Media Megaforum

Prince of persia movie
same at 1:29PM, May 30, 2010
(online)
I just saw it today. Although it didnt really stick to the original story I found it rather entertaining. I will now no longer refer to Jake Gyllenhaal as brokeback. What did everyone else think of the movie?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Freegurt at 10:10PM, May 30, 2010
(online)
While I haven't seen it yet, I'm desperately trying to keep reminding myself that the only thing the two share are the names. Then I start having visions of them doing Assassin's Creed and have one of the Jonas Brothers be Altair and shove some sort of spunky female lead to be spunky and female in it.

It just…

It just gives me shivers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
ozoneocean at 1:13AM, May 31, 2010
(online)
“Prince of Persia” is an anagram of “A recipe of penis”

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
PPPchairman at 8:26AM, May 31, 2010
(online)
I saw it was pretty entertaining. The acting wasn't terrible and the stunts were worthy to be in a POP movie and all the refrences to the three games made me giggle. I only had two real problems with it though. 1. Those poorly timed kiss scenes and 2. How they explained the sands of Time. "The Gods were pissed and spared the world cause of one 8 year old girl, LAME.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
same at 10:58AM, May 31, 2010
(online)
There was kissing? All i payed attention to was the wall running. There wasnt much of that. Some scenes annoyed me and the story was the main thing i didnt like. But as a stand alone movie it was ok. As a movie of prince of persia there wasnt enough time rewinding and sand peeps.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Product Placement at 12:46PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
There's an Icelander in that movie. The same guy who played Robbie Rotten in Lazy town. While I myself don't care about trivial crap like that, the local media gave it media attention equable to the Moon Landing.

They did the same thing when a 3rd generation Canadian, who was a descendant of Icelandic immigrants, went on a shuttle mission with NASA. “Fuck yeah! We went to space!”
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Hawk at 1:53PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
There's an Icelander in that movie. The same guy who played Robbie Rotten in Lazy town.

Seriously? That guy's hilarious! Though I would imagine he's far less so without a prosthetic chin and eyebrows.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Product Placement at 4:33PM, May 31, 2010
(online)
Yeah. I have no idea what role he's playing but it's some sort of scarred dude with crazy eyes. You can see him in the trailer, pulling a Darth Maul moment: “It's time”.

Edit: Also, if it will tickle your interest, then the guy who played Sportacus was also the bad guy in “The spy next door”
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
mlai at 6:35PM, June 5, 2010
(online)
I saw the movie. It's pretty good for a popcorn movie. I would put it somewhat above The Scorpion King, to give you a frame of reference.

It gets major creds for being a video game movie that doesn't suck. How many of those can you count on your fingers? I can't. Now that Uwe Boll no longer has loophole profit to earn from making video game movies, I hope this starts a trend.

1. I thought I'd be pissed about how everyone is white and not middle eastern. But since Persia is so expansive, you can kind of forget that while watching the movie.

The Icelandic assassin is just white through and through, though; at least everyone else has a hint of Persian in them, either through makeup or tan or facial features. But I guess if that guy alone is middle eastern we'd just get accusations of racial profiling, so it's okay.

2. I thought I'd hate Gylenhaal, because I don't have any good impressions of him and because he's white. But no, I liked the character and I had no problem with the actor in the movie.

Keep in mind, I haven't played much PoP except for the original 2D PoP.

This movie makes me want an Assassin's Creed movie. I really want to see a Middle Eastern dude spidermanning a city and stacking up a huge white ppl body count. It would be refreshing. Think of the profits from the global market!

No, I'm not anti-American (well… just the dumb ones and the greedy ones). I just like role reversals.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Sea_Cow at 8:39PM, June 5, 2010
(offline)
I don't even have to watch the movie. The trailer made the whole theater smell like a big wet meaty shit. Video games are never good. I don't care if it wasn't directed by Uwe Boll, it's still going to suck. At least Uwe Boll movies are bad in a funny way. The trailer sucked. Just watch it. The bitch who drowned in oil in Quantum of Solace is just describing the whole plot of the movie in monotone, random bad guys say non sequitir shit in a hissy “suspense” voice, Jake Gylenhaal has long hair, and I throw up repeatedly. I just don't even

ozoneocean
“Prince of Persia” is an anagram of “A recipe of penis”

Also this
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
ImaginaryGirl at 2:58PM, June 8, 2010
(offline)
It was a good movie. Not fantastic, but I enjoyed it quite a lot. The Prince could have been a little more snarky, and the movie as a whole could have used a little more polish, but it was still the best video game movie I've seen. And seeing Prince ninj his way about made me squee with glee. Squee, I say!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
Genejoke at 10:55PM, June 15, 2010
(online)
Sea_cow
The bitch who drowned in oil in Quantum of Solace is just describing the whole plot of the movie in monotone, random bad guys say non sequitir shit in a hissy “suspense” voice,

Yeah that helped put me off for sure. While I always indulge in shitty video game adaptations I will wait for the DVD or maybe Tv.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Sea_Cow at 8:23PM, June 16, 2010
(offline)
Genejoke
Sea_cow
The bitch who drowned in oil in Quantum of Solace is just describing the whole plot of the movie in monotone, random bad guys say non sequitir shit in a hissy “suspense” voice,

Yeah that helped put me off for sure. While I always indulge in shitty video game adaptations I will wait for the DVD or maybe Tv.

It's better when they're shitty in a funny way, like Uwe Boll shitty. This doesn't look Uwe Boll shitty. It looks more like Da Vinci Code shitty. Just bad enough to suck, not bad enough to be entertaining anyways.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Genejoke at 6:40AM, June 17, 2010
(online)
Damn the da vinci code was dull. First time I ever fell asleep at the cinema.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
mlai at 7:14PM, June 17, 2010
(online)
I pity the people who feel they gain cool points by slamming summer movies that they're ignorant about. Probably just too poor to go to the cinemas, and are anxiously waiting to illegally torrent them 6 months later.

Uwe Boll movies aren't funny-bad. They're just bad. PoP was much better than any Boll movie. It's on the level of Scorpion King; I'd put it a little above that flick.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved