Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Raising your kids...
kyupol at 8:49PM, July 11, 2006
(online)
How would DDers raise their kids? I'm just curious. I know that majority of you are late teens to early 20s… but just curious. Give me an idea of how you would raise your kids?

Would you beat em up all the time? Love em like theyre made of glass? play ball with em? what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Terminal at 9:56PM, July 11, 2006
(online)
Give them a game controller and a keyboard.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
SarahN at 10:43PM, July 11, 2006
(online)
I'm not planning to have kids…but if I marry someone…then if it happens, it happens.

As for how I would raise them…I would raise them the way my parents raised me I suppose. *shrug* They did good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
lukee at 12:05AM, July 12, 2006
(offline)
I dunno. I'd raise them in a righteous and awesome way, I bet.
–LUKEE Q. FINKLEBERG
Genuine President For Life No Seriously Guys I Mean It For Reals of the Top Drawer
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Mimarin at 3:25AM, July 12, 2006
(offline)
I would force them to watch horrible japanese monster movies, because I LIKE THEM SO THEY HAVE TO TOO.
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Comicmasta at 6:59AM, July 12, 2006
(offline)
Make them listen to Barbra Streisand sing, its cruel AND unusual
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
AQua_ng at 7:02AM, July 12, 2006
(offline)
Baby to 10 years. Call and ignore. Be firm, keep command, don't shout at them. Ignore them when they're being mischevious, it's reverse psychology that's is needed.

Teens and onwards. Treat them like adults, still don't shout.

It's in the fucking bag this parenting lark.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Ian Jay at 1:28PM, July 12, 2006
(offline)
AQua_ng
Baby to 10 years. Call and ignore. Be firm, keep command, don't shout at them. Ignore them when they're being mischevious, it's reverse psychology that's is needed.

Teens and onwards. Treat them like adults, still don't shout.

It's in the fucking bag this parenting lark.

Smart. Yelling when you get angry when the kid does something wrong only teaches the kid to yell when he gets angry. Love speaks louder than hatred.

If I had a kid, not only would I plant in him a deep root of common sense in him (something I kind of missed out on at an early age), I would try to be their friend as well as their parent– someone the kid would want to hang out with even if I wasn't his father. Of course, this might wear thin after a while, especially in the teens. …Come to think of it, I'd probably make a better crazy uncle than a dad.

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
kyupol at 3:56PM, July 12, 2006
(online)
I will teach him how to be tough. He will learn how to fight properly or at least throw a decent punch or kick or know how to take down his opponent. And teaching him how to be tough will require beating him up a little bit.

I will also indoctrinate in him that he is superior to everyone else. But at the same time, I will tell him not to put people down and brag about it.

I will educate him on all religions and it is up to him to choose when he gets older.

I will not shelter him from the real world. If he's watching something sexual or violent, I will sit beside him and educate him about it. That will also include letting him watch the most brutal fight videos and hardcore sex. That will also give him a clue what life is about.

I will encourage him to make many friends and build a good solid decent network of contacts. That starts from an early age by letting him stay over at his friend's place. Unless he does something stupid and I'm grounding him for it.

But for a daughter… I'd probably be overprotective. But not stupidly overprotective and overly overprotective unlike my parents who constantly overprotected me and at the same time beat me up and then shoved me with their religious fundamentalist bullshit down my throat.

I will respect her choice of boyfriend, time with friends… etc.

So basically, they will not be brought up like me. Which totally sucked
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Mimarin at 4:05PM, July 12, 2006
(offline)
Exposing children to violence at young ages warps them, really it does, so does sex, there is a certain age when children stop absorbing everything they see, only then is it appropriate for them to be allowed to see certain things regulally.

About respecting children, would you honestly accept and respect your child's choice of romantic partner no matter what? Suppose your son turns out to be homosexual, or your daughter decides to go out with someone disproportionatley older than her? i think a certain level of distrust and control is the only sensible thing to do.
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
ccs1989 at 4:42PM, July 12, 2006
(online)
Jadedwinter71
[

that except I'm going to basically treat my kid as an adult from the start, so he learns life is hard and life sucks… not going to make his life horrible. Just going to make him more selfdependant.

Um, that usually results in emotionally disturbed behavior. Believe me, my godmother's a psycologist.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
suzi at 5:07PM, July 12, 2006
(online)
I think the only thing I'm certain of is that I will not talk to my children like they're small, unintelligent things. I hear parents basically baby-talk to their kids at almost any age, or that condescending hyper-intonated “educational” tone of voice. Jesus christ. My mom talked to us like we were just people, you know? Not necessarily the same choice of words.

I know that it's better for babies, and they like it more, when you're overexaggerant with intonation and high noises and stuff, but after a certain point, give it a -rest-. I have friends whose parents even now still obviously “talk down” to them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Aussie_kid at 7:45PM, July 12, 2006
(online)
Childhood trauma means I can never even raise my voice to a child. I just see it as unfair because they're defencless against me. Hopefully, I can drill non-voiolent behaviour, obedience and politeness into them before they get old enough to not listen to me anymore. If that doesn't work, I'll threaten them with embarrassment (Dropping them off at school and hugging them in front of all their friends. Funny and it makes them listen to me)
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
marine at 10:07PM, July 14, 2006
(offline)
Nazi regime rules. My children would not disobey me, there would be no telavision, video games, toys, or anything such as that. My children would be raised around violance, as well as loud noises. They would be trained as soldiers for my own personal agenda (which is reallly ironic once you realize what my real agenda is) and I would also probably ignore them for extended periods of time.

I would also never allow my family to take custody of my children, especially my cocksucking parents whom I don't speak to.

I am proof that a loving enviroment can create an evil, sinister monster of a man. I'm absolutely wicked at times. I'm not exactly a bad guy, but I know for damn sure I'm not a good guy. Not anymore. There was a time I lied to myself, but now, I'm feeling pretty honest.

I would beat the shit out of my kids for no reason. I would yell at them for no reason. I would have them around some of my more questionable associates (some of whom have done hard time, hard drugs, or a combination there of), I would be the worlds greatest dad. I would force them to do organized sports, and yell or beat them if they lost. If they were not the best, what good are they.

Oh and I would also wear a cap that says Worlds #1 dad or something equally shitty on it just to mock people. I would have the shirt that said “super dad” and I would do my best to make my children worship me as their own personal god, that I was a loving and violant, but most of all confusing god.

At the age of 16 my children would be put into the military for the government to brainwarsh them, after that, I wouldn't ever speak to them again as I don't trust my government whatsoever.

How's that for the worlds #1 dad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
lukee at 10:26PM, July 14, 2006
(offline)
marine
Nazi regime rules. My children would not disobey me, there would be no telavision, video games, toys, or anything such as that. My children would be raised around violance, as well as loud noises. They would be trained as soldiers for my own personal agenda (which is reallly ironic once you realize what my real agenda is) and I would also probably ignore them for extended periods of time.

I would also never allow my family to take custody of my children, especially my cocksucking parents whom I don't speak to.

I am proof that a loving enviroment can create an evil, sinister monster of a man. I'm absolutely wicked at times. I'm not exactly a bad guy, but I know for damn sure I'm not a good guy. Not anymore. There was a time I lied to myself, but now, I'm feeling pretty honest.

I would beat the shit out of my kids for no reason. I would yell at them for no reason. I would have them around some of my more questionable associates (some of whom have done hard time, hard drugs, or a combination there of), I would be the worlds greatest dad. I would force them to do organized sports, and yell or beat them if they lost. If they were not the best, what good are they.

Oh and I would also wear a cap that says Worlds #1 dad or something equally shitty on it just to mock people. I would have the shirt that said “super dad” and I would do my best to make my children worship me as their own personal god, that I was a loving and violant, but most of all confusing god.

At the age of 16 my children would be put into the military for the government to brainwarsh them, after that, I wouldn't ever speak to them again as I don't trust my government whatsoever.

marine, I believe that you have to actually find a woman that would actually want to mate with you before you can have children.

But hey. Here's hoping for miracles, yeah?
–LUKEE Q. FINKLEBERG
Genuine President For Life No Seriously Guys I Mean It For Reals of the Top Drawer
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Aurora Moon at 2:10AM, July 15, 2006
(offline)
I don't plan to have kids.

but… if I had to, I would raise them to have an completely cynical view on the government, the hospitals, etc…
so that they know that they can't always depend on organizations like that if something goes wrong in their lives. nor can they point the finger going “well, they should had done something!!” and sue.

I think that's seriously one of the problems with the world. people are now expecting the government to be doing things that the government shouldn't be doing in the first place. like telling your own damn children what to watch, what they should eat and so on forth.
I read an article on the UK how parents are actually asking that of their own government to regulate commercials and TV shows during times where their children MIGHT be watching TV. and they're also banning junk food posters or any kind of food posters from school, and also banning drink machines.. for fear that any gullible child might see the posters and want to pig out on junk food!
but that's my problem with it… if the children don't see commercials and be actually reared to know that nearly all commercials are phony, then how can they know how to not believe the commercials they see on TV as an adult?

that just makes me think of some kids I knew from boarding school that I had to go to as a kid. most of the kids were sheltered.. very extremely so, they had no idea of what alcohol was even like. they didn't even know that it could make one drunk. they didn't know about sex until they were like 15 years old and stuff, etc. all because their parents had the option to pull their kids out of certain classes that they did not approve of.
so the more they grew up, a few became teenage mothers because their parents had not even discussed safe sex and also warning them about some boys out there who might only want to get laid, before their girls were allowed to date. because they assumed that because their “little girls” were so sheltered, that they wouldn't do anything on the first date or even on ANY other dates. never imagining that their little girl might even be curious and stuff because she had never been told of this kind of stuff.

and when they're out to college. well, they tend to overdo stuff because all the sudden freedom is overwhelming them, so they go nuts and do all the things that their parents told them not to do, for the heck of it.. heavy drinking, drugs, etc and so on forth. just because they had the freedom to do so, the freedom that they never had before.
not even realizing that just because they have the freedom to do so, doesn't make it the right thing to do.
the kids I knew, they even almost died from alcohol overdose and that didn't even stop some of them. just all because they were so fucking sheltered that they go nuts at the slightest freedom they have.

it's just so sad.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
ccs1989 at 12:48PM, July 15, 2006
(online)
lukee
marine, I believe that you have to actually find a woman that would actually want to mate with you before you can have children.

ZING!
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Radmetalmonk at 5:47AM, July 16, 2006
(online)
probally be like my dad…back when he was alive to yell at me…put the kids to work, builds character….don't want them to grow up to be just another youth who grows up sucking on pop-culture oversized nipple, and become one more sad soul who has a white collar job and let's his peers get him down.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:59PM
Duck at 3:08PM, July 29, 2006
(offline)
The way my parents did. Supportive, and most importantly, always listening.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
marine at 8:18PM, July 29, 2006
(offline)
lukee
marine

You'd be surprised how much ass Bojangles gets.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
VegaX at 11:29PM, July 29, 2006
(offline)
equinox
I have no desire to have kids someday, or a family for that matter.
Wait until your close to 25-30 and your biological clock will start to tick like crazy. Then for some reason you will feel that you MUST have a child.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
blackaby at 6:22AM, Aug. 1, 2006
(offline)
VegaX
equinox
Wait until your close to 25-30 and your biological clock will start to tick like crazy. Then for some reason you will feel that you MUST have a child.

Oh boy, does it ever.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
Zwuh at 6:26AM, Aug. 1, 2006
(online)
blackaby
VegaX
equinox

Oh boy, does it ever.

RUN AWAY!
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Comicmasta at 6:33AM, Aug. 1, 2006
(offline)
Zwuh
blackaby
VegaX
equinox

Oh boy, does it ever.

RUN AWAY!

Looks like someones clock just started ticking.
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
jissai at 9:54AM, Aug. 12, 2006
(offline)
i will raise my kids to be ninjas, and kick my boss's ass when i dont get a raise ^.^
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon