Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
BffSatan at 10:56PM, Jan. 16, 2010
(online)
EmilyTheStrange
lothar
also im annoyed that that other thread was locked before i had a chance to tell that idiot to shuttup ! seriously , how do full grown adults with the brains of a twelve year old survive in society ???

That was my Friday night entertainment! I was sad to see it go.
Oh don't worry, judging by his history with other sites he will be back to create more drama sooner or later.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:56AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
One day me and my mom go to the store and we find out that her bank account is in the neg by $200. My mom has no money and we are out of food, cat food and liter so I must of the money I've saved up for the stuff. Now we are out of money and getting low on food. When this stuff happens my mom just keeps saying I don't know what I can do. It seems like this is happening too much now a days. I mean whenever I save up money some thing happens that makes me spend it on food or bills my mom can't afford. I already give most of my money to her so we don't get this bad. I love her but I'm starting to feel like my mom is dragging me down and that is a horrible feeling to have towards one's mother. T.T

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
skoolmunkee at 2:13AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
lothar
also im annoyed that that other thread was locked

OK, ok- I don't think we need to revive it. :] The whole thing was getting out of hand and I didn't like the way everything was getting a little more hostile the longer it went on. We are trying to work things out in PQ but there are a couple things which slightly complicate it.

I feel like I wasted my saturday (not on drunkduck, just in general), and now that it's sunday I feel like I dont' have a weekend any more :[ I want more weekend!

FGM- I hate to be the one to say this but this does happen a lot with financially questionable parents… you should use some of those free services to check your annual credit rating. A lot of parents will start going into debt in their child's name. I really hope that isn't happening, but I think it deserves to be checked (rather than just hoping that it isn't).
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Skullbie at 3:13AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
lothar
also im annoyed that that other thread was locked before i had a chance to tell that idiot to shuttup ! seriously , how do full grown adults with the brains of a twelve year old survive in society ???
Argh seriously, i don't think i can say anything on kyupol's theories ever again because that guy takes the cake for being a complete moron. And ‘edgy’ gross-out humor stopped being funny in the 90's
I'm surprised you're even still talking to him skool, i think you're a masochist or secretly enjoying it.

I had a very busy day today, was out all morning shopping and then went over to my friends house to re-play mass effect, we're preparing a file for the ME 2 release :) My cats voice was really hoarse when i came home though. Hopefully she was just doing that loud meow thing she does when i leave and it's just sore, not the 20 other horrid problems and cancers it links to.
Vet check up time >.>
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
lothar at 3:25AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
yea i know its better to lock it. i just wanna say that you do a lot around here and are always fair from what ive seen. just makes me angry to see that kinda BS !!! hate to think what DD would be like if the admins were people like that guy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Ozoneocean at 4:16AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
It was FRICKEN hot here yesterday, FRICKEN bloody hot today and looks set to be FRICKEN bloody damn hot tomorrow as well! -_-

It's horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible! Sooooo awful and HOT!!!!!

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
skoolmunkee at 4:20AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
Thanks. :] Don't worry about it, DD is a pretty great site with great people on it. One or two threads like that a year aren't a big deal. We're all adults here and I hope no one takes anything that goes on too personally or seriously.

I have decided that I need to forcefully reclaim my weekend, but now I can't decide what I MOST want to do. Video games? DVDs and drawing? Extra long dog walk? Chinese for dinner? As many naked women as my poor eyes can stand?

Oz- go swimming in the ocean! Or just sit around in a cold bathtub?

I quite miss hot desert summers actually… only desert summers though. I can easily stand baking, but any humidity and I start to sound like Oz.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
lothar at 4:22AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
haha. i could go for some hot rite about now. it snowed allllll weekend. and the one time i left the house i sunk into a meter deep snow drift and got snow in my boots. im tired of snow now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Ozoneocean at 4:46AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
Lucky. I WISH for snow. -_-
I could've walked to the beach… but it was tooo hot. :(
And for some reason I don't like swimming in the ocean anymore…

The trouble with hot days is that I just don't feel like doing anything because it's too hot… And they usually bring on migraines.

It's my first day back at work tomorrow. I'm going to wear shorts.
ParkerFarker at 5:14AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
The trouble with hot days is that I just don't feel like doing anything because it's too hot… And they usually bring on migraines.

Oh I got a migraine the other day! I think it was my first migraine (and hopefully last) I went to the emergency room and everything. I was just eating my pasta when I noticed I couldn't see the fork! It was in this massive blindspot! But thank god it was brought on by chocolate (which I here can be a trigger for migraines) because I didn't eat any chocolate that day. PHHEEEEEEeew.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Ozoneocean at 5:40AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
Sounds like “classic” migraine. I only have “common” migraine- all the pain and no visual distortion.
Triggers are varied… I wouldn't worry too much about the triggers until you've had enough to gauge what they'd be.

But I hope you don't get any more! :)
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:07AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
lothar
Not sure if I wann know what this is all about. Especially if it's about me.
Since I know it's not, it's not cool to go talking about them right now when they cannot defend theirselves. *insert blank expression of neutral position here*

“TFGM's Birthday on the 16th :D Gifts are welcomed”
I joined on your birthday, ew gross!!! No not really. Doubt it's your birthday the banner's been there for a while.
Also, ouch bout the food. :(

I have a f*cking pimple on the inside of my lip. IT HURTS.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
ParkerFarker at 6:15AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
Sounds like “classic” migraine. I only have “common” migraine- all the pain and no visual distortion.
Triggers are varied… I wouldn't worry too much about the triggers until you've had enough to gauge what they'd be.

Yeah it's been a few weeks since then and seeing how I'm not planning on having any more, I won't! And I've decided I like classic more. First of all I had very little pain, I just had a big blindspot, which was cool! Because I've always wondered what it's like being blind. Blind people see nothing, not blackness like we do when we close our eyes, they just see nothing. And now I've caught a little glimpse (pun intended) of that.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
EmilyTheStrange at 7:37AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
I wish I could sleep like I used to~
I used to, without fail, get tired at 11-11:30 and wake up at 7 on weekdays or get tired at 12:30-1 am on weekends and get up at 8 or 9, but since October I've been sleeping for 10 plus hours and am always tired throughout the day. ._.
I saw on the news the other night that now they're linking this whole tired thing as a long term effect of the swine flu, which I had back in October. >>; And by long term effect, I mean lasting 7+ months after you get better. ) :
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:42AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
FGM- I hate to be the one to say this but this does happen a lot with financially questionable parents… you should use some of those free services to check your annual credit rating. A lot of parents will start going into debt in their child's name. I really hope that isn't happening, but I think it deserves to be checked (rather than just hoping that it isn't).
Those sites require but do not charge a credit card which I have none. Besides I which I highly doubt my mom would do that. She is WAY too prideful. That is the main issue. She won't ask for help for over due money she lent or whatever. I do appreciate your concern :D

@1337 Master: Yeah I should have put Nov. somewhere on that sig. I SHOULD change it now but I'm lazy and the banner I made for my new comic needs to be scanned and I hate my scanner, I'm glaring at it right now. Yeah I'm raiding what can food we have right now. I found some money I misplaced so we can buy some food soon.

I just hate is how I feel I can't leave. I mean if I leave my mom, she can't afford the rent. So she gets kicked out and all the cats have no where to live. They end up put to sleep or abanden. So what I'm trying to say, is who wants a cat :D

ramlama at 7:57AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean

For as long as I can remember, I've had persistent visual distortions. It's like a thin layer of television static over everything around me. Usually it's down at about 5-10% opacity, but sometimes gets as high as 40-50% opacity. Heh. It never goes away- I wake up in the morning with it, go about my day with it, and it's still there when I close my eyes to go to bed. I've heard that it's similar to some migraines (except for that part about never going away).

On the plus side, I have a case number in a German medical study of visual distortions. That's a plus, right? Right guys?

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Those sites require but do not charge a credit card which I have none. Besides I which I highly doubt my mom would do that. She is WAY too prideful. That is the main issue. She won't ask for help for over due money she lent or whatever. I do appreciate your concern :D
They don't charge immediately. I signed up for one, think it was FreeCreditReport.com, and now I have to wade through customer service to get them to take that monthly charge off of my account. Lame.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
seventy2 at 8:16AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
they shouldn't charge you at all. You are allowed, by law, 3 free reports a year. it goes over your current credit cards, it tells you if there's any negativity about your credit. they only charge you, to actually see the “credit number”. and you can turn that offer down.
there are three companies, Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. you get to look at one at a time, and viola, that's your three for the year.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com. remember, this won't give you your score, but you can see everything else involving your credit. and it's completely free. don't even have to enter a credit card #

enjoy.
—————————————

I had the weirdest dream last night, that ended in a one-panel xkcd type visual. it was sadly depressing, and i may draw it out later, if i remember….so sad.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
ramlama at 8:51AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
seventy2
they only charge you, to actually see the “credit number”. and you can turn that offer down.
Yup. I fell for the trick. Lame.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
seventy2 at 9:09AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
i think freecreditreport.com, makes you put your credit card info in first, and then if you accidentaly click on the wrong thing at anytime, bam, it charges. it took me like 2 months to get that money back way back in ‘07…

HOLY CRAP FOLKS. my homemade computer is now 3 years old. the only thing that has changed is it’s on it's 3rd harddrive.

on top of that i only have 4 years left until my high school reunion!! GOD I'M SO OLD. (but younger than those who will inevitably one up me on the high school reunion area)
facara
elektro at 9:58AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
Found out that one of my favorite bands (Voivod) are having a concert in Chicago in March. With this info, I must now save up money for tickets. I want my Voivod T-shirt.

EDIT: Speaking of Chicago, one of my artworks is on display at the Zhou B. Art Center, if anyone in that area wants to check it out. Also, that piece is for sale too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 10:04AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
seventy2
HOLY CRAP FOLKS. my homemade computer is now 3 years old. the only thing that has changed is it's on it's 3rd harddrive.
So medusa is good with Technology, eh? :)

I used to try to be creative in that department but at age twelve I found that I SUCK at it.
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:58PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
Hate to go and Double post but I did just come up with this. Noone's using the forums at all today. Is everyone here a religous freak or am I just so much less of one?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
@1337 Master: Yeah I should have put Nov. somewhere on that sig. I SHOULD change it now but I'm lazy and the banner I made for my new comic needs to be scanned and I hate my scanner, I'm glaring at it right now.
gullas at 3:46PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
man I want pancakes….
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Lonnehart at 3:49PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
seventy2
HOLY CRAP FOLKS. my homemade computer is now 3 years old. the only thing that has changed is it's on it's 3rd harddrive.

3rd hard drive?!? Don't those things usually last five years or so? Either those must've been cheaply made, or more likely they didn't have the space you needed/wanted at the time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
seventy2 at 4:28PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
Lonnehart
seventy2

3rd hard drive?!? Don't those things usually last five years or so? Either those must've been cheaply made, or more likely they didn't have the space you needed/wanted at the time.

the first one was refurbished, and it crapped out almost immediately….the other one just died about a month ago. i keep everything important on 2 externals, that i've had for several years. so when the internal craps, i've only lost all the games i've played and settings.
facara
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:36PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Hate to go and Double post but I did just come up with this. Noone's using the forums at all today. Is everyone here a religous freak or am I just so much less of one?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
@1337 Master: Yeah I should have put Nov. somewhere on that sig. I SHOULD change it now but I'm lazy and the banner I made for my new comic needs to be scanned and I hate my scanner, I'm glaring at it right now.

How my idea is spreading! I'm like a disease XD

I Am The 1337 Master at 5:54PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
:D

I just washed 57 dishes in my kitchen sink. I used two today. There's about 169 left. -_-… I'm back cuz I need a break.
LOOKIS at 8:47PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(offline)
Dishwashing secret: Hide all your dishes and utensils except just a few. Yes, then you're forced to wash them every time you want to eat, but when it's just a dish and a fork and a spoon to wash then it's no big deal.

I use paper cups instead of glasses but I don't want to recommend that because it's so un-green. I don't have any problem with being un-green myself, but I don't want to encourage it in others.
………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
Ozoneocean at 9:32PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
I hate washing up. I've no problem with mugs though… I just rinse out the same one and use it over and over until I wash it.
Lonnehart at 9:40PM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
seventy2
the first one was refurbished, and it crapped out almost immediately….the other one just died about a month ago. i keep everything important on 2 externals, that i've had for several years. so when the internal craps, i've only lost all the games i've played and settings.

Externals are pretty good nowadays, especially for backups. I never use them though as there's not a lot for me to backup that I'd rather lose. As for internal hard drives, next time I suggest looking for a brand new drive from a good manufacturer (I bet that's what you did with your new hard drive… I hope). I tend towards Western Digital or Maxtor, though everyone has their preferences. Every one of my hard drives so far have failed around 5 years or so. I've got a good two years left on my current drive, but since it's the first SATA drive I've bought (had to upgrade my motherboard too) I'm not sure if it'll die in the same amount of time that my IDE drives did.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon