Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
seventy2 at 2:57AM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
i like to be here, cause i can tell you secrets.
but there are some secrets i can't tell you.

lol. i wrote a bunch of stuff down, but alls it was, was excuses for being a bad person.
——-

1 more day of work and then a couple more days until i am home.

This battle stache will not die, until i have to go back to real work.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Ozoneocean at 4:01AM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
seventy2
i like to be here, cause i can tell you secrets.
but there are some secrets i can't tell you.
LOL! Careful, people will think you have something to do with wikileaks! O_o
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Genejoke at 5:13AM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
would that be a bad thing?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Ozoneocean at 5:17AM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
Genejoke
would that be a bad thing?
Only for Seventy2, given his job in the USAF…?
ayesinback at 6:31AM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
rant: The voice contest is Not over and ignoring it will not make it go away. YOU can make the madness stop. For just pennies a day - - - oh no, that's a different beg because the contest is Free.

moan: pleeeeeeeeeez, just go Listen. http://www.mediafire.com/
email: drunkduck100@yahoo.com
password: 100voices

rave: there's some FUN stuff! Jimmy Stewart! Boris! what might be the best Johnny Cash cover to date! what may be a duet with a cow! and “possibly the worst accent ever”!
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 8:49AM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
rant: The voice contest is Not over and ignoring it will not make it go away. YOU can make the madness stop. For just pennies a day - - - oh no, that's a different beg because the contest is Free.

moan: pleeeeeeeeeez, just go Listen. http://www.mediafire.com/
email: drunkduck100@yahoo.com
password: 100voices

rave: there's some FUN stuff! Jimmy Stewart! Boris! what might be the best Johnny Cash cover to date! what may be a duet with a cow! and “possibly the worst accent ever”!
I've sent in my guesses. I think I won!!!!!!!!
ayesinback at 10:09AM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
ayesinback
pleeeeeeeeeez
I've sent in my guesses. I think I won!!!!!!!!
And the lead has gone Down Under with a more than impressive 9 correct guesses

hint: knowing the contestants' nationalities seems to have helped Oz
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Skullbie at 3:55PM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
Bored, bored, bored, board, bored.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
skoolmunkee at 5:07PM, Dec. 11, 2010
(offline)
Skullbie
Bored, bored, bored, board, bored.

Send in voice guesses, missy!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
seventy2 at 7:44PM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
i want to do the voices listening, but i don't have time todownload! i will try by the 17th tho.
———

Selling secrets (or giving them away) is breaking several hundred laws, and legal documents i signed. i won't do it, and i'm not the wiki leaks guy.
but that is what i was getting at. and also using to justify me being a horrible person. i'm not allowed to talk with everyone else about bad things, or just everyday work things, unless i work with them. i become closer to them because i literally can tell them everything.
———–

i woke up and i have to peeeee really badly.
facara
elektro at 10:21PM, Dec. 11, 2010
(offline)
My car's exhaust pipe fell off today. The bolts used to suspend it onto the chassis either broke or rusted off. The damn thing was dragging on the road because of this, so I had to pull over. Now, my car's at some gas station for the night, and I had to have my dad pick me up and get me home. Suffice it to say, I really hate my car right now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Ozoneocean at 4:27AM, Dec. 12, 2010
(online)
elektro
My car's exhaust pipe fell off today. The bolts used to suspend it onto the chassis either broke or rusted off. The damn thing was dragging on the road because of this, so I had to pull over. Now, my car's at some gas station for the night, and I had to have my dad pick me up and get me home. Suffice it to say, I really hate my car right now.
Couldn't you just attach it back on with some chain or something then drive it home and rebolt it there?

…or is it more complicated, like the muffler and various seals and stuff being damaged etc.? I know nothing about cars you see, but I'm quite a practical person generally.

———————-
It's been a very warm day so I've got windows and doors open for the much needed and very welcome cool evening breezes…
The trouble is that those breezes bring with them both the smells of the cooking next door, BBQ of people who are relentless carnivores (enough to turn you vegetarian), and the horrible wafting stench of hot stinky sheep… that smell is blowing all the way from the port in Fremantle several kilometres away, as sheep are trucked in from rural locations hundreds of kilometres away and loaded live onto massive ships bound for Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Why the F**K they leave from the port here I have no F***ing clue! There are ports NOT near residential areas, NOT in the middle of a big city that are actually a LOT F***ing bloody closer to the damn rural areas where the horrible stinky sheep come from.
I can only imagine that F***ing politicians, F***ing shipping companies and F***ing trucking companies have done dirty little deals to keep this horrible inhumane trade where it is, stinking up the entire coast!

Grrrr… :P
elektro at 5:17AM, Dec. 12, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
Couldn't you just attach it back on with some chain or something then drive it home and rebolt it there?

That's exactly what we're going to do. It's the only way we can get it out of that gas station parking lot. I'm about to leave right now to go do just that.

EDIT: It's amazing this piece of shit car even made it home at all:

Especially considering what I drove it through:

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Aurora Borealis at 6:50AM, Dec. 12, 2010
(online)
All right. So there's a pretty big chance we don't get laid off end of the year. In fact we had it announced that there might be work until April! Hey, as long as there's no 12 hour shift anymore, the goddamn annoying bullshit thingthat is pretty much ruining my health by making me eat whatever cold things I can throw on the plate in five minutes (a microwave would come handy at this point, alas, I got none except the one in the cellphone, heh).

Still, continuing money, that's at least something. I can get my room fixed (thinking whether I should hang back the posters or just get someone good with paint to do something from my design? I'd love some nice mural based on a good piece of my art).

Speaking of my art. I keep on doodling away. Nothing more, nothing less.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
DreadfulThings at 2:17PM, Dec. 12, 2010
(offline)
ooooo - I see snow in the pics! I want some right now, just put Xmas tree up and only seeing speckles or rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Ozoneocean at 9:10PM, Dec. 12, 2010
(online)
elektro
That's exactly what we're going to do
Woot! I hope it worked.

I agree with DreadfulThings, that looks lovely!
Wish I was there.
seventy2 at 9:28PM, Dec. 12, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
I can only imagine that F***ing politicians, F***ing shipping companies and F***ing trucking companies have done dirty little deals to keep this horrible inhumane trade where it is, stinking up the entire coast!

Grrrr… :P

the companies that buy the sheep, for meat and clothing and whatever godless acts are done aren't going to be in BFE. Because the company is full of blue collar workers, and you don't have much of a selection for workers out in the desert. mmmmm dessert.
——–

I'm hoping to go off base. i'm going to drive.

I may see you guys on the other side.
facara
Ozoneocean at 9:49PM, Dec. 12, 2010
(online)
seventy2
the companies that buy the sheep, for meat and clothing and whatever godless acts are done aren't going to be in BFE. Because the company is full of blue collar workers, and you don't have much of a selection for workers out in the desert. mmmmm dessert.
BFE? Please elucidate me. :)

It's just live sheep transport- they get trucked straight from their farms to the port and then shipped live to the Middle East to be slaughtered for food when they get there. It's part of the Halal tradition… The Iranians, Saudis etc need them live when they get there so they can get cut their throats then hang them upside down while the blood drains or whatever.
The sheep are destined to die whatever the case, but the whole live transport aspect is extremely grim and pretty inhumane- packed like sardines onto hot smelly trucks for days and then packed in their hundreds of thousands onto ships for weeks at a time, squeezed together… May of them die on the journey over.
-It's even thought that increased shark attacks in the Red Sea might be due to the sheep ships exploding the shark population there by constantly feeding them with the dead carcasses they throw off.
bravo1102 at 8:21AM, Dec. 13, 2010
(offline)
You know I don't mind splitting the shift on Sundays. In fact there are some great residents I get to see on Sundays if I work after 8am. But please don't tell me till after I'm on the site after the start of my shift. It sends the message “Hey so like you're there already and like you can't leave until the relif comes so we decided to stick you with four extra hours and there ain't nothing you can do about it!”

Thanks. Of course there were 35 MPH winds and I was walking some residents out to their cars because they could have been blown down. It's easier to walk them out and take the flak for providing a service not supposed to do that blah, blah than dealing with the freaking accident and making out reports and calling the ambulance.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
lefarce at 11:44AM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
So I thought this template ad thing was temporary and would only last two weeks? Now we've got another massive one that is bright orange? Jesus christ, just make the landing page a huge ad already, its getting more obnoxious than myspace.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
frankkerr at 1:53PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(offline)
lefarce
So I thought this template ad thing was temporary and would only last two weeks? Now we've got another massive one that is bright orange? Jesus christ, just make the landing page a huge ad already, its getting more obnoxious than myspace.

Just gonna put on adblock…

MY EYES!! THE ADBLOCK DOES NOTHING!!
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
HippieVan at 2:26PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
lefarce

I was just going to complain about the same thing.
Bright orange, full page ad? Gee, thanks Wowio!
Seriously though, DD never had intrusive ads for me until Wowio took over. Now they're everywhere. The video ad is still there, and now that. At least it's not a Maxim ad any more. Cos that was totally appropriate for an all-ages webcomics site. I have nothing against ads on the site, but the front page one is quite obnoxious.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 5:01PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
Wow, first I heard of it was an e-mail complaint by Skool just now…

Very likely I shouldn't say much about what know- suffice to say it's not popular.
Skullbie at 7:14PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
Finally finished that damn comic with mspaint. I miss photoshop so much ;-;

The thing is i'm not sure what i should do with my laptop…buy a brand new 550$ laptop with inferior capabilities or buy the 350$ motherboard for my old laptop which was fairly powerful.

The problem is there's no guarantee the new motherboard will work.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Ochitsukanai at 7:53PM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
It turned out that the control for the a/c vents was broken in three places, which is why my car's been faithfully refrigerating my toes for months.

No one could figure out the mysterious high-speed engine whir though, so I'm just going to believe my engine is excitingly haunted! There are so many things wrong with this car, it has so much more personality than other cars, I love it. <3

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
itsjustaar at 12:23AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
My throat has been bugging me all week. One minute it's at it's worst, feeling like a rat literally climbed inside me and died - while the next minute it's feeling like an annoying tickle. Coughing up violently winds up making me dizzy in the end, and woozy. :/ I sure hope it's nothing serious, but it's been going on for about a week now.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
mechanical_lullaby at 9:44AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
Last year, my oldest cat died on Christmas day.
I'm glad we decided to get a new one though.

Whiskey is his name-o.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Ironscarf at 9:54AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(offline)
Skullbie
Finally finished that damn comic with mspaint. I miss photoshop so much ;-;

You went from photoshop to mspaint?

:O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
itsjustaar at 11:34AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
MSPaint's not as bad as people make it out to be, despite the simplicity of it all. xD … it hasn't changed much over the years though. :/
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
frankkerr at 2:50PM, Dec. 14, 2010
(offline)
Me and a guy I used to hang out with are now running a video game blog. Nothing exciting. Just thought I would bring it up.

As for MSpaint. Its not that bad as long as you can use it well enough. Its just simplistic and there are a lot of better programs even free ones.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon