Media Megaforum

Perfect Blue
Aurora Moon at 9:45AM, Jan. 21, 2007
(offline)
I finally got around to watching that anime movie which I always meant to watch..

and man, it was totally jacked up! there was so many twists and turns that I didn't even know what to expect..

it totally ruled!

you should totally watch it.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
ccs1989 at 10:04AM, Jan. 21, 2007
(online)
I've been meaning to watch it, considering it's an anime by Satoshi Kon. His psychological stuff is really crazy. “Paranoia Agent” was awesome.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
skoolmunkee at 11:17AM, Jan. 21, 2007
(online)
I watched this movie a couple of years ago, and it is really intense and has some good twists.

Some parts really disturbed me though - people who have seen the movie probably know what parts I'm talking about. I guess though that it's a sign of how well done the movie is that it was able to disturb me. :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Mystic Hand at 11:31AM, Jan. 21, 2007
(online)
Yeah Perfect Blue is utterly awesome. It's rare that endings surprise me anymore, especially in anime, but that one kept me guessing. I put off watching it for a long time because of its age and lackluster (to me) cover art and description but found it totally lives up to the hype.

I'd also recommend Kon's Millennium Actress, which I liked even better because of its creative storytelling technique and more modern look.

For a great atmospheric fantasy/sci-fi/horror experience, track down the Memories anthology and check out his segment (the only good one, really), Magnetic Rose, which I adore.

I have mixed feelings about Paranoid Agent. It was cool at first, but as the series progressed it felt like the writers were arbitrarily making everything up as they went along, and the end was a huge disappointment for me. However, the suicide episode was one of the best episodes of anything ever. The whole series was worth watching just for that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved