Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Pleased to Meet You.
Mondenkind at 11:17AM, July 14, 2010
(offline)
Hallo gibt. I'm so happy to finally jump on Drunk Duck! It has everything I like in a website! Es ist höchst erstaunlich. I decided to just post my profile because that makes life easier for me, no?…^^

My name is Katie, I'm 18 years old, and I have been drawing manga since I was 11. Though…for some reason…I'm nowhere near the level of drawing awesomeness that I'd like to be. In my opinion, my drawings are terrible! But despite my (many!) drawing flaws, I still love art and making art, just for the fun of it. Besides, if I keep practicing….I may get good at it someday, right?

I'm not German, and I don't really speak German, but I have long held a fascination for the old Nazi culture and this is what motivates me to always run to a translator and PRETEND I know how to speak German. :\ One of these days I'm gonna buy a program and learn it for real.

I am more of a writer than an artist…while I have difficulty spelling, my drawing skills still pale in comparison to my writing. I have been writing fiction as long as I have been drawing manga, so I've had awhile to devolp it!

Likes: My boyfriend, manga in general, noir/dark comics books and manga/anime, anime in general, steampunk, neo, many other unusual genres, nice, caring people, funny movies and people, the German language, Nazi culture (NO I am NOT a Nazi nor do I condone their beliefs, it is simply a fascination I have), writing, drawing, Kingdom Hearts, video games, board games, cold, rainy, stormy days and nights, Silent Hill, riding rides at carnivals and such, the sight of blood and gore, world peace, utopia, rainbows, unicorns, letting my mind wander, coming up with ways I could take over the world, the name Mondenkind, The Neverending Story, good ol' fashioned IMAGINATION, going to the park at midnight and swinging on the swings there, coming up with personas for myself, more blood and more gore, hentai, the internet, girls with glasses! Girls with glasses forever! (since I wear glasses and all)

Favorite Manga: Clover by CLAMP

Favorite Anime: Elfen Lied by…um…Geneon? >.< I forgot.

Favorie Game: Second Life, Kingdom Hearts, using your imagination to come up with YOUR OWN games.

Favorite Book: The Neverending Story

Current Comic Project: I am working on a noir manga called Atreju, which will be up as soon as I finish the first chapter. It will not be in the normal manga style because I will be using non-tone gray shading, abstract backgrounds, an ususual font, and a brush pen for my inking.

Updates? When I can. Because I do not have my own internet, and won\'t until I land a job, the only chance I have to get on the internet is when I can find a place that has wi-fi, when my parents let me get on theirs, or at school/at a hotel/at a friends with internet. This is why I always carry my Lexar with me, in case I get a chance to hope online.

Things I Don't Like: Abortion, animal cruelty, jerks, jocks, idiots who are just being idiots and aren't funny, people who think they're all that, sloths and people who don't take care of themselves, hot, sunny, cloudless days (I need my dark and rain, please!), happy go lucky attitudes (while I do like happy, friendly people, I prefer it when people can see the trees for the forest and see what's going on right in front of them…that is, no sugar coating life), people who are confined to a certain lifestyle and refuse to budge and try new things, people who won't use their imagination and always stick with the computer and video games to remedy their life, bugs, enclosed spaces, being crowded, evil without reason, kindness without reason.
Run along with Captian Jack!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Product Placement at 1:08PM, July 16, 2010
(online)
I know a little German.

He's sitting right over there:

My goodness. I've picked up enough info about you to become your stalker.

Since you like Nazis and Dark comics, let me recommend to you “The Life Eaters”. It's a comic about how the Nazis used the death camps to summon the Nordic Gods to help them with their conquests.

Anyways, don't be shy around the forum. We don't bite.

Welcome to the duck.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Mondenkind at 4:38PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Thanks for the warm welcome! I got rid of my big banner…I thought I might as well not until I have a comic going anyway! ^^ And I'll try to hop in when I can

—-> I just now found The Life Eaters, and it looks very interesting. I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy! :D
solaris knight at 6:26AM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Merry Christmas.

…Er, sorry. I meant “Welcome to Drunkduck!” Enjoy your stay, good luck with art and your comic.

Not sure if this is translated right, but “Viel Glück zu Ihnen”.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
Mondenkind at 1:42PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
Why thank you! :3

Mettaur at 12:52PM, July 20, 2010
(offline)
Welcome to Mettaur, my name is insanity! Wait, did I mix up words?…nah! Anyways, welcome to the madness that is drunkduck, enjoy your stay in this land of wackiness and caring. While on other sites they may smack their Jeeve's, here we have drinks with ours! Also, seen Inglorious Bastards? Slow in some parts, but a interesting take. So, welcome!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Mondenkind at 8:15PM, July 20, 2010
(offline)
Thanks for the welcome! And the comparison between Smack Jeeves and DD you just made was epic. :3
Product Placement at 9:05PM, July 20, 2010
(online)
Heh. Yeah, I'll give you that mett. That may have been one of the most cleverest things you've ever said around here.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon