Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Pets?
Pixie at 2:25PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
So, guys, you got any pets? :)

I do. I have a grey cockatiel hen called Holly! She was a rescue bird found in her cage in the garage of my sister-in-law's new house. She was abandoned and terrified, poor thing. So we took her in, about six months ago, and she's been with us ever since! She's learned to trust us and now she's a happy and healthy bird, always flying around our apartment and chirping, and getting into things she shouldn't. She loves to be on our shoulders, and one of her favourite things to do is to peck my earrings. SHINY! XD

Holly's the first bird I've ever owned, and I gotta say - birds are awesome. We intended to get a cat, but then Holly came along, and… oh well. No cats for us!

Here she is messing with the computer:

“So, what is this thing you are messing with…? Can I play also?”

“It must be back here…”

“I claim this screen in the name of Spain!”

So, what kind of pets do you own? Cats, dogs…? Does anyone have anything unusual they want to show off, like snakes or lizards…? Share your photos here! :D
Alaka-bwee-oop! Old school.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
imshard at 2:31PM, May 21, 2008
(offline)
I've had several cats, 3 dogs, ducks, geese, and a few snakes. No pets currently.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
kiandranishan at 4:01PM, May 21, 2008
(offline)
Right now I have 2 kitties

A 12 year old male tux kitty named Ebenezer aka Ebbie aka Ebbiekins aka Mr. Man

And a 1 year old female tabby named Chihiro aka Chi aka Chi-chan aka demon kitty

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
SWexY at 5:21PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
I have 5 dogs and 2 cats

This is a picture of my Rottwiler Bubba

This is my siamese cat Dj he doesnt like anyone except for me to hold him. But he is a very loving cat even though he doesnt like other people toughing him.

This is my crazy dog Rebel. He loves to press his noes up against the glass door.

This is my two kitties cougar and Dj cougar is the white one. Cougar was a stray too. He had alot of illness like a respritory infection and alot of other things with really long names. But he is the most sweetest cat you can ever have

This is my dog Rocky. We found him on the side of the rode in Mississippi. He had the mange and ticks and fleas. He didnt have that much hair so no one wanted him. And we decided to keep him because I loved him even though he didnt look that good. One day his ears began to stand up and his hair started coming back then everyone wanted him but we loved him too much. Now look at him he's a pretty and sweet dog.

These are my 2 shitzus Gage (left) Harley(right)

HEE I LIKE SUGAR X3

YAYYY 4 SUGAR!
MY COMIC
http://www.drunkduck.com/Elemental_Guardians
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
cartoonprofessor at 6:01PM, May 21, 2008
(offline)
Wow, 5 dogs. They must be pretty well-balanced and self-secure having so many members of their pack. I don't like seeing people with only one dog… they are a pack animal after all.

Presently we have two dogs (it was four but we had to put down two a few years ago because of disease and whatnot). Congo is a bull-mastiff cross Staffy and is one of the best dogs I've ever known (aside from his dislike of strange dogs and cats). Piranah is an aptly named, extremely self-assured chihuahua.

Birds are great. We have had for brief periods, a crow, a tawny frogmouth (sort of like an owl) and a very rare long-legged grass owl (all of which we let go again after they got healthy). We did have a Brazilian Monk parrot once… his name was Funnylittleblueguy and he talked our ears off.

His favourite pastime was listening into conversations on the street (he was always on one of our shoulders and had free roam of the house night and day) and commenting.
He liked to laugh. Which of course would make any stranger laugh too, at which he would stop abruptly and say, “What are you laughing at?”

Constant entertainment is a talking parrot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
usedbooks at 6:09PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
I co-own a cat with my two roommates. (We adopted him from the pound about two years ago.) He is three years old, and his name is Thomas – the name his previous owners gave him.

I also own 25 rats. Here are pictures of some of them. – My females didn't want to cooperate, so I only got a couple pictures of them.

All my males

Chiba and Takagi

Jin and Mugen

Watson, Mycroft, and Sherlock

Washu

Xhosa, Kazuha, Fuu, and Eri. (Eri lost an eye last week. o_o I don't know how she did it, but she's already healed up and acting completely normal.)

This is my cat from childhood. Her name is April. She is 14 years old and lives with my parents. (Click to watch video.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
SWexY at 6:11PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
Thats awesomeness that you helped those birds X3 if my mom would let me i would take in every animal i found on the side of the rd or where ever then i would have an acre full of animals to find homes for them….. But at least i get to help animals a little bit by working at the zoo XD
HEE I LIKE SUGAR X3

YAYYY 4 SUGAR!
MY COMIC
RentAThug at 8:18PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
I have two dogs, both of which are pugs. Puggles is five years old and Trouble is ten weeks.

Crime Pays, updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
Pixie at 9:51PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
cartoonprofessor
Birds are great. We have had for brief periods, a crow, a tawny frogmouth (sort of like an owl) and a very rare long-legged grass owl (all of which we let go again after they got healthy). We did have a Brazilian Monk parrot once… his name was Funnylittleblueguy and he talked our ears off.

His favourite pastime was listening into conversations on the street (he was always on one of our shoulders and had free roam of the house night and day) and commenting.
He liked to laugh. Which of course would make any stranger laugh too, at which he would stop abruptly and say, “What are you laughing at?”

Constant entertainment is a talking parrot.

Yeah, birds are great fun! Tiels are usually pretty good mimicks, too, though our current one hasn't chosen to copy anything I tell her (even if I do it over and over and over again!) except one type of whistle. Which she does VERY badly, and only when we're not in the room and she can't see us.

Oh well. XD

My husband used to own another tiel, a male. Males tend to be better at talking than females, for some reason - more aggressive or something. He could say all kinds of things, including telling people “I'm hungry!” when he wanted fed, “Let me out!” when he wanted out, and “How was your day?” when people got in from a long absence (but not a short one! He knew the difference!).

And a friend of mine has a tiel that can say a bunch of things! Including the typical “I'm a pretty bird” and “I'm a good bird!”. Which means he sometimes also says, “I'm a pretty good bird! Hahahahahaha!” (he does the laughter, too). Silly bird! :) His owners were also recently talking about him and his cagemate (a female tiel) and about how it was spring and therefore they were both acting horny, to which he immediately yelled, “both horny! both horny!” XD

Ideally, I would really like a conure. I hear they're excellent mimicks, and very friendly birds too. But very noisy. Like, never shut up noisy. :3
lba at 10:03PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
My menagerie is a lot smaller than it used to be. Right now I just have two tabbies, a bunch of fish and my German wire-hair pointer, who likes to do more hunting herself than pointing.

I used to have 3 cats and a dwarf boxing rabbit, but the Mincoon Siamese mix one died from an infection and the rabbit died of old age at 10 and a half. He was the one I was most sad to see go. That little rabbit used to kick the living crap out of just about anything, including our neighbors German Shepard.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Arashi_san at 1:21AM, May 22, 2008
(offline)
@ Usedbooks: Awwwwww!!! Rats! I used to have five rats and my first was possibly the best pet I've ever had. It was like a puppy and would actually come running to us when we called it. We let him run all over are apartment as if he was a puppy. He was such an excellent pet. I would sleep with him in my bunkbed, on the top bunk, and he would be able to slide down the pole, head-first, when he wanted to get down. Sometimes, he would curl up to us when we were sleeping.

I miss him… :(

Now, my menagerie of beasts includes two dogs, four cats, a three-foot-long iguana, and a sandslash.
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:00AM
Lonnehart at 1:51AM, May 22, 2008
(online)
All I have is a red slider turtle. And he's a really fussy eater; won't eat anything else except fake crab meat and the turtle food that the local Kmart sells. I pour that turtle food into his tank and he's on it like butter on bread!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Pineapple at 4:30AM, May 22, 2008
(online)
I've always wanted a rat. I don't know why so many people dislike them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
crocty at 6:21AM, May 22, 2008
(offline)
Well lessee…
I have an orange dog, a cockatael, a bunch of tropical fish, three bunnies (one of which we found, not bought. :O) and a leopard gecko -

Robbie's more mine than all the other animals. I love my lil' gecko! ^_^
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
seventy2 at 7:01AM, May 22, 2008
(online)

my pretty pretty puppy kilala

my wifes sheltie collie cocker spaniel mix…

it chased a squirrel up the tree
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
kyupol at 7:39AM, May 22, 2008
(online)
Thats a nice name for a dog. “Kilala”. It means “To recognize”.

I hope your dog continues to recognize you. lol…

———

Anyway, I have a pet reptile. It would probably outlive me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
worstcase at 7:46AM, May 22, 2008
(online)
I've got 2 dogs, one is named Cookie and the other Woody.

Then we have a white cat named…snowball.

Such original names!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
seventy2 at 7:50AM, May 22, 2008
(online)
my wife named her cause she really enjoys inuyasha. she wouldnt listen to me that kilala in that show is a cat.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
fazz33 at 8:27AM, May 22, 2008
(offline)
I use to have pets, mostly fish though lol they were nice to watch and thats about it. Recently though my goldfish died it was actaully kind of sad because I bought it from a store selling them as feeder fish and I kept it for the past 2 years. Oh well I'm happy the fish had a chance to live rather than be eaten.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Pixie at 9:27AM, May 22, 2008
(online)
Lonnehart
All I have is a red slider turtle. And he's a really fussy eater; won't eat anything else except fake crab meat and the turtle food that the local Kmart sells. I pour that turtle food into his tank and he's on it like butter on bread!

I wanna see this turtle! Post a photo! :) I hear they're quite common pets in the USA (and I've seen wild ones swimming about in ponds and things), but in the UK they're almost unheard of. So a total novelty for me! XD
Druchii at 9:33AM, May 22, 2008
(online)
4 Dogs, a cat and a ferret.

But at one point, 5 dogs, a cat and 10 ferrets. Many fond memories. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Whirlwynd at 1:21PM, May 22, 2008
(online)
I have one budgie named Pippen. My brother and I each got one when I was a kid, and he was my brother's bird, but since I was the only one who took care of the birds Pippen came to me by default.

He'll be 13 years in June. He's the most energetic and acrobatic bird we've ever had, still is at his old age.

An earlier picture of him -

You can see my bird Sora in the background, at least his tail. Sora lived a pretty long time too, he died at age ten. I hope 13 isn't a bad number for Pippen =(

Oh, I found a better picture -

I'll be getting another budgie soon, so maybe I'll get some more pictures.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
ttyler at 5:38PM, May 22, 2008
(online)
A siamese. She has a different name, based on what shes doing…..Like right now, she is..“get down from there.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
SWexY at 5:51PM, May 22, 2008
(online)
Druchii
4 Dogs, a cat and a ferret.

But at one point, 5 dogs, a cat and 10 ferrets. Many fond memories. :)

i love ferrets i used to have 2 but Jasmine died and Noel was very lonely so we gave her a better home with a family that had like 30 ferrets so she wouldnt be so lonely. I miss them soooo much they were my babies
HEE I LIKE SUGAR X3

YAYYY 4 SUGAR!
MY COMIC
deleted-byrequest-03 at 3:35PM, May 23, 2008
(offline)
I have two wild cats named Nabi and Shadow. Sorry, no pictures.

Nabi is white and has big grey spots. She has a little grey spot in the middle of her nose and it's really cute. Her daughter is Shadow. She screams (not meows) when she wants food. The clawing at the door is annoying, too.

They're both really cute and I love them.

Nabi had another kitten named Takkun, but he got hit by a car two years ago. I still cry about it every now and then. I really miss him…

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Lonnehart at 4:02PM, May 23, 2008
(online)
Pixie
Lonnehart

I wanna see this turtle! Post a photo! :) I hear they're quite common pets in the USA (and I've seen wild ones swimming about in ponds and things), but in the UK they're almost unheard of. So a total novelty for me! XD

I'll try to borrow a digital camera so I can take a pic of him next time I clean his tank. You probably won't see his head out much when he's not in his tank, though; he tends to “stay in his shell” when out of the tank.

And then there's that Italian plumber I have to watch out for; he likes stepping/stomping on turtles. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
HippieVan at 8:23PM, May 23, 2008
(online)
I have a German Shephard cross who I love more than anyone, and I'm hoping to get an octopus for my birthday(I'm going to name it Ringo!).
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
kyupol at 8:45PM, May 24, 2008
(online)

OOOOOOOHH!!!!!!!!!!

THE FAT CAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Peipei at 1:28PM, May 26, 2008
(offline)
My kitty :3 Lilith:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Arashi_san at 8:17PM, May 26, 2008
(offline)
seventy2

my pretty pretty puppy kilala

my wifes sheltie collie cocker spaniel mix…

it chased a squirrel up the tree
Seventy2, your dogs are beautiful! <3<3
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:00AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon