Debate and Discussion

Political Cartoons.
mapaghimagsik at 9:06PM, June 11, 2008
(offline)
Those aren't political cartoons though. They're propaganda, which is an element of political cartoons, but where's your graphic art?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
arteestx at 11:37PM, June 11, 2008
(online)
kyupol

Have you seen this list? Have you seen their qualifications? The list of experts includes mechanical engineers, computer scientists, plant science, biochemistry…. It's makes as much sense as reading a petition about stem cell research from meteorologists. All anyone has to do is have ANY degree in ANY science-related field, and voila, you're a climate expert? Seriously, I was amazed at just how small the number of atmospheric scientists and climatologists was. And considering that your PhD could be in ANY field, I'm amazed that they could only scrape together 9,000 (and that's generously assuming the list is accurate, which I'm also skeptical about). I found someone who randomly looked up some of the “qualified” people on this list….

* W. Kline Bolton, M.D. is a professor of medicine and Nephrology Division Chief at the University of Virginia. Nephrology deals with the study of the function and diseases of the kidney.
* Zhonggang Zeng is one of the 9,000 with a PhD. He is a professor of mathematics at Northeastern Illinois University. His most recent publication is entitled “Computing multiple roots of inexact polynomials.”
* Hub Hougland is a dentist in Muncie, Indiana. He was inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame last year.

These are the climate experts on this petition? A dentist in Indiana? That makes as much sense as getting your science information from some nutball baptist minister.

Edit: sorry about the science response in a “political cartoon” topic. But I hate seeing misinformation spread around without anyone standing up to it. If someone wants to continue this conversation, let's move it to another science-related strand. Thanks.

Xolta is not intended for anyone under 18 years old.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
RabbitMaster at 5:17AM, June 12, 2008
(online)
Kyupol, I suspect that you would be a very interesting person to sit down and have some coffee with.
I had a friend who believed pretty much every conspiracy theroy and NWO alignment that he came across, even those that contradicted each other. The end result is that he was forced to believe everything and not trust anyhting all at the same time. Unfortunately, whatever truth there may be in those concepts, there is a vast ocean of red herrings, propaganda, and misinformation (both accidental and purposeful) regarding any of these topics. The idea that lie can get halfway around the world before the truth puts on it's pants has never been more true than it is today.
Definitely interesting stuff, but I don't know how much it has to do with this thread.

“Perhaps you would care to try your villany on a less defenseless opponent?”–Kung Fu Rabbit
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
kyupol at 7:56AM, June 12, 2008
(offline)
All this global warming scam has to do with ADDING MORE TAXES on the people in order to fight climate change.

But… if governments are really serious about fighting climate change, why do they suppress alternative technologies that can affect the status quo and the profit structure of the big corporations?

I know you mean well. You wanna save the environment. I agree with you on that. I wanna save the planet too but the method should be ALTERNATIVE TECHNOLOGIES instead of putting more taxes on the people. Because those taxes would affect the poor the most.

Those Bilderbergers are hypocrites when they talk crap about saving the environment. They dont care about you. To them you are just an object. They hold secret meetings and drive around in the big black SUVs. Think about that. Instead of trying to nitpick on the qualifications of the scientists and everyone else who say that man-made global warming is a hoax… and say things that are contrary to what Al Gore says.

The point is, people who have achieved high levels of education are less gullible than the uneducated.

So the stereotype of people believing in conspiracies being a bunch of paranoid nutters wearing tinfoil hats is already debunked.

As far as the field of conspiracies is concerned, YES there is alot of disinfo and contradicting information. The point is not to believe everything and keep an open mind. And use your intuition and critical thinking.

For example, I don't believe this whole “cartoon planes hit the WTC” and this whole “WTC was taken down using scalar weapons”.

Just look around you.
- There are so many jobs being outsourced… as a result, people lose their jobs for the sake of corporate interests who are focused on CHEAP SLAVE LABOR.

- The price of gas. Why did it go up so fast? If it was about natural causes, shouldnt it have gone up slowly? If it goes up so fast, there must be manipulation going on.

- Why did WTC building 7 fall when nothing really hit it? Why is the hole on the pentagon suspicious? Why no plane debris? Why were the military doing exercises at the same time the attacks happened?

- Why is the Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly Virginia NOT COVERED by mainstream media? If 124 celebrities got together in a hotel, the media would be all over them. But if 124 of the world's elite get together, why is there a total blackout? Isn't evil done in secret? Think about that.

- Why are police state legislations like Bill C-51 kept in secret or spun around in the mainstream media as something good?

- Why is there no open debate about the NORTH AMERICAN UNION in the mainstream media? That is a big issue that will affect everyone in North America. Shouldnt that issue be blown up all over the media with people openly debating on it whether its good or bad?

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Hawk at 11:45AM, June 12, 2008
(online)
Guys, global warming is a completely valid topic of discussion, but let's bring it back to political cartoons in this thread. You may want to consider bringing back the global warming thread to continue this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
mapaghimagsik at 12:09PM, June 12, 2008
(offline)
I agree. I'm not sure that pasting every slogan one can find makes for “political comics” either.

However, it would be a cool topic, to look at various comics and see what makes them effective or ineffective comics.

So maybe global warming and conspiracies should be different threads.

I just read upthread. So we went from global warming to WTC building 7. I can't think how much that totally rocks. Again, its like reading timecube.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
RabbitMaster at 2:59PM, June 12, 2008
(online)
kyupol
Just look around you.
- There are so many jobs being outsourced… as a result, people lose their jobs for the sake of corporate interests who are focused on CHEAP SLAVE LABOR.

- The price of gas. Why did it go up so fast? If it was about natural causes, shouldnt it have gone up slowly? If it goes up so fast, there must be manipulation going on.

- Why did WTC building 7 fall when nothing really hit it? Why is the hole on the pentagon suspicious? Why no plane debris? Why were the military doing exercises at the same time the attacks happened?

- Why is the Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly Virginia NOT COVERED by mainstream media? If 124 celebrities got together in a hotel, the media would be all over them. But if 124 of the world's elite get together, why is there a total blackout? Isn't evil done in secret? Think about that.

- Why are police state legislations like Bill C-51 kept in secret or spun around in the mainstream media as something good?

- Why is there no open debate about the NORTH AMERICAN UNION in the mainstream media? That is a big issue that will affect everyone in North America. Shouldnt that issue be blown up all over the media with people openly debating on it whether its good or bad?

I don't even know where to start…back to cartoons

“Perhaps you would care to try your villany on a less defenseless opponent?”–Kung Fu Rabbit
Ronson at 8:33AM, June 15, 2008
(online)
mapaghimagsik
But if you want to see really what this new world order thing is, well, you can get a very complete picture here.

I read about five paragraphs and now have a killer headache. What the heck?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
kyupol at 9:50PM, June 18, 2008
(offline)
this gave me the lulz lol!

NOW UPDATING!!!
bobhhh at 10:28PM, June 19, 2008
(offline)
kyupol

I used to work in the WTC at the commodities exchange. A lot of my friends died there that morning. I am so tired of nut jobs trying to put forth a lot of bullshit conspiracy nonsense.

click here

Don't forget at least three subway tubes and a two story mall were buried underneath the twin towers, not to mention several subterranean layers of parking,

Please out of respect, go radio your aliens about a different subject.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:30AM
ozoneocean at 5:09AM, June 20, 2008
(online)
The ideas about the WTC thing aren't without precedent, in fact and not fantasy, (WTC ones: fantasy).

American colonial rebels dressing as Indians and attacking the tea clippers in Boston… Germans dressed as Polish soldiers attacking their own posts and filming it, making propaganda material to encourage the German people's that an attack on Poland was justified (or did they do that to the Czechs? I can never remember). …There are other examples, but those ones readily come to mind.And they're real.

But the WTC comes under a different category: When a U.S. battleship accidentally exploded in Cuba, America blamed it on Cuba and used it as an excuse to invade and conquer them. ->investigations of the wreck found that it was indeed an accident that occurred on the ship itself.
In the case of the WTC, the actions of a relatively small terrorist group (Very bad actions), were used as justification to invade and attack two countries; one with no connection at all to the events and an other who's only connection is that the terrorists hid in their mountains, which they still continue to do even now funnily enough.
lol!

————–
Political cartoons.

I enjoy them, but you have to understand that they're very simple takes on amazingly complex issues. They sum them up in a certain way, and send them up as well often. Sometimes very, very badly, sometimes they do a good job… They make you think, but they won't lend you any clever insight into the issue they satirise or seek to draw attention to unless the artist is actually a very clever and knowledgeable person (as well as skilled at cartoon making). So most political cartoons are rather crude with their statements really, the smart ones aren't as common.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
kyupol at 9:18AM, June 20, 2008
(offline)
Oh really?

The evidence is overwhelming that 911 is an inside job.

http://www.ae911truth.org/wtc7.php

http://www.ae911truth.org/twintowers.php

NOW UPDATING!!!
anonymousposterchild at 9:56AM, June 20, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
Oh really?

The evidence is overwhelming that 911 is an inside job.

http://www.ae911truth.org/wtc7.php

http://www.ae911truth.org/twintowers.php

For a human being, you sure produce a lot of bullshit.

http://debunking911.com/pull.htm

http://debunking911.com/towers.htm
Official DrunkDuck curmudgeon
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Hawk at 1:59PM, June 20, 2008
(online)
Well, let's keep things amicable, at least.

Guys, there is nothing wrong with questioning the information available on 9-11. And there is nothing with supporting the commonly-believed explanation for the event. But I think it can be done without stepping on peoples' feet. And better off in another thread.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Aurora Moon at 10:50AM, June 21, 2008
(offline)
Hawk
Well, let's keep things amicable, at least.

Guys, there is nothing wrong with questioning the information available on 9-11. And there is nothing with supporting the commonly-believed explanation for the event. But I think it can be done without stepping on peoples' feet. And better off in another thread.

Agreed.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
kyupol at 9:15AM, June 29, 2008
(offline)
this cracked me up:

NOW UPDATING!!!
StaceyMontgomery at 10:35AM, June 29, 2008
(offline)
The definition of a good political cartoon is that it makes me laugh even though i don't agree with its politics. If it's Really good, it gives me a new perspective that adds to my understanding of the situation.

Obviously, you don't see a lot of those.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
Comicracy at 1:54PM, June 30, 2008
(offline)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
ozoneocean at 6:29AM, July 4, 2008
(online)
The photopgrapher here is the cartoonist:

That guy looks like he came straight out of some American politician caricature generator. Just look at the hair o_O

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
kyupol at 5:07PM, July 30, 2008
(offline)

NOW UPDATING!!!
kyupol at 9:39PM, Aug. 7, 2008
(offline)

NOW UPDATING!!!
Aurora Moon at 1:21PM, Aug. 12, 2008
(offline)

I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
kyupol at 7:02PM, Sept. 24, 2008
(offline)
Thread necromancy…

NOW UPDATING!!!
Comicracy at 1:13PM, Oct. 14, 2008
(offline)
kyupol at 2:11PM, Oct. 14, 2008
(offline)

NOW UPDATING!!!
Comicracy at 2:51AM, Oct. 15, 2008
(offline)
dgriff13 at 2:37PM, Oct. 16, 2008
(online)
Great thread, some really funny political cartoons here. I'm gonna be annoying and plug myself here, forgive me. But I am running a long storyline featuring… wait for it…. Sarah Palin, Osama Bin Laden, Monica Lewinski, and more. All crammed in a doghouse. Seriously. Go check it out. (clicky my signature)

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
RabbitMaster at 9:58AM, Oct. 28, 2008
(online)
I stuck my head back in the door to see if this ever got back on topic and to continue my internal debate about whether or not to post my own political cartoons. I'm at least glad to see it wandered back on topic.

Product Placement at 10:23AM, Oct. 28, 2008
(online)
Here you go RabbitMaster. I'm re-railing the topic.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
RabbitMaster at 6:23AM, Nov. 3, 2008
(online)
Well I can't say as I like or agree with any of those, but at least we're back on topic.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved