Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

prevention of an overwhelmed computer in photoshop
JillyFoo at 10:04PM, Dec. 25, 2006
(online)
I got this brand new computer, yet it works twice as slow on photoshop and lately freezes if I put (don't know…6 or more) layers of dialog on a 300 dpi page(which worked just fine on my last computer).
(I'm working with 300dpi because I am making the pages for a print version of my comic)

Both of the computers are emachines.

Please… do you have any suggestions of how to get a computer to work smoother in photoshop?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
ozoneocean at 5:49AM, Dec. 26, 2006
(online)
How much Ram have you got? Hvae you got one, two, or more hard drives? Photoshop loves using an extra hard drive for all its temp files! (Calls it a scratch disk). You can also assign it more or less ram in the prefferences.

So those are two things that can help. ^^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
JillyFoo at 4:58PM, Dec. 26, 2006
(online)
That might be it. My old computer had extra ram in it.

Here's an recent error I got:

Runtime error!
Program C:/programfiles/adobephotoshop 7.0/photoshop/exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

Is that a lack of ram error?

EDIT: I'm going to try working with the recommended scratch disks. See if it helps.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
ozoneocean at 4:52AM, Dec. 27, 2006
(online)
Ooooo O_o I don't know what the error codes mean :(
I just know that PS needs a lot of space to operate. You can alocate the percentage of RAM that it's allowed to use via the preferances. You could also try taking some RAM out of the old machine and sticking it in the new one- but only if you know they're the same kinds of RAM and you know what you're doing.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
Terminal at 2:25PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(online)
I did some looking around, turns out this error is quite common to PhotoShop. From Microsoft's point, The Runtime Error R6025 occurs when your application indirectly calls a pure virtual member function in a context where a call to the function is not valid. In most cases, the compiler detects this and reports the error when building the application. But depending on how your code is written, sometimes the problem is detected only at run-time.

Looking at some other thread topics on this same error in Photoshop, I can only offer two suggestions, you can a: uninstall PhotoShop and install it again, or b: wait (many people said the problem went away on itself.)

That's all I can offer. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved