Debate and Discussion

Proof of God?
KingRidley at 7:31AM, Oct. 4, 2008
(offline)
I think there would be alot more evidence of infinite collapsed universes. The rules probably didn't just conveniently pop into existence one day, they have to have always existed.

Pretty much it's an interesting theory, but I think that the nature of reality doesn't work like that.

Also with alot of theories about our universe and how everything came to be, most theories are turned down because they make an assumption that our universe/galaxy is something special. We do our best to operate under the assumption that Earth and the Milky Way are just like every other galaxy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
lothar at 3:28PM, Oct. 4, 2008
(online)
KingRidley
I think there would be alot more evidence of infinite collapsed universes. The rules probably didn't just conveniently pop into existence one day, they have to have always existed.

Pretty much it's an interesting theory, but I think that the nature of reality doesn't work like that.

Also with alot of theories about our universe and how everything came to be, most theories are turned down because they make an assumption that our universe/galaxy is something special. We do our best to operate under the assumption that Earth and the Milky Way are just like every other galaxy.

there would be no evidence of other universes in Our universe . by its nature it is a closed system .but then again there might be evidence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMAP_cold_spot#Parallel_universe

as far as the rules that govern Our universe , most reasearch tends to point to the conclusion that the rules Did sort of pop into exsistence ,not exacly “one day” because time itself is kinda a part of the fabric of space and gravity, but as the universe formed so did the rules of the universe . this doesn't in itself rule out the possibility of some sort of driving force behind the process, but it doesn't require it either .

don't confuse “universe” with “galaxy” they are two very different things . we can see thousands of other galaxies , and yes, our milky way galaxy is a very average galaxy. Our universe, on the other hand, is the only one we know of. it could be the only one . we don't know, and we can have no way of knowing. but , considering all the variables at the beginning of our universe it seems highly unlikely that it is the only one.
it's like we have the winning lottery ticket as far as the cosmos goes. why should we assume that it is the only ticket ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
KingRidley at 10:49AM, Oct. 6, 2008
(offline)
Actually due to the nature of the universe, we know there are no others (unless you mean parallel dimensions or something) because the universe is everything that exists. There can be huge new chunks of the universe, and many new galaxies, but I don't think there can be more than one universe.

Also it would be very unfair of me to say that this is a ridiculous theory, especially because there's no way to prove or disprove it, and because at one point I thought of a similar idea and wrote a short story about it. So yeah.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved