Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

printing borderline adult webcomics
JillyFoo at 12:47PM, May 9, 2009
(online)
I'm working on making the second volume print for Demon Eater, but I realized something horrible, the nudity content in the comic might not go through Lulu or Comixpress.

There isn't sex or swearing in the comic just nudity. Will it make it through those printers?

If the comic isn't accepted, what should I do? Is there any print on demand service for adult comics?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Skullbie at 2:16PM, May 9, 2009
(online)
Why not ask them :/

Also you could always go love hina style and have dubiously whited out nipples buy the convenient fog wafting by, or the handy pieces of debris that just happened to block out her genitals and boobs at the same time.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
JillyFoo at 2:32PM, May 9, 2009
(online)
Ahh.. that would require so much editing. :O

I looked at the lulu site and searched “nudity”. It looks like there's tons of that stuff there so I'm not very worried about getting my book there. Comixpress is such a pain to communicate with… I haven't gotten rejected yet so I'll have to ask around more if that happens.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:57PM, May 9, 2009
(online)
there was this comic that featured 3d rendered vampires, and the main character being a female vampire spent a lot of time in the first chapter sitting around absolutely naked and I do recall seeing that in ka-blam's indyplanet store. So I guess as long as it's nonsexual or too explicit (no sex or full frontal) it could pass over there? Basically if it falls under mature rather than adult it should be fine I think…
at least I hope so, don't shoot me if I'm wrong :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved