Help, Support and Suggestions

Pageviews Seems Awfully High
KDog at 12:28PM, Feb. 24, 2010
(online)
I've noticed, and so has a friend of mine, that the pageviews on our Drunk Duck counters seems to have been increasing by abnormally high levels each day. While we'd like to believe it's because people love our comics, I suspect it has something to do with the work that's been done on the site recently. Is it possible the the pageviews are somehow being inflated?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
4bit FPS at 12:44PM, Feb. 24, 2010
(online)
For example I have an average, or had averaged, 130-150 hits on days new comics were posted and 50-80 on off days (give or take). Suddenly, over the last couple of days I have been getting 500+ hits. I don't want to appear as of I am complaining it just seems very suddenly odd for it to happen. I am not running any ads via project wonderful so that removes that possibility. Also even with the extreme and continual hit count he rating of the comic has stayed the same as it was before (around 130 in comic strips) yet I recently fell into the 140s. This leads me to believe that either the numbers have somehow gotten a skewed or there has been a bloated increase of traffic to the comics of Drunk Duck on a whole. It just seems odd and strange to be happening.
oh god ants everywhere! oh wait, it's just the alphabet…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
skoolmunkee at 2:07PM, Feb. 24, 2010
(online)
Well, the stats count page VIEWS and not individual viewers. So a couple of people who read through your archives could account for what would look like unusually large numbers.

I've checked my own comics and there's been nothing out of the ordinary the last few days. Maybe some other people can weigh in though?
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
ozoneocean at 2:20PM, Feb. 24, 2010
(online)
I've just had a look through the admin system at a number of different comics. All seem like they have normal PVs. Your two comics are the only ones I saw that were up, but the numbers don't seem strange- that seems like a normal increase.
The only odd thing I found was that it didn't show the Uniques you were getting- those stayed on 0. But then the same thing happened with comics like Charby The Vampirate which was getting it's normal amount of hits so that is prolly a bug in that display.

I would suggest trying out an external tracker- DD doesn't work well with Javascript so your external tracker may not be as accurate as it should be, but if you ignore the actual numbers and just watched it over a few weeks it would be useful to track the increases and decreases and see if they follow the same rates as those in the DD tracker.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
4bit FPS at 5:16PM, Feb. 24, 2010
(online)
Thank you guys very much for your answers it gives a sense of accomplishment :-D
oh god ants everywhere! oh wait, it's just the alphabet…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved