Help, Support and Suggestions

Page views
Ferretshark at 9:54AM, Nov. 1, 2006
(offline)
Not sure if this is the correct forum section in which to pose this question (Mods: Move this if necessary) or if this has already been raised or not (not enough time to scroll through the hundreds/thousands of posts scattered here in DD), but I'll try this anyhow:

Is there some way to see how many ‘views’ a thread has received? Or is that confidential only to the admin? I know we see the post count, but what about post views?

It would be nice to see if any topics are at least getting read, not just receiving replies, is what I'm thinking.

Thanks in advance.

Ferretshark
Animator/published illustrator
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
Terminal at 7:15PM, Nov. 1, 2006
(online)
There's no difference between what Mods see, and what you see.

In the old version of the forum, it was possible to see how many view a thread got. Ever since DrunkDuck abandoned the old PHPbb system, we have lost that feature. So all that you can see now is just how many replies a thread gets.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:10PM
Ferretshark at 4:52AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
Terminal
There's no difference between what Mods see, and what you see.

In the old version of the forum, it was possible to see how many view a thread got. Ever since DrunkDuck abandoned the old PHPbb system, we have lost that feature. So all that you can see now is just how many replies a thread gets.

I appreciate the feedback and education as to how this forum is operated.

I guess my point was that if a thread has been contributed to, or started by, a member, it would've been nice to at least see if people are reading the post, if not responding to it. It gives the post some validity that it is at least being read.

But hey, if that's how it's done here then I am not going to rant against it. I love this forum and enjoy my membership here regardless.
Ferretshark
skoolmunkee at 6:52AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
It isn't about “how it's done here”… it's more about “Volte wrote a basic forum software from scratch and hasn't had time to add all the goodies to it yet” :) We could put that on the wishlist though, I don't see anything wrong with the idea. (Technically it might be difficult but that ain't my problem.)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Ferretshark at 8:05AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
skoolmunkee
It isn't about “how it's done here”… it's more about “Volte wrote a basic forum software from scratch and hasn't had time to add all the goodies to it yet” :) We could put that on the wishlist though, I don't see anything wrong with the idea. (Technically it might be difficult but that ain't my problem.)
Thank you, kind sir. It would be a nice additive. Sometimes I'd merely like to post news up but have no idea how many are even interested if the page views aren't existing. It would provide a useful gauge of readership.

Ferretshark

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved