Help, Support and Suggestions

Page layout...
OmegaHedgehog at 11:06PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
Hey. I was just wondering; I really, really like the Mallard Blue 2.0 theme and (apparently) so do all my readers, and recently I've been wanting to put Google Adsense stuff in there to generate a bit of profit, but it seems that I either have to stick with the ‘default’ silver theme (Only one that allows me to edit HTML; it also looks INCREDIBLY BROKEN AND UGLY :E) or the pretty, Mallard Blue theme (Which has no “code” option popping up when I select it).

So! As you can see, I'm in a bit of a twist. Only the terribly broken, ugly theme (“None/Default/Own”) allows me to make a profit because the pretty theme doesn't, as far as I can tell, have support for customizing HTML.

Help?

—————————
http://drunkduck.com/Death_By_Pixel
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
ozoneocean at 11:39PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
You could edit the Mallard theme but it's a little complcated…
You've have to right click, click view source, copy and paste that code somewhere, then get rid of all the rendered DD comment tags and replace them with the tags in the “silver” theme. Then you'd have to save all the image files the Mallard theme uses, and upload them to your GFX folder, making sure you're not missing any other linked images, or CSS files. Then basically you copy and past the code into your None/Default/Own code box and click “send”.

Alternatively, you could ask Hawk for the source code so you can edit it yourself easily (he's the author), but you'd still have to get those images (like the background), yourself.

But anyway, in the mean time I'll do what I always do and offer the source code to my own simple ‘Black and white’ template (updated version). The only extra files it requires are the navigation buttons, which you can save from any black and white template and upload by clicking on “Manage extra files”.

-edit-
There was a slight mistke in the button names. The code in my latest post is better. Sorry for the error.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
OmegaHedgehog at 11:52PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
Nice. Only problem is, now my arrows are missing (Next comic, previous comic, ect) XP

Any idea how to solve this?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
ozoneocean at 12:12AM, Nov. 4, 2006
(online)
Ahhhhhhh, you didn't read it all. You missed this:
The only extra files it requires are the navigation buttons, which you can save from any black and white template and upload by clicking on “Manage extra files”.
This comic uses the standard old version of the Black and white template. All you do is:
1. right click the buttons,
2. save them,
3. then go to ‘My Controls“,
4. Click you comic name,
5. Click ”Manage extra files"
6. Upload all the button pics, one after the other.

That’s all :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
ozoneocean at 12:23AM, Nov. 4, 2006
(online)
NO, there is also an error in my code, all the buttons should have a “b” in front of the code and not a “w”.
Sorry!

Ok, fixed code here:

:

BODY {
scrollbar-face-color: #ffffff;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #ffffff;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #888888;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #333333;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #555555;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-track-color: #000000;
font-family: verdana, arial, ‘sans serif’; font-size: 11px; color: #ffffff;
background-color: #000000;
}
p,table,td {
font-family: verdana, arial, ‘sans serif’;
font-size: 11px;
color: #ffffff;
}
.border {
border: 4px solid #ffffff;
}
.border2 {
border: 1px solid #000000;
}
.bordercom {
border: 2px solid #ffffff;
}
input, textarea
{ background-color: #000000;
font-family: Verdana;
letter-spacing: 1px;
border: 2px solid #ffffff;
padding: 1px; }

option, select {
background-color: #000000;
font-family: Verdana;
color: #FFFFFF;
letter-spacing: normal;
border: 1px solid #ffffff;
padding: 0px; }

A:link { color: #ffffff; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; font-variant: normal; text-transform: none; text-decoration: underline; cursor: hand; }
A:visited { color: #ffffff; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; font-variant: normal; text-transform: none; text-decoration: underline; cursor: hand; }
A:active { color: #ffffff; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; font-variant: normal; text-transform: none; text-decoration: underline; cursor: hand; }
A:hover { color: #999999; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform: none; text-decoration: none; cursor: hand; font-size: 11px; font-style: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; font-variant: normal; }
.bgcolour2 {
background-color: #0066CC;
}

.title {
font-family: “Courier New”, Courier, mono;
font-size: 40px;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
}
.subtitle {
font-family: verdana, arial, ‘sans serif’;