MAFIA... and other forum games

Pessimist
deleted-byrequest-03 at 8:19PM, April 17, 2007
(offline)
Here's how you play:

You are given a short story. You must rewrite it in the most gloomiest way possible. Meaning, you may change the context to make it SOUND gloomy, END gloomy, or both. After doing so, write another short story for the next person to change. Nothing longer than one paragraph, please!

Example:

One fine afternoon, Jill was walking down a road when she found a penny on the ground. It was head's up! She decided that this day was going to be a good day.

Changed:

It was a rainy day as Jill was walking down a dirt road. As she was looking down so the rain didn't blind her, she found a penny on the ground. It was head's down. She picked it up, and decided to throw it at her boyfriend's head, indicating that he was a cheap bastard.

—————-

Okay, now that you know how to play, here's the first short story:

Susan loved to watch gymnastics with her husband. She was once a gymnist when she was younger. Watching it reminded her of her glory days. Her husband was always proud of her, and decided to then kiss her on the forehead.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
mechanical_lullaby at 3:28AM, April 19, 2007
(online)
DancingChaos
Okay, now that you know how to play, here's the first short story:

Susan loved to watch gymnastics with her husband. She was once a gymnist when she was younger. Watching it reminded her of her glory days. Her husband was always proud of her, and decided to then kiss her on the forehead.

Susan loathed her husband's extreme fetish and obsession over gymnastics, but she watched without consent. Some repressed years back she had been a gymnist, and watching it spurred the bitter feeling of landing upside down and becoming a quadriplegic. Her husband's severe obsession was soon fulfilled– and he knew she couldn't say no.

So after days of searching for a lost artifact in the lush regions of the land of Frait in his backyard, five-year-old Jimmy Lorenze finally uncovered the shiny toy which he had found and lost days earlier. A friendly dog who had been living in the backyard, or a tiger(as Jimmy presumed), carried him back through the region to his villiage, where there was cake and Spongebob abounding.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 5:38PM, April 19, 2007
(offline)
mechanical_lullaby
So after days of searching for a lost artifact in the lush regions of the land of Frait in his backyard, five-year-old Jimmy Lorenze finally uncovered the shiny toy which he had found and lost days earlier. A friendly dog who had been living in the backyard, or a tiger(as Jimmy presumed), carried him back through the region to his villiage, where there was cake and Spongebob abounding.

Jimmy Lorenze had misplaced a toy a few days earlier, and he felt as if he needed to find it again (since small children have such needs). He had never found it. Although, there was a dog watching him. Jimmy had presumed this ‘tiger’ was friendly, and decided to pet it. As he lunged forward, the dog gave him a nasty set of barks, and some snaps of the jaw. Jimmy sat on the cold ground, away from the dog, where there was never to be cake and Spongebob abounding.

Tyler always stood up to bullies, even if he was afraid. Once, Dan was pushing him for being small in the park. Tyler wasn't scared; he knew he would grow up really big, just like his daddy. He confronted Dan with courage, and shouted, “You may toss me as if I were a salad, and you may crush me like the pea under a fairytale's matress, but I will never listen to the likes of someone who had disapproved of my height. Lend me your ears and stop the violence! There shall be a time when justice will do the same to you!” A nearby poet heard Tyler's words he had so carefully said. The poet told the bully to run along. He bent down to Tyler and said the following words: “Your bravery is indeed a very strong side of your personality. Keep it that way, and you will one day grow taller than everyone else, and flick them aside.” There was much ice cream to be had.

Evil_Snuffkin at 9:41AM, April 20, 2007
(online)
Tyler was a small, timid boy who never stood up for himself. Once, Dan was pushing him for being small in the park. Tyler was terrified; he had never known his father as he had run off with a prostitute and left his drug addicted mother to raise him. This had affected his confidence severly. Yet for once he decided to stand up to Dan, and shouted, “Y-y-you may tickle me like a turnip, a-and you may treat me like Cinderella was by her ugly sisters, but I c-can't help being so pathetically short. Lend me your ears and your heart! Karma is a magical fairy that flutters by us all” A nearby poet heard Tyler's words and was so disgusted by his speech that he threw several bricks at Tyler and crippled the boy. He bent down to Tyler and said the following words: “You are the most pathetic and ugly boy I have ever had the horror of coming across. People like you deserve to be locked away in the shadows so that decent people like me don't have to look at or hear you.” He shoved an ice cream into the boy's face and left him to die.

Maxix lived in a world where the sun had lost its shine. Winter seemed to last forever and food was beginning to run low in his village. One day an albino dragon flew down from the sky to his village and ruffled its soft white feathers. “I am the Dragon of the Moon.” It said. “And I have come seeking one who can make the sun burn again.”

All the villagers were afraid but Maxix wasn't. He walked right up to the dragon and shouted up to him “What do you need me to do?

The dragon smirked to reveal rows of sharp teeth larger than Maxix himself. He sent a plume of scorching blue fire into the sky. Maxix didn’t even flinch and the dragon was impressed. It crouched down. ”Come, climb on my back. I will take where you can be of use.“

As soon as the boy had a firm grip to his back they launched off and sped through the air. ”Whahoooooooooo!!!“ Maxix yelled with glee as they dipped down valleys and cut through clouds. They grew closer and closer to the sun but he remained unafraid. Finally they landed on an ivory disc right in front of the burning orb and he jumped off the Moon Dragon and ran over to the smaller golden one.

”Greetings.“ It said. ”I am the Dragon of the Sun, will you help us?“

Maxix nodded. ”What can I do?“

The two dragons led him over to a giant lens that lay flat on the ground. Moon Dragon pointed to a cord that lay beside it. ”It has loosened and we cannot tie it back for we lack hands."

Without a second thought Maxix tied the cord tightly through the hoop in the lens and Moon Dragon carried him down to the lower world as Sun Dragon heaved it back to its proper position. As the light and warmth returned it was not long before the world was back to its beautiful self and Maxix was revered as a hero for all eternity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
mechanical_lullaby at 1:48PM, April 20, 2007
(online)
Evil_Snuffkin
Maxix lived in a world where the sun had lost its shine. Winter seemed to last forever and food was beginning to run low in his village. One day an albino dragon flew down from the sky to his village and ruffled its soft white feathers. “I am the Dragon of the Moon.” It said. “And I have come seeking one who can make the sun burn again.”

All the villagers were afraid but Maxix wasn't. He walked right up to the dragon and shouted up to him “What do you need me to do?

The dragon smirked to reveal rows of sharp teeth larger than Maxix himself. He sent a plume of scorching blue fire into the sky. Maxix didnâ??t even flinch and the dragon was impressed. It crouched down. ”Come, climb on my back. I will take where you can be of use.“

As soon as the boy had a firm grip to his back they launched off and sped through the air. ”Whahoooooooooo!!!“ Maxix yelled with glee as they dipped down valleys and cut through clouds. They grew closer and closer to the sun but he remained unafraid. Finally they landed on an ivory disc right in front of the burning orb and he jumped off the Moon Dragon and ran over to the smaller golden one.

”Greetings.“ It said. ”I am the Dragon of the Sun, will you help us?“

Maxix nodded. ”What can I do?“

The two dragons led him over to a giant lens that lay flat on the ground. Moon Dragon pointed to a cord that lay beside it. ”It has loosened and we cannot tie it back for we lack hands."

Without a second thought Maxix tied the cord tightly through the hoop in the lens and Moon Dragon carried him down to the lower world as Sun Dragon heaved it back to its proper position. As the light and warmth returned it was not long before the world was back to its beautiful self and Maxix was revered as a hero for all eternity.

Maxix lived in a sunshine world, where it was warm every day and everything was as bright and peachy as it was beautiful and pleasant, where villages were provided plenty stores of food and harvest and there were all sorts of delightful dragons romping about. There was an albino dragon who confronted Maxix one day, explaining “I am the dragon of the moon. The earth, though you don't know it, is in turmoil. This pleasant and warm weather is an effect of global warming. I figure if we destroy the sun, the earth won't be continually hot anymore.” Maxix seemed to be the only one who wouldn't be afraid of this dragon. The dragon of the moon mauled his face, sending Maxix shrieking and screaming and projecting blood all over the ground. The dragon was impressed that his head was still attached and took him, still screaming, to the dragon of the sun. They placed Maxix onto a platform and he was launched directly into the sun. Not only did this defy enough physics to make Maxix cease to exist, but it ripped a hole through dimensions, killing the sun and its dragon and sending the earth into icy chaos… eight minutes later.

Laurie Baker was a curious old woman who lived on fifth street and had the most delightful day she had ever had. People had been very friendly all morning, and she attended a very nice orchestra concert in the afternoon after her daughter made her some late breakfast and took her shopping with her. Her evening consisted of a pleasant nap brewing with dreams and she awoke to find that she was given a surprise 87th birthday party. Her friends and she stayed up all night watching television and playing poker and making fun of the trends of the youth. After they had left, she returned to her sleep.

deleted-byrequest-03 at 7:35PM, April 20, 2007
(offline)
mechanical_lullaby
Laurie Baker was a curious old woman who lived on fifth street and had the most delightful day she had ever had. People had been very friendly all morning, and she attended a very nice orchestra concert in the afternoon after her daughter made her some late breakfast and took her shopping with her. Her evening consisted of a pleasant nap brewing with dreams and she awoke to find that she was given a surprise 87th birthday party. Her friends and she stayed up all night watching television and playing poker and making fun of the trends of the youth. After they had left, she returned to her sleep.

Laurie Baker was a nasty old woman who whored herself out on fifth street, and had the most pitiful day she ever had. People stared her down all morning, and she attended a rock and roll concert that sold crack like hot dogs. Although, before that, one of her 27 daughters tried to kill her for ‘putting her in this world’. Her evening consisted of nightmares and she awoke to gun shots and heart attacks. She stayed up all night in fear. After the gun shots were gone, she returned to her sleep.

Cindy was in her 4th period class when she saw her best friend, Anthony, looking rather sad. Being a very optomistic, kind person, she decided to help Anthony by making him laugh. She made silly faces, and told the corniest jokes. Anthony soon began to laugh. That day, Cindy was proud for making someone smile.

Evil_Snuffkin at 5:21PM, April 21, 2007
(online)
Cindy was in her 4th period class when she saw her best friend, Anthony, looking rather sad. Being a very optomistic, kind person, she decided to help Anthony by making him laugh. She made silly faces, and told the corniest jokes. Anthony didn't laugh and neither did the rest of the class. Then they all started pelting her with rubber shavings and hounded her from the school. As she ran across the road she was run over by a moped and died on the way to hospital. Even to this day people still laugh about her death.

A little cricket was trapped in a jar and a passing boy named Simon caught sight of him. He sat down next to him and peered inside with his round blue eyes. “Oh dear.” He said as he picked it up. “How ever did you come to be in this glass jar?”

The little green cricket explained how he had been happily leaping back to his family when suddenly the wind blew him off course and he ended up inside the jar unable to get out. Simon listened avidly. He explained that if the human let him out he would reward him at some point in the future.

Simon shook his head. “I'll let you out any way; you don't have to do anything for me.” He tipped over the jar and the little cricket gleefully hopped away. A smile spread across Simon's face and he was filled with a sense of worth.

The next day as the sun went down and Simon was sitting by his bedroom window he heard a curious sound. He lifted the latch and pushed the window open. From the garden the insects of the night sang in beautiful harmony. It was the little cricket's way of saying thank you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 8:03AM, April 22, 2007
(offline)
Evil_Snuffkin
A little cricket was trapped in a jar and a passing boy named Simon caught sight of him. He sat down next to him and peered inside with his round blue eyes. “Oh dear.” He said as he picked it up. “How ever did you come to be in this glass jar?”

The little green cricket explained how he had been happily leaping back to his family when suddenly the wind blew him off course and he ended up inside the jar unable to get out. Simon listened avidly. He explained that if the human let him out he would reward him at some point in the future.

Simon shook his head. “I'll let you out any way; you don't have to do anything for me.” He tipped over the jar and the little cricket gleefully hopped away. A smile spread across Simon's face and he was filled with a sense of worth.

The next day as the sun went down and Simon was sitting by his bedroom window he heard a curious sound. He lifted the latch and pushed the window open. From the garden the insects of the night sang in beautiful harmony. It was the little cricket's way of saying thank you.

The cricket explained that he cheated on his wife with about 10 other different crickets. And species.

Simon shook his head. “You're an asshole.”

He walked away.

Jaimie was a happy girl. This is because her report card had all A's. Her best friend, Margret had all A's and one B. She was very competitive, and didn't like the fact that Jaimie was doing better than her. She decided to try much harder second marking period. She succeeded with all A+'s! This goes to show that when you try, you will always to most likely succeed.

mechanical_lullaby at 11:09AM, April 22, 2007
(online)
DancingChaos
Jaimie was a happy girl. This is because her report card had all A's. Her best friend, Margret had all A's and one B. She was very competitive, and didn't like the fact that Jaimie was doing better than her. She decided to try much harder second marking period. She succeeded with all A+'s! This goes to show that when you try, you will always to most likely succeed.

Jaimie was a happy girl. This was because her report card had all A's. Her best friend, Margret, had all A's and one B. She was very competitive and didn't like the fact that Jaimie was doing better than her. She decided to work much harder at her chores and in a few weeks she had summed up enough money to hire a teenager to club Jaimie in the kneecaps. Jaimie was in the hospital too much to keep up with her school work and Margret failed out of ninth grade six years later and became a crack whore.

A long time ago, there was a young woman who dropped a ring in a shimmering pond. She sat crying for hours over the ring because it was an engagement ring from a nobleman who she was deeply in love with. A fish bubbled up to the surface and said, “young lady, why do you cry?” She explained her predicament, and how the nobleman might be heart-broken if he found she had been so careless with the ring. “I found a piece of gold like you described,” continued the fish, “I attached it to my tail. I thought it was lovely at first, but it gets caught on the plants and I am unable to swim when it does. Please take it back.” The young woman carefully freed the ring from its tail and put it back on her finger, smiling again. At this, the fish swam unhindered back to its home.

deleted-byrequest-03 at 6:32PM, April 22, 2007
(offline)
mechanical_lullaby
A long time ago, there was a young woman who dropped a ring in a shimmering pond. She sat crying for hours over the ring because it was an engagement ring from a nobleman who she was deeply in love with. A fish bubbled up to the surface and said, “young lady, why do you cry?” She explained her predicament, and how the nobleman might be heart-broken if he found she had been so careless with the ring. “I found a piece of gold like you described,” continued the fish, “I attached it to my tail. I thought it was lovely at first, but it gets caught on the plants and I am unable to swim when it does. Please take it back.” The young woman carefully freed the ring from its tail and put it back on her finger, smiling again. At this, the fish swam unhindered back to its home.

A long time ago, there was a young woman who dropped a ring in a shimmering pond. She sat crying for hours over the ring because it was an engagement ring from a nobleman who she was deeply in love with. A fish bubbled up to the surface and said, “young lady, why do you cry?” She explained her predicament, and how the nobleman might be heart-broken if he found she had been so careless with the ring. “I found a piece of gold like you described,” continued the fish, “I attached it to my tail. I thought it was lovely at first, but it gets caught on the plants and I am unable to swim when it does. Well, it doesn't really matter, since you're so careless. I'll keep it for myself while your boyfriend gets mad at you.” The young woman watched the fish swim away. She sobbed. Soon, the fish came back, and called her a whore.

There was once a prince that would always dream. He would always daydream about flying. He had never been happy. Even if he had slaves that could get him what he wanted, they wouldn't ever be able to give him wings. It was springtime as he sat in his throne one day. An old wizard slowly walked towards him. The prince looked up at the man. “What is it that you need?” The wizard smiled. “Or, would the question be, is there something YOU need?” The prince was confused. The old man laughed. “I know exactly what you want. You dream of many things. Fortunately, I may help you with that. Although, there is a certain price in your happiness.” The prince caught interest. “What do I need to do?” The wizard lowered his head. “My life is nearing an end… And I love a beautiful woman. I certainly wish to tell her this, but even magic cannot break fear. What ever shall I do?” The prince stood. “If you want, I can send a messanger to bring her a letter.” The old man smiled once again. “If that is the way it should be, so be it.” So, the prince did as he said he would; he sent his royal messanger, and the messanger told the woman about the wizard's love. The woman was pleased to know about this. She told him that she loved him too. Filled with glee, He did his share, and gave the prince wings. Whenever you see a red cardinal in the air, it is the prince, flying happily into the warm breeze.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon