings and spider man and harry potter and … i'm gunna stop there

it could be also be aruged that those stuff also has a lot of wonderful stuff to a degree. :p

I actually love lord of the rings and harry potter… but of course that's because I'm a sucker for the fantasy gerne.

I don't think anything could be truly 100% the most awesome thing to grace the face of earth. I think if anything actually reached that kind of “perfection” status, where litterally everyone on earth pretty much loved it… I think it'd be basically the end of the world or something lol.

Because face it, not everything is going to please everyone out there. you might hate something such as the awful artwork of an comic, and you can't understand why so many people love it. But many people out there might actually love it for the simple humor and or storyline it conveys more than they actually like the art itself. that sort of thing.

Sometimes that's just how life is… everything has it own flaws, but people still find something about those flawed products/objects/etc to love.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
cartoonprofessor at 7:11PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
LOTR was great! A cinematic masterpiece that translated text to film brilliantly.

(For those Tolkien fans out there anyway.)

You can please some of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
Hawk at 8:01PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Okay, here's the deal. Powerup Comics is a big joke… a joke being played on you and every other reader of Drunk Duck. It was created by a bored man and his forum buddies to see just how much attention a bad gamer comic could get. Need proof?

http://www.truthandbeautybombs.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=13204

That's where it all happens. You'll see how much enjoyment these people are getting out of the comments from angry readers. And why don't people know this? Well, “Shadowgamer” mutes anybody who exposes him in the comments section.

So, there you have it. It's a troll comic. And how do we defeat trolls? By not feeding them.

I'm afraid I have to lock this thread, just as we did the last time somebody brought up Powerup Comics in here. But hey…

Now you know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved