Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
amanda at 10:23AM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
I'm taking on a huge project of formatting all our employees' resumes, and I'm getting to see first-hand how they originally set their own up. Wow, guys. To get things to line up properly, you use tabs and indents… not the return key and space bar.

I would pull out my hair and/or cry, but it wouldn't help anything. *sigh*
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
seventy2 at 2:24PM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
i took a hearing test today…turns out, i have mild hearing loss. i gotta go back and retake the test tomorrow to make sure it wasnt the headsets i was on, or a fluke.

that's my left side. on the right side, most the numbers improved!! yay!!
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
lba at 2:32PM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
I finally decided to suck it up, swallow my pride and go to the career counselor at school for help with finding a job or even an internship. Now, all of a sudden, just having sat down with someone and talked through a plan and having to tell someone what I want to be doing, I feel a lot less anxious and shitty about my career choice. For a while there, I was starting to get all mopey and despondent about being an illustrator. I'm still kind of thinking I wouldn't mind going back for another degree once I've got this one, but I feel more like I made the right choice now. It's amazing what just sitting down and even starting on thinking about a plan can do to make you feel better about your prospects.

Now if I could just get some extra cash to get internet at home, I'd be like a tap-dancing happy little kid.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Ozoneocean at 11:21PM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
amanda
To get things to line up properly, you use tabs and indents… not the return key and space bar.
Sounds truly horrid T_T
lba
Now, all of a sudden, just having sat down with someone and talked through a plan and having to tell someone what I want to be doing, I feel a lot less anxious and shitty about my career choice. For a while there, I was starting to get all mopey and despondent about being an illustrator.
I never really decided for sure what I wanted to do, just had some vague hope about illustration or graphic design… Apart from that I pretend that it wasn't an issue and ignored it for as long as I could. Because I'm lazy. In the end the work mostly found me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Aurora Borealis at 1:43AM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
I know what I want to do. Too bad comics aren't a good career choice where I live. Not locally anyway. People here work on comics for the privilege of being published and are happy when their “hobby” manages to pay off their art supplies. Print jobs of 100-500 copies are a norm. Lucky one who can push 1000 or 2000 books.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my stuff to pop up on Indyplanet :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
gullas at 3:55AM, Jan. 13, 2010
(offline)
am downloading Eve Online right now… only three hours remaining XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Ozoneocean at 5:52AM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
Well I'm on my way to getting the full evening dress white Tie look, as exemplified by Fred Astair…

I know have a total of 3 tophats: 2 silk hard shells and one silk folding style. This last one (silk hard shell) actually fits nicely! The other two were too small.
I have a 1930s vintage tailcoat, it fits beautifully and the condition is great! I have the white tie and I can actually tie it! (I amaze myself). I have the white backless waistcoat and I even have button braces!
Just need the toruses, bib shirt and shiny patent leather shoes…
Maybe a silver topped ebony cane too…?
Also a white silk scarf.

Then what? Obsess over some other costume I suppose @______________@

I'm still getting the Hussar one right. The other day I got a vintage Italian palace guard's cross-belt and pouch. The gold wire ribbon is a bit stained but it's generally pretty good., with nice decoration in silver. I'd like to replace the gold wire ribbon with silver, but I don't want to alter it too much because it's an antique… :(
Plus, I've no idea how to put the a silver one on it without doing it badly. Man I NEED expert help T_T
amanda at 11:38AM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
I am jealous of Ozone's hat collection. =[ That is my rant.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
lba at 2:38PM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
I never really decided for sure what I wanted to do, just had some vague hope about illustration or graphic design… Apart from that I pretend that it wasn't an issue and ignored it for as long as I could. Because I'm lazy. In the end the work mostly found me.

See, I have a slightly more specific notion of what I want to do which is toy design and illustration work for industrial design application, meaning stuff like designing images to be put onto objects like packaging or the graphics on stuff like snowboards, skateboards, tables, wall screens, etc. That's what usually gets me feeling down is the realization that I have no clue if there even is any sort of job title that remotely reflects what I want to do or how to get there. I tried the “ignore it until something works itself out” method, but as laid back as I am I have this unfortunate disease where when I want something I get impatient with waiting for it to come.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
seventy2 at 2:40PM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
i'm running the man test tomorrow. the following are the minimums:

500m swim: 11:30 (no problem)
1-1/2 mile run: 10:22 (problem)
pull ups: 6 (ify)
Sit ups 2 minutes: 45 (for breakfast)
push ups 2 minutes: 45 (the problem i've had since i started training)

if anything it will set a new baseline for me to know where i'm at. for my own purposes, i want to pass this 2 times in a row, before i go to the recruiter and ask him to officially administer it.
facara
HippieVan at 3:51PM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
Went out to the organic grocery store and found myself some flavoured chips without MSG…“wild onion and yogurt”. I haven't had chips in a good six months at least, and they are freaking delicious. MMmmmm, can't stop eating them.
Also got some coconut milk ice cream bars and samosas. Yay!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
elmatto at 4:06PM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
I had been home for christmas break to see some friends. Last sunday, I get a call from my girlfriend who's back in springfield where I go to school. School started on monday. She had taken some clothes she had borrowed back to my apartment and when she got inside saw that everything was stacked on top of my bed. The floor was utterly soaked.
Apparently while I had been away the sprinkler on the outside of the building exploded into my building and flooded the apartment.
Luckily, the only things that were badly damaged were some comic books, and perhaps my bed. There was so much moisture in the air my bed may of soaked it all up. And you definitely dont want to sleep on a bed that has had excessive moisture inside it. Regardless my entire apartment smelled of mildew. I had to spend monday moving all my shit into a temporary apartment that they had moved me to.
The thing that pisses me off about this, is that this happened saturday. So they essentially let all my shit soak and didn't bother to call me. Instead they left a fucking note for me. Had it not been for my girlfriend I would have never of known. Whats more, classes started on monday, and I would of came back to a soaking apartment and nowhere to live or put my things.
Fucking incompetence.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Skullbie at 4:33PM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
So booooored T_T I guess i could….read a book. But about werewolves or something, nothing educational.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Lonnehart at 2:44AM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
I was getting pretty bored for my two days off. Then I find out that a new DLC for my game came out and I downloaded it. Now I got one thing to say about it…

Look, Ma! No windshield!!! :)

And I always gotta put in a scenic view as well… :)

Now I don't feel so bored anymo….

*swats and flattens a mosquito on his arm*

…anymore.

and if you're wondering, that's the Lotus Two-Eleven
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Aurora Borealis at 4:31AM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
The wait is becoming unbearably painful. I can't stop myself from checking ka-blam every ten minutes even though I know it's still middle of the night over there and no one's going to be adding books after working hours. Yet here I am checking and checking and checking rather than work on something new… The good news are it seemed to have progressed a little as they withdrew 20$ from my earnings for the two barcodes needed for Comicsmonkey (thus putting me 13$ in the red. First few sales will go to fix that I guess). So I'm guessing… they have the barcodes but still need to put them on the back covers? Seriously, this wait is killing me… I hate that part.

- - - - -

Cars in racing games = irrelevant.

I always choose the bumper cam view if possible (even though it affects my driving skills negatively by cutting down the visibility), thus the look/type of the car becomes irrelevant.
seventy2 at 5:38AM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
Drumroll please….in order, specified as above my numbers are

(forgot to mention this one) 2 seperate lenghts of the pool underwater. check
10:39
10:17
……..47!!!!

I PASSED! i don't know how many of you guys know how it feels….but it feels excellent to finally reach a goal after 8 months…especially when some people are telling you it's not doable for you….

i'll give it to myself again, next thursday….if i pass that,then i'll call the recruiter and have him administer it within the following 2 weeks of that.

i forgot to take an extra set of underwear so i could shower at the gym and go to work. Did you know it's actually illegal to wear your uniform without underwear? i mean, no one will actually check if i'm commando, but it's in the rules that i could get punished for it.
facara
Ozoneocean at 6:15AM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
Congrats Seventy! :)
seventy2
Did you know it's actually illegal to wear your uniform without underwear? i mean, no one will actually check if i'm commando,
So commandos can't go commando? O_O

seventy2
but it's in the rules that i could get punished for it.
Don't tell me… Bare bottom spanking, right? ^^
lothar at 6:54AM, Jan. 14, 2010
(offline)
skreem
Today, whilst avoiding the snow, has mostly been spent being impressed, by a chicken.A wikipedia chicken
It tells the tale of a mike, a chicken who became minus most of his head in a chopping incident. Who then went on to tour the country doing personal appearances gigs before choking to death on his own vomit in a hotel room.

Now that is one f*cking ROCK AND ROLL CHICKEN!

i heard about that chicken before. too bad he died but i guess he would be about 80 years old by now. headless chickens dont live that long do they ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Aurora Borealis at 10:18AM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
Don't tell me… Bare bottom spanking, right? ^^
Ooh, I'm joining straight away then!
Lonnehart at 12:44PM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
Aurora Borealis
Cars in racing games = irrelevant.

I always choose the bumper cam view if possible (even though it affects my driving skills negatively by cutting down the visibility), thus the look/type of the car becomes irrelevant.

This is true for me when racing offline. However, when racing online I do like to stand out. So I like using my own painted cars when the lobby I'm in permits it. :)

oh… I didn't make that paint. I bought it via the inline game storefront which sells paintjobs for all sorts of cars. :)
skoolmunkee at 1:38PM, Jan. 14, 2010
(offline)
Ugh, I've just got back from a 2-day work trip. I'm very annoyed and exhausted and I have a bunch of tasks I have to catch up on… but they're not going to get done until tomorrow morning, if I'm lucky (I won't be, some people at work have said they need to call me which sounds like my whole morning will be phone meetings). I'm hungry and tired and I've cut (or something) the white part of one of my eyes so it's really irritated and bloodshot and has a funny lump and I want to go to bed. but I can't go to bed til I've eaten (it is cooking now, hooray microwave potato). hopefully my eye will be fine ‘til I can get in to an eye doctor sometime tomorrow.

Anyway I have a ton of news waiting but because I didn’t get it done tuesday night it will just have to wait til friday now. T_T
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Lonnehart at 1:45PM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
I've cut (or something) the white part of one of my eyes so it's really irritated and bloodshot and has a funny lump and I want to go to bed. but I can't go to bed til I've eaten (it is cooking now, hooray microwave potato). hopefully my eye will be fine 'til I can get in to an eye doctor sometime tomorrow.

You cut something on your eyeball? That's something I would always have looked by a doctor right away. You never know what it could be.

My VA doc gave me a lot of nightmare stories about eyes, most of which weren't related to my Diabetes type II…

VA = Veteran's Administration
I Am The 1337 Master at 1:51PM, Jan. 14, 2010
(offline)
Skullbie
So booooored T_T I guess i could….read a book. But about werewolves or something, nothing educational.
New moon. Jk. The Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King. I don't know…

I actually was just about to post about a few books myself by…Stephen King. No not Under the Dome (yet), his older stuff that I'm just reading now. I finished The Green Mile about a week ago, the first book I've had the time to finish in a long time and I also finished On Writing…two days ago. Both were really interesting and for some reason I really want to tell people to go read him. Right now I'm reading The Shining and LOVING IT.

…that is all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
mishi_hime at 7:05PM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
elmatto
Luckily, the only things that were badly damaged were some comic books, and perhaps my bed.

I hope they compensate you. I'd be pissed if my stuff was ruined and I had to move on top of it.
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
The Gravekeeper at 11:09PM, Jan. 14, 2010
(offline)
My small intestine has decided to rebel against me. Ungrateful bastard.

And since this is the “Rant, Moan and Rave” thread: MMMOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn….
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
skoolmunkee at 12:06AM, Jan. 15, 2010
(offline)
Lonnehart
You cut something on your eyeball? That's something I would always have looked by a doctor right away. You never know what it could be.
Yeah, but I have been out of town for 2 days and no eye doctors are open in the evening, so there wasn't anything I could do. It sounded/looked worse than it felt. I'm pretty sure it was just a tear in the little clear ‘skin’ layer of my eye, because the day before I'd been rubbing it a lot because it was bothering me. Mostly I was worried it would mess up my lasik somehow.

This morning I woke up though and it is completely better. No funny lump (which I assumed was the bit of torn-up layer), not all bloody looking anymore, no irritation or anything. So I think I won't bother. Leaving it alone for 24 hours seems to have done the trick.

Still have to do the phone meetings, DD news and backed up work today though. :D And go to costco if I have time…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Scribe_Drizz at 12:12AM, Jan. 15, 2010
(online)
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, Skoolmunkee. It happened to me the very first time I tried contacts. Whenever there is a lot of dust or pollen, that eye will get very irritated and kind of peel off clear-white stuff. I hope your eye doesn't bother you for long.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Lonnehart at 12:26AM, Jan. 15, 2010
(online)
I'd still have it checked anyway. Don't want to take chances with your eyesight. Especially since you've had your eyes cut with a laser…

Not being paranoid here. It's the advice my doctor gave me when he checked my eyes the first time.
Ozoneocean at 12:49AM, Jan. 15, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
I've cut (or something) the white part of one of my eyes so it's really irritated and bloodshot and has a funny lump
The sclera has a lot of very visible little blood vessels. Often if the eyes are open too long, or if you're not getting enough sleep, or under stress, one or other can burst for some reason (or a tleast that is what I've always been told has happened when it happens to me). It STINGS like a cut or something that's been poked into the surface of your eye, and makes it all ugly and red around that area. It's not dangerous to vision though because it's no where near the lens, and it tends to heal up itself after a day or two.
…Like it appears to have done in your case :)

—————
My holidays end today… back to work on Monday. Shiz -_-
No more getting up at 4pm in the afternoon.
Shiz.
lothar at 1:07AM, Jan. 15, 2010
(offline)
i didnt know they had costco in Britain
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon