Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Lonnehart at 12:31AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
You're not just egging me on to see if it REALLY works, are you? Well, I did the cooking prep and now the muffin is in the oven so to speak. I'll find out tomorrow if the video card is back from the dead or not. I'm not counting on it. Because my monitor suffered an electrical surge I'm sure that's also why the card is dead, so I've got nothing to lose by giving this recipe a shot… However, I've changed the recipe a bit… Rather than cooking it for 10 minutes then immediately removing it from the oven, I'm cooking it for 8 minutes, then letting it cool down in the oven for 2-5 minutes. THEN I'll let it sit on the counter overnight. Safety first, you know.
last edited on Nov. 25, 2011 12:34AM
Ozoneocean at 1:25AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
Tell me how it tastes! ^_^

Yes, I wanna see it it works :)
gullas at 1:54AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(offline)
rokulily wrote:

is this the santa trollkin version?

Nope sorry, just a translation :( but we do have bunch of troll santa songs and poems…
Lonnehart at 2:06AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
Well, I let it cool down a few hours and it seemed safe enough to put back into my computer… and it's STILL DEAD. Same as before. I'm pretty sure the GPU is fried from the power surge though. No amount of baking is going to bring it back from that state. I think it would be a waste of time to try if your graphics card is totally dead (like mine), but if you just had artifacts on it then it's worth a shot.
Ozoneocean at 5:55AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
Well that's a shame Lonne! :(
Mine worked… sometimes. It tended to freeze my whole fricken machine. Because of that I don't actually want to put it anywhere near my comp ever again, baked or not :)

Weird- most of my firendslist on FB talking about thanksiving and “black Friday” etc… Not things I have much to do with. For me “black Friday” is something people tend to call any disaster (usually a bushfire that killed many people), that happened to occur ON a Friday. Naming a shopping day that way seems sort of… shallow? :/

Two facts:
1. Cats are the best creatures in the whole world and clearly the pinnacle of evolutionary potential (which is impossible since evo is an ongoing process with no end point).
2. Drawing goes better with wine.
Ozoneocean at 6:02AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
That cat fact was so good I had to Twitter AND FB it!
Thanks wine- you make me think all my musings are genius ^_^
last edited on Nov. 25, 2011 6:03AM
HippieVan at 7:28AM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
I might agree, ozone, if a cat had not woken me up 3 days in a row. -_-
She wakes me up because she wants to cuddle, which is cute, but it would be nice if I could just tell her “20 more minutes” and she'd leave me be.

Poor Romeo got freaked out by Buddy. He tried to snatch one of the dog's treats which was on the ground and Buddy chased him off. Romeo sat in the corner and thumped for a little bit after that. : (
I hope they're still friends.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Lonnehart at 12:54PM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Well that's a shame Lonne! :(
Mine worked… sometimes. It tended to freeze my whole fricken machine. Because of that I don't actually want to put it anywhere near my comp ever again, baked or not :)

You could probably bake yours and it'll work 100% afterwards. Not that you need your card now. My card was already dead. Remember when I had to take my monitor to the shop? According to the tech, a surge hit the thing and he had to replace the inverter thing to get it working again. It probably ended up hitting the power supply as well, and when the computer went dead I found the cables to the video card power connection (located on the upper left of most AM2 motherboards) had been burnt…
Katch at 8:18PM, Nov. 25, 2011
(offline)
OH wow XD
i haven't been here in EVER (it didn't even come up on my computers anymore o_o )

SAUCE - HAI GAIZ<3
Something goes here
HippieVan at 8:54PM, Nov. 25, 2011
(online)
I think Julie is sick again. She's been off her food all day, and she's just hiding in her house. I gave her some of the medicine from last time and some vaseline, and I hope she's feeling better soon.
I think it's probably my fault…I've been giving her a different kind of hay than what she's used to(because she seemed to really like it) and it's probably upset her digestive system.
I'm very worried about her.
Kou the Mad at 2:58AM, Nov. 26, 2011
(online)
i have a awesome idea for a comic, but i can't draw any better then a stick man, and the story in mind requires something far more detailed.
Damn Disgraphia.
Ozoneocean at 3:49AM, Nov. 26, 2011
(online)
Hiya Katch. watchoo wearin? :)

—–

Ewwgh! I just had the most revolting thing happen in my kitchen!
This was seriously severe man.
I was planning on hard boiling some egs for a quick lazy dinner because I'm hungry and forgot to eat last night… ANYWAY, I noticed the water was getting strangely milky so I suspected one of the eggs was cracked because it was prolly a going a little bad.
Usually those are ok though…

This one was NOT however! I came it a bit later to see the pot was filled with frothy crap on top, no surprise there, but when I got closer the smell was horrific. No, not a bad egg smell. This was the smell of something long dead. The disgusting death smell. Rotted, stinking, dead flesh.
Looking in the water beneath the froth, it was filled to the brim was this white tangled ribbon… Like flat spaghetti or noodles, tightly compacted and very thin, and reeking of death.

I don't know what was going on in there and I didn't want to find out. I dumped it all in a bag with the rest of the eggs in the fridge and threw them all in the bin outside. Then hosed out the saucepan.

I'm having a pie instead. T_T
gullas at 4:21AM, Nov. 26, 2011
(offline)
I was actually more gay last night than my friends who went to a gay bar… why? Because apparantly having a red heart as a concert ticket/stamp on the back of your hand is not Metal.

Friggin great show though!
Ozoneocean at 4:24AM, Nov. 26, 2011
(online)
-Do not know what the spaghetti stuff was. I'd like to think it was a great big huge saprophytic worm that had infested the egg and had tried to escape being boiled to death by getting out of the egg… only to be boiled to death anyway. :)

At a guess though, I'd say it was the putrefied albumin of the egg that had been forced out of a crack by the increasing pressure of the internal gasses (because of the heat), and had solidified into a long stream while doing so.
a lot more boring, but logically it seems more likely. :(
seventy2 at 9:25AM, Nov. 26, 2011
(online)
Well, i came here to vent about how i'm having to change my passwords, because they all, in one form or another, involve my love for my (ex)wife.
However, i was reading to catch up, and now i'm venting that ozone's last post makes me want to vent vomit. from my mouth.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
HippieVan at 6:56PM, Nov. 26, 2011
(online)
Other than the time I was at work, I feel like I spent most of today caring for Juliet…giving her medicine, giving her vaseline, taking her to the vet, enticing her to eat, enticing her to exercise(to get her digestive system moving), and just spending time with her to make her feel better. The vet said some rabbits are just prone to this sort of thing, and that there are some who they see 2-3 times a year. I guess I'll have to stop panicking every time it happens. I just don't know how I'll afford it if she has to be at the vet that often.

She's feeling better, though. I was very worried last night because I hadn't seen her drink anything, and I got her to take some water this morning. I just called her and she came out to greet me as usual, whereas this morning she wouldn't come out of the closet. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll be eating normally.

I don't know how parents deal with having children - it's very stressful being responsible for the health and well-being of a living creature.
Lonnehart at 1:58AM, Nov. 27, 2011
(online)
I bet you'd make for a very good loving parent one day. Just don't be too overprotective, though.

*as in… the moment your child is at the age to start dating don't lock them away in some bank vault 'til they reach 80 years of age… or somethign like that…*

Edit Addon: ugh… stepped on a piece of glass outside while barefoot. Went inside, dabbed some cotton swabs in alcohol and cleaned the rather tiny wound then bandaged it up. It hurts quite a bit, but I welcome the pain. No, I'm not some kind of masochist.

As a type II diabetic the nerves in my extremities (and my eyes) will eventually stop functioning. And when they do I'll be unaware of any wounds I recieve under my feet and will have to check them every night to make sure no infection sets in. But for now I have to welcome the pain that I do get in my feet (not constant pain though) as it tells me that things are still functioning as they are and that I'm still very much alive.
last edited on Nov. 27, 2011 3:18AM
ayesinback at 2:29PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
@Hippie Van - I truly hope your Juliet feels and (especially for your sake) acts better soon. A life where one doesn't care is rather a shallow life, imo. But when you begin loving and caring, the yin/yang will enter in - and at times that will be painful. But I'd rather live the fullness. bang for the buck, and all that.

@Lonnehart - I have a grave respect for diabetes II. Over time I've been building quite the profile on you ( all good), but the diabetes factor caught my breath, particularly since it was a factor in my grandmother's death (she “cheated” so frequently with intake of sugar that when she was found comatose they treated for sugar-overload when it wasn't). BE GOOD TO YOURSELF. dammit.

and I'm still not well, and I'm sick and tired of it. I am THE impatient patient. Fuck fanart. I want some funny posts here. MAKE ME LAUGH! I need some good medicine.

do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Lonnehart at 4:09PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
It was also a factor in my own mother's death and the reason my father now has total renal failure (he was never one to go to a doctor when he felt wrong, hence why it's gotten so far). I don't cheat much on my diet. I lean more towards vegetables and fish, will have chicken and beef on occasion, and steer as far away from pork and octopus as possible (pork because it can make your glucose level skyrocket, and octopus because I ate it when I was very young and became violently ill). I may go ahead and do what my cousin did to reverse her diabetic condition… go total vegetarian. But without being so rabid as to try and force people around me to take on the same lifestyle…

Heh… pop culture in Japan can be… strange. In fiction everyone loves Tsunderes. In real life, not so much. Women who are in love with someone, but are unable to “properly” show it. Instead, they show it by hitting their love interest with anything from paper fans, stone tables, wooden mallets, and FIREARMS. Wouldn't want a woman like that chasing me in actual life. I probably wouldn't survive those attacks… Apparently the word “dere” means “affection, and ”tsun“ means ”to push away"…
last edited on Nov. 28, 2011 4:10PM
gullas at 5:27PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:

and I'm still not well, and I'm sick and tired of it. I am THE impatient patient. Fuck fanart. I want some funny posts here. MAKE ME LAUGH! I need some good medicine.

do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!
I once made a post that wasn't funny, so I got sad-

oh wait that was the funny part…
HippieVan at 8:18PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
I bet you'd make for a very good loving parent one day. Just don't be too overprotective, though.
Thank you! : )

I'm a non-rabid vegetarian and I'm quite healthy(other than my allergy issues), as is my dad. Although I've no idea what the effects would be on a diabetic.

@Ayes: Thanks! Juliet is doing much better now.

I think she hates my dad even more now, though. It takes two of us to give her her medicine so every time he comes in my room she's like “Run away!”

I think you're right about the caring…I can't imagine coming home and not having all my little animals there to greet me, even though they're sometimes(often) a pain in the butt. I suppose it'll be the same. and more so, when I have children.

A cute guy came in to our store today. I talked to him for a while(about dog food, very romantic) and then invited him to come to our “pet pictures with santa”. After he left, my coworker reminded me that I'll be in a ridiculous elf costume that day. Ooooh noooo…
last edited on Nov. 28, 2011 8:20PM
PIT_FACE at 8:36PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
HAHA!i've got a working microphone,gimme something to record,HAHA!
offsconds into the night!

Ozoneocean at 8:39PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
Tsundere
Bloody hell! The Japanese not only have a special name but an entire genre to go with any personality trait or sexual preference! I am astonished.
BTW, don't get Skoolmunkee's punching personality confused with one of those- her knuckle sandwiches are made of awesome force and righteous fury, not misguided love.

@Ayes- Get well soon Ayes. It's not really fair that you should be sick again so soon!
Ozoneocean at 8:42PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
PIT_FACE wrote:
You have to make a recording for the latest Quackcast then!
http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174813/

@Hippie - HAHAHAHA! That's like something out of a sitcom, brilliant :)
last edited on Nov. 28, 2011 8:46PM
Lonnehart at 9:47PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
@Hippie Van-
Diabetes is a disorder where the body can't control it's glucose levels (you get a lot of that from starchy or sweet food). Type 1 is more severe since the body has trouble manufacturing insulin to manage its glucose levels. Type 2 is milder. Basically the cells develop some kind of “insulin resistance” which means we can't absorb the glucose in our bloodstream because our cells are not responding to the influence of the insulin. Just the top of my head… I could be incorrect…

Anyways, a vegetarian diet helps as long as we don't eat too much starchy/sweet fruits and vegetables. As for the meat… the fats in meat can contain a lot of glucose so chicken (without the skin) and trimmed lean beef I can manage. But for some reason pork has a LOT of glucose in it or something…

@Ozone-
heh… as far as I know Skool has no love interest, so I figure that if you give her enough reason to she could turn into a violent maniac rather than a Tsundere. Lots of “dere” personalites out there, of which the scariest is the Yandere. Those women will love you to death… literally… O_O
PIT_FACE at 10:13PM, Nov. 28, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
PIT_FACE wrote:
You have to make a recording for the latest Quackcast then!
http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174813/

@Hippie - HAHAHAHA! That's like something out of a sitcom, brilliant :)
HAW! DONE! bring on the next…it's 1:13 in the morning and i wont be gettin to sleep any time soon!

skoolmunkee at 3:01AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
heh… as far as I know Skool has no love interest
I love… desk. I love lamp.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
bravo1102 at 3:41AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(offline)
skoolmunkee wrote:
Lonnehart wrote:
And it lights up your life. Cue that horrid 1970's love anthem…

Is that any worse than Huey Lewis' Happy to be Stuck with You ?

The wife is in lots and lots of pain, I can't seem to get any energy and have slept two days away. But then it could be this 70 degree weather in November. My head feels like it's full to bursting with sinus pressure. And the sweet wife leaves these notes pledging her eternal love with warm fuzzies and then lists of things to do. Why does she need a copy of every single check she mails to every single creditor we have for everything? Aren't carbons and receipts good enough for her?
Genejoke at 3:49AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee wrote:
Lonnehart wrote:

If this was any other site I would expect a flood of posts from male users declaring their availibility and love.
Lonnehart at 4:31AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(online)
@Bravo-
Ugh… sorry to hear your wife is going through that. I guess it's pretty hard to sleep when your better half isn't feeling so well… As far as having copies of checks, you can never be too careful, you know. Or maybe it's just paranoia…

@Genejoke-
Heh…We'renot drooling women hungry men who go after every woman who declares their availablity. At least… I don't think the males on this forum are like that…

I'd love to quote both posts, but this new forum system doesn't like multiple quotes in the same post, even with direct HTML editing…
last edited on Nov. 29, 2011 4:33AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon