Help, Support and Suggestions

Questions about Extra Pages
Rina_ran at 7:09PM, June 20, 2006
(online)
So sorry if this has been answered before or is located somewhere else on these forums. I'm not on the forum all that often.

——

Well, I would like to create a cast/fanart page for my comic. The only program I have that I know can make pages is notepad.

My knowledge of html is quite lacking and my computer time is very limited until I can graduate from highschool. I just have a few questions now.

1) When I do make an extra page, will I still have to link it directly back to DD?

2) Is it allowed to “start another comic” but instead of a comic, it'll be details about your cast and/or fanart of another comic. I saw one other girl do this, but I wasn't 100% sure it was allowed especially since she was new.

3) If you do upload a page to DD, how do you edit it?

What I want is actually quite simple. Just a page with a banner then underneath, if a cast page, a picture of the character with a typed out description next/underneath them. If fanart, I wanted thumbnails which I really don't have a clue on making.

If the answer to #2 is yes. I'll use that until I find out how to make html pages I can load up.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
Terminal at 7:29PM, June 20, 2006
(online)
Rina_ran
So sorry if this has been answered before or is located somewhere else on these forums. I'm not on the forum all that often.
Well, I would like to create a cast/fanart page for my comic. The only program I have that I know can make pages is notepad.

May I suggest Nvu? It works wonders for making HTML and is way better than notepad, it's free. :)

Rina_ran
My knowledge of html is quite lacking and my computer time is very limited until I can graduate from highschool. I just have a few questions now.

1) When I do make an extra page, will I still have to link it directly back to DD?

If you want. Extra pages are just what they are, extra pages. No need to link back. Though you could if you wanted to. Anyways, it's cool to link back to the Duck. ;)

Rina_ran
2) Is it allowed to “start another comic” but instead of a comic, it'll be details about your cast and/or fanart of another comic. I saw one other girl do this, but I wasn't 100% sure it was allowed especially since she was new.

Yes, it is okay. There is no rule against it. It's part of your comic and it's drawn. The only things frowned upon are truly shocking things, and when people steal someone else's comic.

Rina_ran
"3) If you do upload a page to DD, how do you edit it?

There is no way to upload an HTML page to the Duck and edit it online. To edit it, you'll have to open do it on your computer.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved