Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Ozoneocean at 6:40AM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
Typical- Dogs are bright enough to know it's a doorbell noise, but not enough to realise that it doesn't actually come from your door. :)
-Thanks for your recording Niccea! It was better than what I got over SKype, but unfortunately Audacity crshed every single time I tried to do anything with it… So rather than trying to work on it all night I just used what I had (already been at it a few hours).
Thank you for doing that though, I really appreciate it! It's just a pity Audacity was being such a dick on my comp :(
Ally Haert at 9:13AM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
Back in the day they used to recommend that serious burns have the bandages changed frequently. It wasn't until very recently that the doctors realized that third degree burns with a high rate of changed bandage have a higher chance of infection than not.
Third degree burns are not usually a weeping kind of wound past the first day, though it depends upon the case. The hospital said that the bandage wouldn't be soaked through and that it shouldn't need a change for the first week, but that if it did come off for some reason we were to repeat the anti-bacterial cream dosage and immediately rebandage the hand.
I can't tell you how many people I've had tell me to put Aloe Vera on it since we've been home, too.
Aloe Vera is great for minor burns, but for something like this it would be akin to poring aloe vera into an open wound.
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
Doodstormer at 9:34AM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
You know sometimes I forget how old everybody here is until I start reading posts about people with three kids and bypass surgeries and recent cataracts.
YOU'RE SO YOUNG IN YOUR AVATARS
STOP BREAKING YOURSELVES
last edited on Nov. 21, 2011 9:39AM
rokulily at 10:28AM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
the better google earth gets the more concerned i get about skylights. especially in bathrooms…

please sign up for the dd secret santa if you haven't already.
http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174790/
Ally Haert at 3:51PM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
Hey now, I only just turned 23. I don't think that's “old” in anybody's book but my son's.
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
Lonnehart at 6:53PM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
You're only old if you allow yourself to feel that way…

ow… my back…
HippieVan at 9:25PM, Nov. 21, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
We were watching football last night and there was a commercial on the TV with a door bell ringing. When my dog heard it, she ran to the front door of the house. Since it was so funny, we rewound that part of the commercial about 10 times and watched her run between the front and back doors trying to figure out who was ringing the bell. By the 11th time, she figured it out and stared at the TV.
The radio at work sometimes plays a song with whistling in it, and our store owner's dog always goes nuts running around the store trying to figure out where it's coming from.

My mom asked for a painting for Christmas, to which I thought “thank goodness” because I'm kind of out of spending money right now, but I just realized I should probably frame it. :\ I hope frames aren't expensive.
I don't shop very often, so I always forget how easy it is to spend money. Especially on gifts and books, which is where all my money has gone to now.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
gullas at 8:28AM, Nov. 22, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
You're only old if you allow yourself to feel that way…

ow… my back…
too bad that I know how that feels… all the time!
Ally Haert at 8:35AM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
Hippie, it depends on where you get your frame. There is a chain hobby-craft supply store Michael's that's here in the south. They do sell frames there, though they are very overpriced. We also have a locally owned supply store called I've Been Framed! that does unique framing jobs at a very reasonable price.

Also, tornado watch. Again. What the heck is up with this crazy weather?! Winter is always a calm time around here, but we've had so many twisters in the past few weeks it's enough to make me think twice about this whole “world ends in 2012” theory*.

*(Not really, but you get my point)
PIT_FACE at 10:07AM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
where do ya live, Ally?
gotten my taste of retarded weather around here too so i can understand what you're sayin.

Ally Haert at 10:20AM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
Southern Louisiana, deeeeep into cajun territory.
Lonnehart at 12:04PM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
Wow… those vortexes seem to be really attracted to your area. So we should call you “Tornado Ally”?

Okay… gonna jump off Two Lovers point now for that bad joke… except I'm gonna jump alone…
Ally Haert at 12:49PM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
Bahahaha…don't jump, I loved it!

Also, my husband is going out for recirtification on his Tazer Gun this month. I'm seriously considering taping it and posting it for you guys. You'll be able to watch him taken to the ground by his co-workers and hear him screaming in pain as he rides out the twenty second jump, but it might be drowned out by my maniacal laughter.
Lonnehart at 2:07PM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
Wow… Mass Effect 2 has showed me something… and makes me glad I don't drink alcoholic beverages. Some of them will… well… let's say enough alcohol in the system would make a thousand year old woman look significantly younger… O_O
gullas at 2:22PM, Nov. 22, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
Wow… Mass Effect 2 has showed me something… and makes me glad I don't drink alcoholic beverages. Some of them will… well… let's say enough alcohol in the system would make a thousand year old woman look significantly younger… O_O
That my friend is callad an ALIF or Ancient Lych I'd love to *you know the rest*…
bravo1102 at 1:26AM, Nov. 23, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
Addendum to Walker's Rules of Lay. (Tank crewman in joke because there actually are Gunner's rules of lay)
1. Go ugly early.
2. If your standards are too high, lower them.
3. Every woman's a ten when she's giving you a BJ
Addendum: There are times when experience is worth the wrinkles.
Niccea at 5:20AM, Nov. 23, 2011
(offline)
rokulily wrote:
the better google earth gets the more concerned i get about skylights. especially in bathrooms…

please sign up for the dd secret santa if you haven't already.
http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174790/
What she said.
ayesinback at 8:38AM, Nov. 23, 2011
(online)
Yes!! sign up for Secret Santa!!

also - for kicks, I was thinking of doing an audio mash up for the holidays. If you want to participate, record your self singing the Entire “12 Days of Christmas” song and email your recording to me by 2 Dec. that's: drunkduck100@yahoo.com. If you can't sing, a “Rex Harrison” treatment is OK
If I have 12 recordings by 2 Dec, then it's happening. let's see who can sing here on the DD

and guess who's got some energy again? that would be ME - - woot! even drove the car a bit today (roads were empty - it's all good)

oh my!!! the green wizard is gone!
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Nov. 23, 2011 8:43AM
Niccea at 7:37PM, Nov. 23, 2011
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:
also - for kicks, I was thinking of doing an audio mash up for the holidays. If you want to participate, record your self singing the Entire “12 Days of Christmas” song
Um…do we have to sing the entire thing? Can't we just sing the last verse….that song is feaken long…I have never survived it…not even on the piano.
ayesinback at 6:17AM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
Um…do we have to sing the entire thing? Can't we just sing the last verse….that song is feaken long…I have never survived it…not even on the piano.

I believe the Empress exaggerates - but point taken. If anyone wants to do this, the Whole song is not necessary, only the first and last verses.

and Hey - Happy Thanksgiving to all, USA or not. After all, gratitude is a fine thing to indulge in every so often.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
gullas at 3:41PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(offline)
can I sing the Icelandic version :D?
rokulily at 4:37PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
gullas wrote:
can I sing the Icelandic version :D?
is this the santa trollkin version?
Lonnehart at 5:43PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
Any Christmas song is fine with me… as long as we're not singing about how Grandma got run over by a reindeer… AGAIN!!!

Hmmm…

*sings*
“The night Santa went crazy. The night Saint Nick went insane. Realized he'd been getting the raw deal. Something finally must've melted his brain…”
kyupol at 8:40PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
wanna develop psychic powers?
Work in sales. hehehe… :D
Lonnehart at 11:21PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
Lovely… Had this weird dream right before I woke up. I had just watched an entire anime opening for my newer comic (which I'm working on right now as a result), with one notable scene being the male character being chased by a fireball… right through the famous Ninja Warrior (Sasuke) course in Japan! The song used in this opening? “Dominoe” by Jesse J.

And my coworker was telling me I could revive my GeForce 8500GT card by baking it in an oven. I'm very highly skeptical on this. I mean… if I could bake something back to life, why am I not hearing about people undergoing this after death?
Ozoneocean at 11:45PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
Didn't you know? People go to crematoriums to be resurrected!
That's how Jesus really did it ;)

Nah, the thing with the 8 series card was supposed to be that there was a fault in the manufacture process where some of the silicone board and circuits would part ways after a while due to heat stresses… or something like that.
Sticking it in the oven is meant to realign things by applying nice even heat to the entire card.

No idea if it works or not, but if the card is dead anyway, you've not much to lose, have you?
I could even try it on mine… don't know if I want to though.
Lonnehart at 11:52PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
I'm tempted to try it as well, but the idea of anything I bake in that oven having a faint taste of burnt electronics is not something I'd be looking forward to…
Ozoneocean at 11:58PM, Nov. 24, 2011
(online)
I found an artle about someone fixing the same exact card as mine here:
http://tech.icrontic.com/article/dead-8800-gtx-scienced-to-undeath-by-oven-mad-owner/

and there are lots of vids on Youtube about it too… Pitty I already replaced that card :(
Lonnehart at 12:04AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
I suppose it works for a lot of people, but all I've got is a toaster oven here and I'm pretty sure the thing will melt being so close to the heating elements…
Ozoneocean at 12:11AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
Use a friend's over then? Maybe that co-worker who suggested the idea?
Just remember to take off the heatsinks and thermal paste etc and don't let it rest directly on a hot surface- the guy in the article rolled up four small foil balls for the corners of his.
And it's on 10 minutes at 350C so that's no so bad.
-As long as you can replace the thermal paste!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon