Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant or Vent here
HippieVan at 6:32PM, Nov. 19, 2008
(online)
I really need to find something to do, because I'm driving myself crazy just sitting here. Gah. And I'm stressed out, so I can't stop moving and I keep picking at my lip. I neeeeeed to burn some energy and do something to take my mind off everything for a while, but I don't know what. It's too danged cold and dark to go outside, and there's nothing inside.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 6:43PM, Nov. 19, 2008
(online)
I would make an inappropriate suggestion…
But Alas… 'tis inappropriate. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Skullbie at 7:34PM, Nov. 19, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
But Alas… 'tis inappropriate. :(
What her macbook pro? 8D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Skullbie at 7:35PM, Nov. 19, 2008
(online)
Wow look at the gums on that emoticon. Jesus christ.
Ironscarfs Ghost at 7:37PM, Nov. 19, 2008
(offline)
Dental plan?
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
seventy2 at 8:59PM, Nov. 19, 2008
(online)
lisa needs braces.
—-

i forgot why i stopped using the new router from dlink. it couldnt handle the traffic. bleh. i had to find firmware for my discontinued dlink router. sigh that was fun, but obviously it worked. i also need to turn off the touchpad on my laptop, but windows wont let me. sigh, at least i now have knowledge for future computer ops.

also, there is no hot water going to my showers or tubs….all the sinks have hot water, but not my bathing utensils…bastages…and also, my husky is being extremly hyper and mean to my little collie spaniel mix….i think she's almost in heat again…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
bravo1102 at 10:49AM, Nov. 20, 2008
(offline)
lba
Nah, I do stencils and graffiti on big wooden panels and whatever other surfaces I can get my hands on. I have a really good spray booth up at my school, but some of the pieces I work on are too big for it/ on outside walls ( I get permission to cover up tags with artwork from store owners.) / etc. Plus, it's been shut down for the last couple weeks because we had someone take out the filters in the exhaust vent to use the booth as a smoking lounge. -_-

I understand perfectly. I recently started doing aircraft and ship models and they often don't fit in my spray booth. Which means next year I have to build a larger spray booth, especially if I want to build that 1/72 scale Vulcan bomber. Except there is no room. :(

Instead I do webcomic! (and scads of inch tall figures, they fit anywhere and everywhere. Anyone want to scratchbuild a Canadian Chevrolet 2 pounder anti-tank gun portee for me? It's only 3 inches long how hard could it be? ;)

Instead I work on my webcomic. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Skullbie at 8:43PM, Nov. 20, 2008
(online)
Fucking god, there was a wild raccoon on my front porch with the cats. I think he attacked my black kitten but the kitten doesn't have any bite marks…fuck i know it's not going to stop coming back. I'll try to kill it with a sword next time(can't use a gun) 25 shots in the stomach be damned. -_-

But seriously its face freaked me out so much 0__0 I thought it was a stray cat as it dashed off my porch(it's night time) and then it jumped up and its black/white face looked at me all: ‘D8’ and i was like ‘D8!!!’ and ran inside to tell my dad to get the gun.

Some help he was though(not). Now i shall go kill bill style on the raccoon with a dull ninja blade i bought at the swap meet. The decisive battle between girl and coon.A bragging rights story about how i, Olivia Nite, beheaded a small woodland creature.(the parts about it bitting me and me crying in the doctors office after 25 shots will be exempted to protect my noble vissage)

But really i hope the black kitten is okay later on :(
Skullbie at 11:06PM, Nov. 20, 2008
(online)
So much for kill bill, My dad just shot the racoon. That was the loudest noise I think I've ever heard, it was this small old-fashioned pistol too. What would a shotgun sound like? *shivers*Movies don't show gun shots being so goddamn loud…

I feel horrible that an animal has died but it would have been trouble for my cats in the long run… I'm done with double posts now promise.
Ozoneocean at 11:15PM, Nov. 20, 2008
(online)
That's true… guns are loud. Games and movies trick you about all sorts of things like that.

The poor little bandit :(
—————

YES! The weekend is here! YAY! Fricken yay!
skoolmunkee at 1:59AM, Nov. 21, 2008
(offline)
It's not quite the weekend yet for me…. :[

I have the opposite of a rant, I'm glad about something! Every night for the last, I dunno, month? I've been playing Oblivion for 2 hours (longer on weekends, 4-5?), just chipping away at it, because I'm enjoying it so much. All the while thinking ‘I should be using this time to do something else’ but still, going to the xbox.

Last night I just… wasn't interested! So it seems I've worked through my small obsession with the game and can get back to doing things I should be… like my chinese homework, listing more books on greenmetropolis, drawing…

Actually I do have a rant. I started feeding my dog raw food and one of the things she eats is chicken backs, the chunk that's left after you cut off the chest and legs. I can get them cheaply from my local butcher, but for some reason he won't take a weekly standing order from me… I need 7 a week. Instead, I always have to come by on Wednesday and tell him I want 7 of them, and then on Thursday (when he chops up his chickens) he'll save 7 of them for me isntead of sending them off for soup or something. If I'm here every week wanting 7, why do I have to keep coming in? Why can't I just make a standing order and only have to come in to pick them up? Christ…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Whirlwynd at 4:29AM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
X( I don't get much of a weekend at all this week. I think whoever's doing the schedule at work is trying to kill me. For the past couple of months they've switched me from the day shift to the night shift every other week for no apparent reason. Now they're having me come in 72 hours in the next 7 days and they want me to switch from nights to days right in the middle of the week. It would have been 84 hours if the switch was from days to nights. Fortunately, they can't make us work more than 12 hours in a row.

Also, nothing wakes you up at 5am like this - crawling in the dark space between the back wall of a warehouse and towers of pallets, nudging out cobwebs thick enough to look like stretched cotton, and having the spider of your living nightmares jump out and try to take revenge on you with ten of his roommates. O__O

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
seventy2 at 5:24AM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
why do I have to keep coming in? Why can't I just make a standing order and only have to come in to pick them up? Christ…

maybe he likes you, and wants to see you as often as possible…

i love it when i'm going on a trip, but they dont know when…that's always great. gives me the most time with my family, and proper time to pack items that i need here as well…

facara
kyupol at 6:54AM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
I almost rear-ended an SUV. Damn snow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
bravo1102 at 8:24AM, Nov. 21, 2008
(offline)
I miss the smell of cordite in the turret. Wear hearing protection so you only lose 15% of your low level hearing.

I did the whole “Army combat arms; shoot off lots of bullets” thing for 11 years then I started going to ACW and AWI reinactments and they were so quiet. They use blank half charges. ;)

What you do is crank the sound all the way up on that state-of-the-art sound system in your home theater, then play the first and last half hour of Saving Private Ryan It's about as loud as the real thing. ;) Then throw some hot brass around and throw yourself down into your couch which you've covered in dirt and pray that the noise and the ringing in your ears will stop. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
seventy2 at 10:05AM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
i love the smell of jet exhaust. and the sound of a b1's engines (4 f16 engines) is definatly something to lose the high end of your hearing.

also wearing headsets for 6+ hours every 3 days….when one has this slight buzz….

i only shoot guns once a year, and technically i dont even need that…yay for non front lines….but sometimes that makes me feel bad, which is why in june i'm trying out for this….

http://www.pararescue.com/
facara
Ozoneocean at 5:28PM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
B1s are nice looking planes. :)
mlai at 7:07PM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
In a real pensive mood since late last night. Got lots to think about.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Ozoneocean at 7:19PM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
mlai
But unlike usual times, all these challenges are ones I am eager to face. I do not dread them, thinking about them do not tire me, and I do not wish to procrastinate on them.
you WILL get every last pokemon! You WILL win the championship!

I know you can do it. I believe in you.

——————–
Seriously, good luck Mlai :)
HippieVan at 7:50PM, Nov. 21, 2008
(online)
It's getting so cold. It's 20 below already today, and I know it's going to get worse. I just can't stand any more of these goddamn winters here. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. All the cold, all the grey in this dead-end city makes me want to kill myself sometimes.
I'm just trying to get through the next couple years in a slightly zoned-out fashion until I can leave this place forever.

Midgets don't take well to cold! Urgh.
Custard Trout at 3:27AM, Nov. 22, 2008
(offline)
I like winter, it's the only time of year where I don't feel sluggish and depressed. Or rather, I do, but to a lesser degree than usual.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
mlai at 3:33AM, Nov. 22, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Seriously, good luck Mlai :)
I'll still do this little ritual, though:

*knocks on wood.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
TheMidge28 at 12:17PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(online)
I regret the choices I have made in my life financially. I wish I was a fiscally savvy person like many people I know and have heard about but I am not. I wish I saved and made better choices to secure for my future. I wish I had many thousands of dollars which I could use to buy property and rehab and resell like Flip This House. They make it look so easy. ;) I wish so much I was independently wealthy and had no debt. I wish the end of Fight Club was a reality. I wish we could all go back to zero.

Just last week I had a wishbone and used it. I hope that damn thing works since I got the larger portion in the pull. My fortune cookie from last night gave me my lucky lottery numbers. I wonder if I should play them instead of reading them and adding “in bed” at the end and giggling like a school girl to myself but inside weeping at the reality of how deep I am in debt.

and by the way my 401k looks it ain't gonna get any better.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Custard Trout at 12:59PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(offline)
Great, so now my computer refuses to open Windows Media Player for absolutely no reason. I failed on my essay because I didn't fucking double space, of all things, and because I didn't go into enough detail. On a fucking ONE THOUSAND WORD essay. What the hell? How much detail am I supposed to pack into a measly one thousand words? It's ridiculous. I can't believe I got marked down for not formatting my essay in a way that I wasn't told about, and which made no fucking sense AT ALL!

So my project for the part of my course that actually matters looks like shit now, because I spent so much time dicking about with this fucking essay with that bitch berating me constantly as if it was the only thing I had to get done, and because of the camera troubles that took a full week and a fucking half to sort out, I had to shoot the entire thing in one afternoon and it's still not finished, because now I've got to do this fucking CGI thing with it and record and add the sound, both of which have to be produced in my fucking bedroom because apparently no one ever has work to do on weekends so the entire campus is basically shut down. I'm going to fucking fail because of all this constant shit that's being piled on me, coupled with my utter lack of talent.

My internet is still on the blink, and seems to be deliberately disconnecting me when it would annoy me most, like right now for instance. I probably won't even be able to post this because the fucking thing went off just as I was about to hit the send button.

It's been like this since I got back to university. Everything I've tried to do for the last nine weeks has gone completely fucking wrong and now I just want to either sleep forever or kill everyone.
lba at 2:34PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(online)
I think the expression that most accurately expresses my current state is: 0.o … XD!!!

I've spent the last two days cleaning up after one of the most hilarious, terrifying ( as far as my roommate is concerned. ) and colourful disasters I've ever seen happen in my life. Somehow, the heat in the area I was keeping all my spray cans in got just high enough to make some of them explode. I'm kind of glad that I store stuff like that in old military ammo cans because they're fire proof and what-not. Though, some of them were in a cardboard box because I just hadn't gotten around to putting them away and they ended up exploding over half the room. Luckily, there wasn't any shrapnel or anything and I just lost a bunch of half-empty cans, but it was a spectacular, delightful mess.

Kind of makes me want to do it again…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 5:28PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(offline)
So the paper I was using to draw my comic (Ryu's Krew) was being cool and good for the first four pages or so.

Then it became a burden to scan into four parts and piece together in photoshop. And THEN, for some reason, my inks turned grey. I have no idea how that happened, but even after adjusting the levels, it was still grey.

For some reason, I believe it was the paper, because the old paper I used to use, NEVER did this to me.
So I'm switching back to printer paper.

Much, much easier to draw on.

But alas, I do have good news. I got some new tanktops today. Some new pens, and I feel amazing.

AND, I had a hot Junior girl from my school add me. So that's two junior girls. Funny thing is, they are both best friends.
:)

Haha. But seriously. Life is awesome. I can't believe how pessimistic I was last year.
In fact, it's quite hilarious

I regret all the bad things I said about life, you sexy devil you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
seventy2 at 5:48PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(online)
i hate being a fanboy….being a fanboy requires that you buy everything, regardless of crappy nature of crappy items…and the fact that it's just a fat stripped version of the story line you've seen 3 times already….BUY NOW.

also, i'm extremly tired, i had to buy a battery for a car i'm selling. and i like potatoes…
facara
HippieVan at 7:53PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(online)
It's not even ten but I really want to go to sleep.
Custard Trout at 8:10PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(offline)
It's four in the morning here and I should be working. I'd rather sleep.
Skullbie at 8:13PM, Nov. 22, 2008
(online)
Strange day…very yin/yang…I liked it.

Went to hollywoodvideos:
wall-e, hellboy2, and even tropic thunder were all out/ but I get movies half price til' dec12 which is great.

Went to wallgreens:
bought my cat a laser pointer pen she goes insane over/ but while packing up i almost hit this small car speeding by. The guy inside looked like a kid who thinks the world owes him something

Coming home, 8pm:
3 police cruisers were parked at my neighbors house, very odd,i did that slow down thing everyone does for car accidents/I called my parents in Vegas and dad had gotten a royal flush winning him $1000! How cool, especially since he hates gambling.

Oh, and I'm reading ultimate spiderman now, kingpin was such a good character. Him and peters interactions are my favorite part of the whole series. (the fat jokes from spidey and kingpin being so dead-laced serious lol)
Doc oc is annoying though, i always skip his dialog.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon