Help, Support and Suggestions

Purchase Banner Ads?
arvtoon at 1:06PM, July 5, 2007
(online)
How does one get one of those banner ads that appear on DD's home page and News page? Also- who determines what books get showcased on the news page? Is this strictly an editorial decision, a result of popularity, or can anyone petition for space there? In the same vein- how does anyone go about drawing some attention to their book, other than just by posting it and creating a forum on the “Hey Look What I Did” forum? I have an entire issue posted since April and have only had a couple readers so far.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
ozoneocean at 2:51PM, July 5, 2007
(online)
So far there's no system in place for buying the banner advertising…

For news, people PQ events to the admins (contacts can be found at the bottom of the main forum page). Common ones are 25 page milestones, (25, 50, 75 etc.).

Featured comics are decided by admins and suggested by moderators. based on whatever is appealing to us and we feel represents a certain quality. -you can't ask for a feature though, or influence it.

Getting interest through DD requires community participation. If you want mega numbers though, it's unlikely you'll get it through DD, you're better off listing with comic toplists, networking elsewhere, cosying up to popular webcomics, and purchasing outside advertising. If you do want more DD interest though, the best way is community participation: through joining in with the forums (and having a forum sig banner), Commenting on other people's comics, and maybe even participating in community events in the Networking forum. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
arvtoon at 9:47AM, July 9, 2007
(online)
Thanks for the sound advice. Somebody somewhere must know something about where the banners ads come from. I'm sure they don't just appear on their own. And that would be a form of outside advertising, wouldn't it?

I checked out what you meant about the admins contacts, but I'm not sure what you mean by “PQ” the admins when I post a milestone. How is this done?

As far as networking, I do want to go in and review two or three books at my earliest opportunity, if only to qualify to get my book, “Wayout West issue #1” reviewed. I've had 28 pages of that book posted since April.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved