Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
Skullbie at 3:42PM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
My sj comic just got a bunch of hits but i can't tell where they're coming from, gah. Hmm i still haven't put that comic up here on DD. When i made it DD was farting its lung out during the server move.

Just watched the bizarro seaslab 2021 episode. God that shit cracks me up.
Bizzaro cracks me up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Ozoneocean at 6:43PM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
It depends what you want to do with your artwork. MS paint could suit certain styles to a tee. I remember that when I did some colab work with Katch she'd do amazing little quick gestural sketches in MS paint!
Better than I could do in Photoshop.
mechanical_lullaby
Whiskey is his name-o.
What a cute kitty!!!!!!!!!

Skullbie
Just watched the bizarro seaslab 2021 episode. God that shit cracks me up.
Bizzaro cracks me up.
I got that for my sister for her birthday a couple of years ago. We laughed our arses off.

—————–

Sooooooooo tired… feel like death. I got my normal 6 hours sleep, so it must be something else. I suspect it's the non-drowsy sinus medication I took yesterday. Stuff that picks you up tends to drop you down 3 times as hard later on.

I tried to get to bed early at 1am, but my cat came in wanting to play, so what could I do? :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Skullbie at 7:01PM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
You went from photoshop to mspaint?

:O
It's like wrecking your mustang and having to use a horse drawn carriage with a real mustang ;-;
itsjustaar
MSPaint's not as bad as people make it out to be, despite the simplicity of it all. xD … it hasn't changed much over the years though. :/
If you're used to having layers, being able to center your text(!), being able to edit text after you inserted it, and all that other stuff that seems like the basics of an image editing program it kind of is. >_>

But Oz is right that some styles look amazing in mspaint.
Bizzaro
HippieVan at 8:29PM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
Last year, my oldest cat died on Christmas day.
I'm glad we decided to get a new one though.

Whiskey is his name-o.

Looks like my cat!

: )
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Genejoke at 6:27AM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
Someone
Finally finished that damn comic with mspaint. I miss photoshop so much ;-;

The thing is i'm not sure what i should do with my laptop…buy a brand new 550$ laptop with inferior capabilities or buy the 350$ motherboard for my old laptop which was fairly powerful.

The problem is there's no guarantee the new motherboard will work.

get a new desktop instead, if that's an option, more scope for fixing and upgrading.

also why mspaint? paint.net is free and does a lot of what photoshop does.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
ayesinback at 8:45AM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
It's like my life has borrowed a chapter from Dickens, GREAT EXPECTATIONS maybe.

I'm freezing cold (because they've left the door open to the outside and it's 27 f'n F degrees). Everything in the house is covered with dust because they've been sanding for three days. We're coughing like we have consumption. And we can't get to our food because the kitchen is blocked off.

the #@#$W$#@$$# joys of an inept kitchen contractor

changing Dicksonian characters: “Please, sir, I want some more.”

Give me DISTRACTION!!! Send in voice guesses!! Please, I'm a nice person. I need help. GOD, no!!! they've just started up the buzz saw again.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 9:21AM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
Give me DISTRACTION!!! Send in voice guesses!! Please, I'm a nice person. I need help.
They're intimidated because they know they can't beat my awesome guesses ^________^
ayesinback at 10:05AM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
They're intimidated because they know they can't beat my awesome guesses ^________^

Ah! The awesomely Ozsum that is ozoneocean :)

(do not be intimidated peoples)

seriously, I'm so cold my hands are shaking. I'm finding new realms of ludicrous as I try to ink my page
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Skullbie at 1:04PM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
Genejoke
also why mspaint? paint.net is free and does a lot of what photoshop does.
Haha i actually downloaded that and it wouldn't install on this computer. Looking for an older ver now.

So last night something awesome happened to me. I was trying to fall alseep but couldn't because of the sharp, nasty smell of burning wood seeping in from outside. So i finally gave up and angrily got out of bed and tried to find something to do until the smell went away. Then i started writing and i made a great short comic plot in no time at all, this one just flew together and i'm gonn use it as my next story. Usually it takes me a lot longer to think up something good.

But it was pretty cool. Maybe i should try writing half asleep with nasty turd wood wafting in more often. :)
KomradeDave at 1:11PM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
I just spent a good deal of time shoulder deep in my daughter's heating vent with a short stick, to the end of which was attached a hangar, because there has been no warm air going into her room since we moved in and the maintenance folks are some sort of level 15 jerkoffs.

There was a purple towel in the duct. I have never owned a purple towel, so I can only assume it was stuffed in there by the previous residents. The question I find myself asking involves the how and why a person would stuff a towel into the duct, and then push it an additional 4 or so feet. It's maddening.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, likeā€¦ tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Ozoneocean at 4:28PM, Dec. 15, 2010
(online)
itsjustaar at 2:09AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
Today I was pulled over by cops who mistook me for someone else. What makes this really hilarious is that they went for the guy with the wrong description; Susan, an older woman I know who runs the Dos Palos Bronco Video store, called in for a guy who was apparently on a dope high and spazzing out in front of her place. I walked around her place (presumably, I think, the same path said guy took), and the cops busted me instead.

Not only did I waste 30 minutes of my time looking like a complete fool, but the cops were pretty rough on me. They were called in to look for a guy wearing a white shirt, black jersey, and stuff like that.

I was walking around with my music up, a yellow sweater with a Tom and Jerry shirt, black leather jacket. I'm not sure how that could have passed off for a bearded kid either, considering I shaved my beard about four hours prior.

Considering that DP resident cops have gone through more fumbles like Steve Guttenberg in all seven Police Acadamy films, I'm not surprised they'd goof up another time. It pissed me off for awhile, but now I think I've never laughed so hard.

“Naruto, you say? Must be gang related, like the XIV.”

Sure. Gotcha.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Ironscarf at 4:37AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
KomradeDave
There was a purple towel in the duct. I have never owned a purple towel, so I can only assume it was stuffed in there by the previous residents. The question I find myself asking involves the how and why a person would stuff a towel into the duct, and then push it an additional 4 or so feet. It's maddening.

Sounds like there was a bag of stolen cash wrapped in the purple towel and when they hooked out the bag, the towel stayed behind. But you never owned a purple towel? Come on KD, live a little - get purple bath towels, a matching hand towel - hell, while you're at it, treat yourself to a purple bath mat too!

Is it me or does DrunkDuck load really, really slowly now? It's so slow for me I don't have the patience to look through the forums anymore. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Ozoneocean at 7:09AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
SAY anything…? He looks over at them, sees the slashed seats and then it dawns on him why and he goes “…Oh!”
And finally the knife kids get what's coming to them.

But all the while I was in a delicate situation… retaliation could've been nasty.

Ironscarf
Is it me or does DrunkDuck load really, really slowly now? It's so slow for me I don't have the patience to look through the forums anymore. :(
I think it was just slow this afternoon. It's not so bad now :)
skoolmunkee at 8:13AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
Hey guys, look what I found. :] http://kotaku.com/5713904/the-mass-effect-activity-and-coloring-book
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Ozoneocean at 9:33AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
Hey guys, look what I found. :] http://kotaku.com/5713904/the-mass-effect-activity-and-coloring-book
Now who was that done by…

^_^
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:58AM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
So that was what? …three (ish) weeks?

Well I may be staying around for a while because I might be losing internet in a while.

And skool-you're awesome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Skullbie at 12:19PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
Holy crap that is so amazing. I bet Bioware is laughing their asses off as well, I'm gonna print it out when i head to the library :D
skoolmunkee at 12:35PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
I did get an email from a guy at Bioware saying they thought it was awesome. :] Apparently it's hit reddit now and the gal who offered to host it is getting slammed, it's been almost 500gb worth of downloads today. fifteen minutes of internet celebrity~~
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Salsa at 1:59PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
Grats Skool. I saw who the forum goer was and just busted out laughing.

I also wanted to make sure that You and Ozone know I appreciate the help with coding that template, which by the way, now comes in Vanilla!

A few things I found out while doing this.

-I actually like how Expression web does the code. I don't think there's any bloat besides what you put in there yourself.

-Fighting CSS is a pain, good thing version 3 (yes I went through 3 versions of this) includes all the things I learned while doing this.

-I code like most people play games. “Just one more try!” turns into going to bed a 4 in the morning. 0_o

Oh and it is SO good to be home for Chirstmas!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
kyupol at 2:41PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
I've seen what a part of what hell looks like. Standing on the gates of hell watching it gave me nightmares.

Now you can take that literally or figuratively. It doesnt matter. Hell is Hell.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
frankkerr at 2:52PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
kyupol
I've seen what a part of what hell looks like. Standing on the gates of hell watching it gave me nightmares.

Now you can take that literally or figuratively. It doesnt matter. Hell is Hell.

Someones been to Northern Ireland.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
seventy2 at 2:53PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
I've won the lottery.

but not like the multi million dollar thing. i guess someone somewhere donated money to deployed people, and now i'm getting something or other. i have no idea. i wasn't supposed to be home, so my wife was going to pick it up, but now i have to go to some weird banquet and stuff.
last time the wife embarrassed me by making the hand jerking motion, while they introduced and then fluffed up a general. while everyone was thinking it, she has a little less tact.
the guy presenting is the same as previous said.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Genejoke at 3:30PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
frankkerr
kyupol

Sounds more like London.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
HippieVan at 4:28PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
Genejoke
frankkerr
kyupol

Sounds more like London.

Come live where I live for a few years, then tell me London is hell. >: (

Not that I think it's hell where I live, I suppose, it's just not a very nice place to be. Certainly yuckier than London.
frankkerr at 5:01PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
Hippie Van
Genejoke
Sounds more like London.

Come live where I live for a few years, then tell me London is hell. >: (

Not that I think it's hell where I live, I suppose, it's just not a very nice place to be. Certainly yuckier than London.

Which means I win.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
Ozoneocean at 5:05PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
Everyone should see Skool's masterpiece Mass Effect colouring book!
Salsa
Grats Skool. I saw who the forum goer was and just busted out laughing.

I also wanted to make sure that You and Ozone know I appreciate the help with coding that template, which by the way, now comes in Vanilla!
Fantastic work man! :)
frankkerr
kyupol
LOL!
Hippie Van
Nooooooo, surely Canada is the land of magical polar bear faeries?

seventy2
last time the wife embarrassed me by making the hand jerking motion, while they introduced and then fluffed up a general. while everyone was thinking it, she has a little less tact.
She sounds… dittzy?
…like Golide Hawn from the 70s.
kyupol at 7:08PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
And you know what… I think the Bible got it wrong.

Cuz the way I've seen it, demons didnt come first before Hell. Its more like Hell comes first before the demons. Its more like Hell is the place where demons are born.

Take that literally or figuratively. It works both ways. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
frankkerr at 7:21PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(offline)
kyupol
And you know what… I think the Bible got it wrong.

Cuz the way I've seen it, demons didnt come first before Hell. Its more like Hell comes first before the demons. Its more like Hell is the place where demons are born.

Take that literally or figuratively. It works both ways. lol!

Or Hollywood.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
HippieVan at 7:22PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
Hippie Van
Nooooooo, surely Canada is the land of magical polar bear faeries?

No, Canada is general is lovely! Just the particular city I live in is a bit run-down. Homeless problem, lack of culture, terrible weather, lack of diversity, etc.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon