Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant or Vent here
Ozoneocean at 12:45AM, Nov. 28, 2008
(online)
Ostrich is groovy ^^
I tried on a few pairs of cowboy boots, but most weren't my size. They had some nice lizard skin ones there.

Skullbie
Hell yeah girlfriend!
Heh. Ugg-boots are for men and women in Australia. ;)
It's only when some wanker surfer stole the name, sold it to Rivers and they popularised them in the U.S. with female celebs that some yanks mistook them as a female thing. But they've never changed here.

I need replacements after my cat gashed the side of my old favourite pair. And they were damn good quality too… :(
The cow hide ones were ok, but badly shaped at the ankles and the soles were shitty. I'm going to get down to the factory to see if they can put the better quality soles from my old ones on them and shape the the legs a bit better… AND pick out a better looking hide. ^_^
I hope for the best.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
bravo1102 at 7:37AM, Nov. 28, 2008
(offline)
So I get an invite to what promises to be a great party, except I gotta work my night shift. If I didn't sleep I'd be able to go to the party. But I've gotten used to the whole sleep thing and I kind of like it.

Then there's my comic… I'm just starting Book 2 but then I get this great idea for a bad exploitation B-movie script so off I go to work on that. Well, it does give me something to do at work as my laptop can't run Photoshop unless I want it to crash every half hour. The laptop dates back to 2001, but the price was right; Free.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 1:09PM, Nov. 29, 2008
(offline)
I love life right now. Not sure if I said that before. But I truely, truely do. My workouts are getting more amazing, I can see results (not like, biiig results, but good enough ones), my diet is getting a ton better. Considering I was one of those kids that could down a 2-liter of Pepsi in a matter of like, 5 hours? Less definitely. And I have not drank any in 2 weeks. Which is crazy for me. I feel a ton better for it too.

Also started talking to a really really cute girl. Pretty sure I said that before too. But she apparently thinks a lot of me too. I'm going to ask her out, but I don't know when. She's a little bit older, but I think I have a good chance ;)

My rant: My want to work on the comic is slowly depleting. And no, I'm DEFINITELY not quitting. I'm just going to work on it when I want to. I don't want to go through and draw it super fast. I mean, if I go at 1 page per week (because I still have school and stuff I have to concentrate on) then I'm good for like, what, 5 more weeks? 6? So I really have nothing to worry about. It's just the point D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Ozoneocean at 6:34AM, Nov. 30, 2008
(online)
You know…
There really is no perfect drawing set-up.
I've always known it. I've always known that whatever you do, whatever you have to work with, it's not nearly as important as your state of mind. I mean, if your tools are substandard it's a little bit of a handicap, but you can work with that if you're driven. It's your drive, you mind state, your will that does the work.

But I had to go and get all the stuff I thought I needed, nice expensive setup… And yet without the drive, it's not much use.
——————–

Most things are in the mind though… sport, art, whatever.

Oh where oh where has my mojo gone to…?
Aurora Borealis at 11:53AM, Nov. 30, 2008
(online)
I'm still stuck doing tedious relettering. At this pace I'll be lucky if I manage to do it before the end of the year.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 4:14PM, Nov. 30, 2008
(offline)
Ozoneocean
Oh where oh where has my mojo gone to…?

Remember what I said about the ten years?!

I tried everything: different drawing approaches, setups, mental tricks to get myself going, motivational crap, listening to music, listening to different music, not listening to music, imaging my strip was a musical, imagining my life was a musical, yoga, communing with spirits, I won't bore you with any more…

Want to know what actually worked? I'd long since given up on the comics, then more by chance than design I started taking a daily spoonful of Potter's Cod Liver Oil With Malt Extract - I can't describe to you how bad that tastes. Next thing I knew, I was drawing again and full of ideas and inspiration.

It's a rock and a hard place: mojo block or disgusting daily dose - disgusting daily dose or mojo block…
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
seventy2 at 5:30PM, Nov. 30, 2008
(online)
i'm finally moved out of that old apartment….the only thing in htere that is mine, is the electricity…until midnight…it's nice to be moved, and not worry that i wasnt going to get it done in time, and owe another months rent…i pry would have been done sooner if i wasnt so lazy…

speaking of lazy…i need to motivate myself to the gym. for this:
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforce/a/pararescue.htm

why? because i feel like i need to be out there. that i myself need to be there to make that difference. yeah, my job allows me to make a slight difference, but i'm not even the guy supplying the rock to the guy who throws it, to make ripples in the pond….and if i dont try, well then i'll live with the regrets all my life….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Ozoneocean at 8:13PM, Nov. 30, 2008
(online)
Ironscarfs Ghost
It's a rock and a hard place: mojo block or disgusting daily dose - disgusting daily dose or mojo block…
Ewwwww…

I might have to ty it :(
seventy2
why? because i feel like i need to be out there. that i myself need to be there to make that difference. yeah, my job allows me to make a slight difference, but i'm not even the guy supplying the rock to the guy who throws it, to make ripples in the pond….and if i dont try, well then i'll live with the regrets all my life….
Oh just learn to fly bomber jets so you can kill lots of people. That'll make you feel better :)

I just want to draw again…
lba at 8:52AM, Dec. 1, 2008
(online)
Sometimes Oz, you just gotta drop the stylus and pick up a new tool to try. I was getting burned out on comics for a while and I didn't have anything to relax with because comics were just getting to be too familiar, so I stopped drawing comics for a while and picked up stencils and a spray can, an old artform I hadn't messed around with in years, and I found it made drawing and creating new and way more fun for me.

Granted, it changed my style and way of working for good, so even if I did go back to the comics I was working on they'd be different, but I'd bet it would make them newer and more interesting for me. Plus, I'm actually wanting to get back to making some stories now that I've had a good break.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Skullbie at 11:13AM, Dec. 1, 2008
(online)
Coo the secret santas are in! :) I got a good one to do, too good actually…*dun,dun duuuun*

As a rant my cat won't stop doing this yowling thing(like she's in heat except she's fixed)
"magaraaaaooooooooowwwwwwww D8 magarrrrrrrraaaaaaaow!!!!11"
It's her love for me ;—;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
bravo1102 at 1:05PM, Dec. 1, 2008
(offline)
There's a moment coming…
It's really gonna be special…

IT's HERE! Yay! :)

awwwwwwww it's over… :(

:George Carlin.

Perfect description of a comic being featured and the aftermath. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Arashi_san at 1:44PM, Dec. 1, 2008
(offline)
I just got peanut butter up my nose. :(
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
HippieVan at 1:55PM, Dec. 1, 2008
(online)
Arashi_san
I just got peanut butter up my nose. :(

Now you get to smell peanut butter all day! :D
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 5:03PM, Dec. 1, 2008
(online)
i think i found the virus that was plagueing my laptop. and i think i just brought it upon my P.C.

but luckily, i didnt wait so long that it trashed my anti virus. i'm scanning and deleting now.

alls i wanted to do was move my webpage over to the p.c. so i could start working on my html, and all that cool webdesign stuff…practice makes perfect…
facara
seventy2 at 9:17AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
i killed the rant thread.
facara
Ironscarfs Ghost at 10:06AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(offline)
Seventy2
i killed the rant thread.
Your virus turned into a pandemic: they's all deed.
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
SarahN at 12:45PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
A short rant…
When movies like Twilight come out, I always feel like I have dirt I can't wash off for making a vampire comic. Or at least it almost makes me wish I had made all the vamps in my comic pure evil Fright Night-ish looking things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Custard Trout at 2:15PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(offline)
The books is even worse.

Dear god, the book is actually worse.

- - - - -

So yeah, I forgot to get a new mousepad. The mouse I'm using now (came with my tablet) is driving me fucking insane, it either double clicks for no reason, or doesn't register the clicks at all, and it flicks about the screen like a hyperactive squirrel on a sugar high and the speed is set to the lowest setting. Why do tablet mice always suck? I have even tried the stylus, but it makes my wrist hurt.

I can't just use the back up one without a pad because apparently computer mice have personalities, and this one is too delicate to simply glide along on my sketchbook or whatever else is lying around at the time. Noooo, it has to be luxury or nothing.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
seventy2 at 3:57PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
my mp3 player (here to mentioned as a gigabeat S) got old, and like most old systems operating a version of windows, required an update to fix and run itself. the problem is, microsoft dropped support of it right before they launched the zune, which apparently is the exact same thing, only updated a little and owned completly by microsoft. so i searched far and wide, until i found a copy of gigabeat software with windows mobile. the only problem? everything was written in japanese. i remembered where the “settings” selection was. i clicked on what i hoped was the language option, and then i clicked on the first option it gave me….then the thing shutdown. when it came back up, everything was written in french! which was easier, because i could then make out the words, type them in google and find everything easy.
——–

also ozone 2 things.

1. pararescue does just that. they rescue and only kill when being killed.
2. becoming a bomber pilot takes about 3 years longer than i want. i barely have my bachelor degree. and you have to have that to become a pilot. and then your odds are higher at becoming a UAV pilot more than anything. not to mention to passing the AFOQT. which wouldnt be hard since i'm already a half pilot.
facara
Aurora Borealis at 4:39PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
Ha, only 48 pages to reletter… and then all 128 to de-color (will be messy work since parts will have to be left “painted” in grey, other parts will be flatted and the rest will be kept white).

Meanwhile I have found out that the “virtual credit card thingie” offered by my bank is indeed working with Paypal, and as such I'll be able to get it early next year (hopefully)… indyplanet/ka-blam, here I come :D

I think I shall roam the net for a bit and hit the bed…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
lba at 4:52PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
Why is it that people demand artwork and pretty things around them all the time and then scream and decry a person as a vandal when they put that artwork on the walls or even on a canvas? I swear, people treat what I do as me being nothing more than a common criminal when I have yet to paint anything illegally on a wall. I use hunks of wood and walls that the owners approve of the painting. Just because i have a spray can in my hand does not mean you need to call the cops to have me arrested and then come scream and throw my own cans at me when they leave without putting the handcuffs on. I understand that the style has developed historically from illegal activities, but that doesn't mean it always has to be done illegally.

And why is it that people who love the end result so much have to complain at me about the smell and fumes? I'm working in a marked area with as much of a buffer between me and them as possible. Yes, I know it smells, and no I can't do anything about it. I'm sorry, but I was given permission to work where I do and I've already done everything possible to keep the smell and fumes to a minimum.

I guess my hopes for a comic done in spray paint just don't get to come true. I was really excited about this idea too since the first page was coming out so cool looking. :(
seventy2 at 5:39PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
do it anyways iba. i know i would.
facara
Ozoneocean at 5:57PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
lba
and then come scream and throw my own cans at me when they leave without putting the handcuffs on
You can have them arrested for that. ;)
But you need witnesses… :(
They can lie though. :)
Truly.
seventy2
2. becoming a bomber pilot takes about 3 years longer than i want. i barely have my bachelor degree. and you have to have that to become a pilot. and then your odds are higher at becoming a UAV pilot more than anything. not to mention to passing the AFOQT. which wouldnt be hard since i'm already a half pilot.
That's a shame… :(
It'd be lovely to fly a B1 bomber, one of the most beautiful jets ever made…
-Not to kill people, just to fly it.
seventy2 at 6:37PM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
definatly a sexy sexy plane….i wish i could touch it….but they wont let me…

engines are might loud…and high pitched, and you can see the after burn trail for quite awhile after takeoff…it rumbles dorms a mile away during takeoff…sexy sexy beast….except when i'm sleeping…
facara
lba at 3:29PM, Dec. 4, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
lba
and then come scream and throw my own cans at me when they leave without putting the handcuffs on
You can have them arrested for that. ;)
But you need witnesses… :(
They can lie though. :)

That pun made my day so much better. :) Even if it is a pun.

I'm kind of getting used to the adversity though. It bothers me less and less.

I always wanted to get my hands on one of those F-16's. They look like such slick, fast and maneuverable little fighters. Like you could control them just by flicking your wrist. Sadly, I'm not only 4-F but I can't even get a pilot's license.
Dan at 6:08PM, Dec. 4, 2008
(online)
lba
I always wanted to get my hands on one of those F-16's. They look like such slick, fast and maneuverable little fighters. Like you could control them just by flicking your wrist.
I know what you mean. I saw one of them at one Air Show I visited, where the plane simply flipped to the side for few moments, upside-down for few moments, other side for few moments, and then upright followed by a loop. But Good lord, it was loud as hell. It's strange how seeing things with your own eyes is far more fascinating than watching it on television.

Anyways, I completely blew on my AP Language Arts performance exam. All I got on the paper was a 2-sentence thesis statement and that was as far as I got. What's sickening is that I'm chuckling over it.

Chuckling… God, I've really fucked up this time. And I still have all these homework lying in front of me…

…Maybe I'm not really who I think I am.
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Ozoneocean at 6:59PM, Dec. 4, 2008
(online)
The B1 looks like a titanic swan in flight… I think that's what the name for the Russian version is actually (or something like it). It's like a huge fighter plane that just kept growing and growing.

They don't look very manoeuvrable, but because of the weight, size and momentum, any manoeuvres a big plane like that does make look even cooler- even if it's nothing more than banking sharply to one side. :)
————————–

For Manoeuvrability though, I've always wanted my own personal little Harrier jet. One of those little things would make a fantastic sports plane. You could paint it all up with wild flouro colours and stuff… I think that'd be awesome. ^__^
seventy2 at 7:59PM, Dec. 4, 2008
(online)
russian version tu-22, almost identical. there's some charts out there that show the differences. they're not really maneuverable at all. they were designed to take off, drop a nuke on russia, (or vise versa), and keep going in the same direction. at mach 3. i tell you sexy doesnt get any better. well, it does, i just wont bore you with the details of me and my wife.

i always wanted to fly the F-16 as well. growing up, i'd never heard of the f22, and the f15 was just getting popular. (even though it had been around just 10 years less than the 16). sigh, those were my dreams…but reality hit when college cost me about 10k more than i had planned on. so now i just watch those jets take off…..
——-

sigh, i'm sad i'm leaving my wife in the morning, but glad for the change in pace..plus she'll get to come visit me next month.

these feelings confuse me…
facara
Skullbie at 10:17AM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
secret santa thread
none 4 me

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Arashi_san at 3:16PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(offline)
awwww… poor Skullbie…

rant: this:
Hippie Van
Don't make fun of Arashi. He's hiding a horrible deformity inside his mouth.
Or maybe braces…
the braces, I mean.
I had an appointment yesterday, expecting to get them out but instead, I was told that I have to have them in for six more weeks. We've been playing this game of delaying it further for a long time. It's really annoying.
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon