Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
seventy2 at 9:31PM, Dec. 28, 2010
(online)
a story setting is taking place. i'm not going to write it down. it'll be forgotten in time.

how come evil people are always portrayed in dark evil places? or if they're set in a brightly lit room, they contrast. you know from the beginning who the evil one will be in the room.

i want to write a story to change that.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:02AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(offline)
@72: Make them into a unicorn. No one will see it coming.

So I bought:
Smashing Pumpkins (Greatest Hits)
Rush (2112 AND Permanent Waves :D )
Blue Oyster Cult (Greatest Hits)
Gorillaz
The xx
The Used (Artwork)

And they all are…meh. The only two that are entirely awesome are the Smashing Pumpkins (but it's their greatest hits so that's a duh) and Gorillaz (very surprisingly to me-wasn't expecting much but the hits off it).

It really sucks for me that I have to buy music years after it's been out because I've only just been introduced to some of it.
For example: The first FULL Beatles song I heard didn't occur until late last year.
I was deprived musically for a long time-being that I listened to the music my MOM listened to.
That's pretty bad.

That's my only rant for now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
HippieVan at 7:20AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(online)
@1337: I don't normally like greatest hits albums. They're great for when you're just getting into a band, or only want to listen to them casually, but for bands you like I think it's better hearing the full album. A lot of the bands I really like(the Beatles, for example) have their albums arranged in very specific and cool ways. It can be a really neat experience hearing the full thing.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:27AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(offline)
Hippie Van
@1337: I don't normally like greatest hits albums. They're great for when you're just getting into a band, or only want to listen to them casually, but for bands you like I think it's better hearing the full album. A lot of the bands I really like(the Beatles, for example) have their albums arranged in very specific and cool ways. It can be a really neat experience hearing the full thing.
I only do it when I need to make sure I do like a band.
But I agree with the bleh feeling about GH albums.
I buy a full album usually when it only has one song I know on it and another song on the album usually ends up being my favorite. (Like The Racontuers or Gorillaz ).
seventy2 at 4:07PM, Dec. 29, 2010
(online)
i am in the middle of opening a harddrive i haven't been into for over 4 years. MWAHAHAHAHAHAA. life was so different then. i'll keep you updated. maybe even put some photo's on the people thread.

also, it's someones turn to start thinking about the future (ie the 2011 drunk duck (rant moan and rave) and (people picture thread))
———-

expidetion log 1:
failure, only picked up 1 picture, that i didn't already have. nothing else of use.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
kyupol at 5:46PM, Dec. 29, 2010
(online)
two crazy girls I dated so far in my life.

1) She actually believed the kyuubi in naruto really exists. Dont make jokes about it. Pisses her off. And this girl was obsessed with dragons and other weird shit like doing satanic rituals in a gravesite just so her brother would become demon possessed. And demons are NOT “evil”. They are friendly if you respect them.

2) She actually believed she's a literal angel… and that she was involved in the killing of the egyptian first born as described in the bible. But then again, she says God doesnt exist and Christianity got it wrong about the angels.

Why me… why me… :(

Or maybe I can look at it in another way… that I've dated a demon and an angel. I've descended into hell then ascended into heaven and now I'm seated… in a chair in front of a computer screen typing this. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:30PM, Dec. 29, 2010
(offline)
kyupol
Or maybe I can look at it in another way… that I've dated a demon and an angel. I've descended into hell then ascended into heaven and now I'm seated… in a chair in front of a computer screen typing this. lol!
You're a trooper.

My dad's in the hospital because he's got a kidney stone and I think I'm going insane.
In the bad not funny way.
Yet I refuse to let myself leave the internet or change myself at all so I guess it's my fault.

More importantly here's my DWC Secret Santa Gift for Same.
The art might be meh but I think he'll like it.
HippieVan at 10:10PM, Dec. 29, 2010
(online)
It's midnight and the sky is bright orange…eerie. Was just walking around the house and it's enough light to see by, very cool.

Edit: It just started lightly snowing. Wish I could find my proper camera because it's just beautiful.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
bravo1102 at 2:00AM, Dec. 30, 2010
(offline)
Thirty-six inches of snow and four days later the clean-up is shoddy and driving has become a long term commitment with every trip consisting of detours and three tiems as long as it needs to be. If you don't feel safe driving faster than 5-10 miles per hour you shouldn't be driving. Leave the traveling to those of us with vehicles capable of traversing poor roads.

Now I have a looooong weekend at work to look forward to. Everyone just has to take off or not show up and I get to labor forever. I did the 48 hour shift over two days already can't I get a break?

Whatever happened to six inches of snow, eight inches of snow, why is every snow fall now suddenly measured in feet?

When did I move to Siberia?

A winter wonderland is six inches of snow, three feet of snow is frozen tundra.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
PIT_FACE at 9:14AM, Dec. 30, 2010
(online)
off to Kansas to see my honey in a few hours, cant wait! gonna see some shows, get drunk and watch Dragon Ball Z (dude, ya gotta rock the dragon,right?)
also celebratin cuz i passed Fire 2! whole class did, so hell, means i gotta tack a few more brews onto the celebratory inebriation, not to mention the launch of Brave Resistance. yes sir, feeling good….cant help but think im flying a little too close to the sun….FUCK IT! i'll worry about it when i crash n burn, i'm enjoying m'self!

and i was pretty scarece these last few weeks so happy belated christmas to all you duckers and see ya in 2011.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
AQua_ng at 4:00PM, Dec. 30, 2010
(offline)
Urgh Christmas, for all the joyful festivities you bring and all things you give, why did you take away my worth ethic? I feel bad for the guys who have to return to the old 9 to 5 this week. I'm not sure if my body would be able to take it.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
frankkerr at 4:26PM, Dec. 30, 2010
(offline)
I am now a furry.

Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Ochitsukanai at 5:07PM, Dec. 30, 2010
(online)
frankkerr
I am now a furry.
Oh, I'll join you, Dappervark! I am now catasaurus.

Oh wait I mean meow meow meow roarrrrr

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Skullbie at 7:59PM, Dec. 30, 2010
(online)
It is FREEZING outside, snow all over the place and the insides of my windows are frosted over 0_0 I feel bad for our outside cat but he doesn't like being inside for some reason. I'd force him to stay indoors but he yowls.

And i can't believe i went back to gaia after being permabanned. -_- And still spending money on their addicting gambling items. Takes a special kind of tard.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
chinchatcomics at 12:57AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
Skullbie
It is FREEZING outside, snow all over the place and the insides of my windows are frosted over 0_0 I feel bad for our outside cat but he doesn't like being inside for some reason. I'd force him to stay indoors but he yowls.

And i can't believe i went back to gaia after being permabanned. -_- And still spending money on their addicting gambling items. Takes a special kind of tard.

At least you're getting snow…it's bloody cold here and when I left my house to take out the trash I couldn't feel my legs when I came back in. Living by the ocean has its disadvantages in the winter (ie wet cold but no snow).

And also I feel like a loner for having no plans for NYE yet, so I might just end up watching episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog all night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:42AM
Aurora Borealis at 4:16AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
INKING!

So far inking progress… day one: failed attempt at inking story #1 and then two pages of story #2… day two four pages of story #2 (completed)…
day three second attempt at story #1 (all four pages completed)
days four and five, each day two pages of story #3

So overall: 14 inked 24 to go.
- - -

WEATHER!

It's -6C outside, there's enough snow to reach your knees… buuuuut if you stay on the beaten path (of the trampled snow) it feels much lower. It's only when you stray off it and step into the loose untouched snow you will see how deep it is really.

Overall we're faring better than the rest of country in the levels of snow for we get the northern winds from over the baltic sea (thus bringing in salty air, less snow/warmer) whereas the most of the country is mostly in the reach of eastern arctic-like blasts flying from russia and stuff.

Of course not everything's perfect. While the largeish distance from the sea softens the impact, we still get these chilly winds that feel like your skin is peeling off whenever they blow.

So much for the weather update.
- - -
GOALS!

Today's goal: ink at least two more pages.

2011's goals:
1) publish second issue of Coilstar Illustrated and a b&w graphic novel. More if possible..
2) draw at least 300 complete pages of comics…

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Ozoneocean at 4:39AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
Wow.
It's only getting hotter here.

I'm usually sleeping during the hotest parts of the day and working on my drawings at night instead. Now I'm on holiday I'm free to do that :)

Finished our 11th Quackcast last night, last one of 2010! That'll go up on Tuesday as usual… And I sound like a f*cking dork in it. As usual.

Whew, Last day of 2010!!!!!!!! Funny, because I don't really celebrate new years. I also think starting new rant threads and pic threads totally ruins the momentum… but it will happen again, if only because of the thread title being out of date >.<

Anyway, the week after next week's Quackcast will be ssooooooooper spay-shall! We have a surprise planned.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
skoolmunkee at 6:24AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
I am sad that my 2 week holiday is almost over! It was nice but I didn't get as many books read or whatever as I would like. Lots of naps though, some nice meals, all of that. :] However I am probably going to jealously guard the few days I have left and try to avoid the internet and stuff… just to feel like I am getting the most out of my time off as I can. Next year is gonna be busy at work.

No plans for new year's eve, I don't see it as a big deal really. I might watch a movie or something and I think I have a bottle of wine left I could mull up. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:45AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
frankkerr
I am now a furry.
So am I

My dad had to get surgery yesterday to get rid of a kidney stone.

I went over my friends and played chess and made me question my Star Wars knowledge to be less than good in Trivial Pursuit.

…can someone help me get better at chess?
Genejoke at 6:48AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
So 2010 is just about finished. well damn. I started doing comics in april and have done the better part of 300 pages, I think that's pretty good.
My aims for next year? lose a lot of weight and make some awesome comics.

I want to have Cubicle finished before january is through as well as finish the all saints interlude I am doing for mid month. both I think a very achievable.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Ozoneocean at 9:59AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
Jeeeeebus that Alec Baldwan pic… Eyuk! Tom Sellack looked OK and pretty manly with a hairy chest, but Alec there just looks deformed. And it's funny that we think of people with hairy chests as “ape-like” (I do anyway), when that's where apes and monkeys tend to have the least hair or none at all.
Actually, ALL the places humans can tend to get more hair than anywhere else, Apes have bladish spots.

…We've been stealing their hair!!!!!!!!
Or a least Alec has.

I don't have a real rant, my drawing is going sucky so I'm distracted…

Why is it people can't tell the difference between ponytails and pigtails?
Ponytail: hair tied and left to fall loose.
Pigtail: hair plated/braided and tied off at the end.
It's very simple… they're both named after the animal tails they resemble. If you get that wrong you are a moron.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Skullbie at 10:14AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
My 2011 goals:
1. Finish 1st comic by February, or at least get all inking/roughs done.
2. Complete cool fantasy 2nd comic and prepare for longer storytelling.
3. Brush cats teeth more.

optional: Find writer to work with on short story

—————-

I'm wondering if I should just make my comic mature and add some nudity/fanservice or try to keep it teen…I mean i don't see any advantage to having it be rated M but i guess the story gets kind of mature at points.
That and skullbie wants to draw dem boobies
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:54AM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
Bet my Sig is too big right now.

I will fix it if it is.

I would like the admins to look at this:

http://www.drunkduck.com/blehble/index.php

Peace,
skoolmunkee at 1:13PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
Yes, it's too big. Come on man, that's easy to check, don't do the whole “I'll change it when you tell me” thing.

The ratings are there to warn viewers. :] But if you're underage and MAKING an a-rating comic, you don't really need to be informed about it, do you? You're pretty much consenting to whatever's in there because you did it. (Actually, they used to be locked out of any M and A comics they made, which got changed at one point because someone couldn't access their own M comic.)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:05PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
I still think it's a problem.
kyupol at 4:53PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
If somebody tells you they are incapable of betrayal and you believe it, well…

I think I can sell you the moon… or jupiter… or saturn… or the andromeda galaxy… for a million bucks. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
skoolmunkee at 5:11PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(offline)
Sorry 1337, you're going to have to explain that one to me because I don't get how it's a problem.

Goodbye old thread, goodbye, farewell, goodbye *waves lacy handkerchief*
IT'S OLD BATMAN
lefarce at 11:47PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
Nobody locked this thread so I'm gonna make the last post in it, hah eat my fuc

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon