Media Megaforum

PUT PARIS BACK IN JAIL
isukun at 1:46PM, June 8, 2007
(online)
Well, looks like she's back to the big house and now she'll be serving out the full term instead of half. She tried her best to play the poor victim in all this, but still looked more like a spoiled brat to me. The news last night was claiming that her “medical problem” was that she had a private psychiatrist come in and claim she was going to have a nervous breakdown if she stayed. I'm not sure how true that is considering I haven't seen it anywhere else, but according to the news reports, at least the private psychiatrist part was right since the judge commented on it during the case.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Black_Kitty at 2:43PM, June 8, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
I know no one is inclined to be sympathetic to rich people (especially people like Paris whose fame don't seem to have any justification or redeeming value), but it is a fact that everyone's lives, upbringings, situations, and coping skills are different.

I agree with this. On a whim, I rented The Simple Life and thought it was kind of stupid and silly how two girls could be so incompetent in their tasks. When my mom watched it however, she pointed out that their life experiences have been different. Why would it be surprising that they couldn't milk a cow or haven't heard of Wal-Mart if their life beforehand never had those things?

I don't particularly like Paris Hilton but there's a part of me that feels sorry for her. Her whole life was probably spent in homes twice the size of mine with a lawn that's even bigger. Now she has to live forty days in a room that's probably smaller than mine. It's a bit too dramatic of a shift for someone who's probably not quite mature and do not have the life experience everyone else seem to have.

I don't sympathize with her enough to say that she should receive a lighter sentence or that she's above the law however. When I heard “medical condition” I was thinking something that's a bit more dire (like a heart condition or something similar.) But I think a respect for the law works both ways so if she got proper permission to substitute jail with house arrest, then I'm okay with that (which it turns out she didn't get but the issue with the sheriff and the judge seem, at least so far, to be something not completely her fault.)

Personally, I think this is a good experience for her. Drinking and driving is a serious crime and it threatens not just the driver but everyone else. And it's worth considering that she had the resources to take other means of transportation. She could have called a taxi, a limo, oh hell she could have called a helicopter if she wanted to. Instead she chose to drive home drunk and that's just a stupid decision. Then she drove with a suspended license which is equally stupid.

I hope this whole experience teaches her and others that the next time you drink, get someone sober to drive. The situation may seem unfair to her but it was unfair of her to put everyone at risk with her decision to drive home drunk.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
dueeast at 6:28PM, June 8, 2007
(online)
Black_Kitty
Personally, I think this is a good experience for her. Drinking and driving is a serious crime and it threatens not just the driver but everyone else. And it's worth considering that she had the resources to take other means of transportation. She could have called a taxi, a limo, oh hell she could have called a helicopter if she wanted to. Instead she chose to drive home drunk and that's just a stupid decision. Then she drove with a suspended license which is equally stupid.

I hope this whole experience teaches her and others that the next time you drink, get someone sober to drive. The situation may seem unfair to her but it was unfair of her to put everyone at risk with her decision to drive home drunk.

This is the part I agree with. Everyone who sympathizes with Paris Hilton seems to overlook the fact that this was a repeat crime and it can't just be ignored. She did endanger herself and others, more than once.

It's better to learn some reality in this way (spending some time behind bars) than regretting causing the death of someone or being maimed or worse because of a drunk driving accident. We all do dumb, thoughtless things sometimes but we all have to learn we're human and have limits at some point in our lives. It's definitely better to hope for a positive outcome than to contemplate the alternatives…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
subcultured at 11:48PM, June 8, 2007
(online)
i said hell yes!
when i heard the news through the radio

'bout damn time for some justice in the system
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
subcultured at 12:29AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
awww still unfair!
just take yer damn medicine and get it over with. so many people protecting her.

I swaer I wish the judge would just put her into genpop…that'll learn her about consequences.
Someone
TMZ reports that instead of being transported to the Century Regional Detention Facility, Paris Hilton will spend the weekend in the medical ward of the Twin Towers Correctional Facility while her lawyers file an appeal. Her lawyers are filing a writ of habeas corpus, claiming her body is being held illegally. Which is about the only way anybody would ever want to hold her body. Zing!
J
MetalLuigi at 2:58AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
I'm surprised she hasn't just paid her way to freedom with her money. I mean, she's rich, right? She can afford the best lawyers out there. Then again, it's probably more complicated than that, but for something like DUI to go on this long is kind of…unusual. That's the media for you. Gotta stir up controversy one way or the other.
My two comics: Bob the Alien and Tom the Turkey
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
ZeroVX at 5:00AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Whatever happened to “do the crime, do the time”? Now, it's all about money, money, money.

No wonder greed is a sin.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
SeriousQuiche at 5:38AM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
FLAWED AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
dueeast at 9:09AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
SeriousQuiche

If it were so flawed, she'd still be free. No system is perfect but it'll do.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Terminal at 9:46AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
subcultured
everyone should just blow up the LASPD dept's phones. unfair! unfair!

…yeah, cause the city of Los Angeles needs this.

While I still don't care for her, I respect her more than the other Hollywood drinking girls that party all day and don't work, just because she's going to jail.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
subcultured at 10:53AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
put the pressure on them…

mob mentality goes a long way
J
SpANG at 6:41PM, June 9, 2007
(online)
SeriousQuiche
Yeah, because no other countries treat the rich differently than the poor.

Where's the roll eyes emote when you need it.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
AQua_ng at 1:27AM, June 10, 2007
(online)
Apparently the law has read this thread and decided to put her back.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
ZeroVX at 11:01AM, June 10, 2007
(online)
Good! It's about time they started listening to the people.

POWWA TO DA PEOPLES!!!
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
Custard Trout at 12:08PM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
I don't think she should be in prison.

I think they should reopen the Colosseum and make her fight lions with nothing but a penknife and half a sausage roll. Which would probably be the only remotely entertaining thing she'll ever do.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
AQua_ng at 12:34PM, June 10, 2007
(online)
Half a sausage roll? You're being too generous!

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
ZeroVX at 1:50PM, June 10, 2007
(online)
Yeah! She doesn't need the penknife either!

V for Vendetta, V.
Hijuda at 2:35PM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
You guys are being a little tough, I think. We should at least give her some extremely heavy chains.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:44PM, June 10, 2007
(online)
Hijuda
You guys are being a little tough, I think. We should at least give her some extremely heavy chains.

Give her a water gun. And the lion should just be some dudes in a costume.

And when she finally figures it out, we release the hounds.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
ZeroVX at 8:00AM, June 11, 2007
(online)
Or better yet, the guys in lion suits are people who REALLY hate her(shouldn't be that hard to find).

And, if she escapes the hounds, they can use baseball bats!

Everyone loves baseball! Especially hitting stuff with the bats!

V for Vendetta, V.
subcultured at 10:32AM, June 11, 2007
(online)
hahaha
she finally knew that her parent's money couldn't get her out of this…
Someone
Paris Hilton issued the following statement over the weekend saying she wouldn't appeal her sentence:

“Today I told my attorneys not to appeal the judge's decision. While I greatly appreciate the Sheriff's concern for my health and welfare, after meeting with doctors I intend to serve my time as ordered by the judge.

This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to reflect and have already learned a bitter, but important lesson from this experience.

As I have said before, I hope others will learn from my mistake. I have also had time to read the mail from my fans. I very much appreciate all of their good wishes and hope they will keep their letters coming.

I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world.”

yet she still doesn't understand that this wasn't really about her…but an example of the rich trying to buy thier way out of jail/prison/court
J
ZeroVX at 4:25PM, June 11, 2007
(online)
Of course she doesn't understand. She Paris freakin' Hilton! She couldn't find her own head if she had a map and a GPS!

Oh, that was good. I should write this stuff down.

V for Vendetta, V.
Cthulhu at 7:14PM, June 11, 2007
(online)
ZeroVX
Of course she doesn't understand. She Paris freakin' Hilton! She couldn't find her own head if she had a map and a GPS!

Oh, that was good. I should write this stuff down.

Dang, that was a good one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
Custard Trout at 7:32PM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
She probably could, you can see it from Mars.
Terminal at 8:20PM, June 11, 2007
(online)
It seems like rational reasoning and thoughful posts ended on the first page.

Gee, this thread is almost like CNN, except, you know, not funny.
ZeroVX at 4:45AM, June 12, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
She probably could, you can see it from Mars.

OH! That was good! High five!

V for Vendetta, V.
Custard Trout at 4:54AM, June 12, 2007
(offline)
Terminal
It seems like rational reasoning and thoughful posts ended on the first page.

Gee, this thread is almost like CNN, except, you know, not funny.

There's no rational discussion with Paris Hilton, she's like a plug hole in a bath, but it's IQ points going down the drain instead of water.

Take Black Kittys' post for example, yes, if it were not a certain brat, I'd say it was fair, but if it was not for her pampered upbringing, going to jail for only 45 days would not be a problem. I mean, she was crying! I actually want to hunt this woman down and stab her repeatedly in her stupid, spoiled face, and this is coming from a person who rescues spiders instead of killing them.

I find it hard to discuss someone who will never need to work a day in her life in a rational manner.
Terminal at 6:33AM, June 12, 2007
(online)
You make a good point, Trout. But still this, seriously?

subcultured
everyone should just blow up the LASPD dept's phones. unfair! unfair

Gah. Think about that for a second.

If people did blew up the LAPD's phones, all for some rich girl, what would be the consequences for the other people in LA? It's not pretty. No matter how you look at it, my mind still can't comprehened that as rational.
ozoneocean at 8:04AM, June 12, 2007
(online)
Any talk about celebs is irrational… I can't believe this thread is still going. :(
-my own post isn't helping.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the LAPD has nothing to do with the actual imprisonment or the trying of offenders. Traditionally justice systems involve some kind of separation between enforcement, trying the offenders, and imprisonment. Unless of course you're talking about Judge Dredd…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
subcultured at 8:19AM, June 12, 2007
(online)
sherrif braca was the one who tried to get paris out to spend her entire sentence in her mansion. even though the judge said no electronic monitoring.

hahaha if you look at the judge's notes to get paris into court you could tell he was pissed

Someone
No matter how you look at it, my mind still can't comprehened that as rational.

try anyways
J

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved