Help, Support and Suggestions

Putting the latest page up on a different homepage.
elektro at 12:48PM, July 2, 2009
(online)
I have my own personal homepage that my comic used to be hosted on, but I moved here. However, what I would like to do is be able to have the latest comic page be visible on the front page of that website. I know there must be some kind of code to make this possible, but I'm not sure what it is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
ozoneocean at 9:43PM, July 2, 2009
(online)
Ummmm… It would be a great idea but unfortunately we don't have a function for syndicating the art that way. The best we have is an RSS feed for every comic that updates about the status of it. The link for that is available on every published comic in the top control bar (for people that are signed in).

Apart from that Frames are probably your best option. You can turn your home page into a frame-set that shows your DD comic home page in the centre, or add an iframe to your homepage and include your DD comic that way.

Neither of those are ideal because you'll have all the ads and things included in there that DD adds to the page.

Personally, what I would do if I were you is continue with the homepage, as you intend, but instead of linking to your latest comic on DD, simply link to a comic page you've uploaded to your own site called “comic.jpg” (or whatever filetype it is). Each time you make a new comic simply save it as the same name and upload it over the top of that one. Then all you do is link to your DD hosted comic as a “archive” or whatever. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
skoolmunkee at 12:12AM, July 3, 2009
(online)
I'm afraid I don't understand the point behind only displaying the most recent comic image on your page. What happens if someone wants to read previous pages? You'll have to point them at Drunk Duck anyway.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
elektro at 11:33AM, July 3, 2009
(online)
It's a job thing. When I give employers a website, I give them my homepage as it has more than just comics on there. However, it does serve as somewhat of a comics portal, and if I have the latest up on there and the employer is really interested in it, then there is a link to this page.

I may try the RSS feed, but I'll have to see how far that goes as I'm currently using a free server for the page and there are so many things I can do with it. Thanks for the help.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved