Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Ozoneocean at 5:11AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(online)
I am now attempting to hard boil some new eggs… getting back up on that horse. They're new and they're free-range, but I still can't entirely dismiss the spectre of that horrible pot-filling spaghetti-worm and its flesh rotting deathsmell .
It haunts me with a vomitsome miasma of horror T_T
Genejoke at 5:52AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(online)
@Genejoke-Heh…We'renot drooling women hungry men who go after every woman who declares their availablity. At least… I don't think the males on this forum are like that…
No, not here but there are forums like that. A lot of them.
ayesinback at 6:24AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(online)
thanks for the Eeyore, Gullas :D

I was SO cranky yesterday. I told my Mom-in-law when she checked in with me yesterday that my big goal in life (at that point) was to find a big stick and go to the side of the road and shake it at the cars speeding past the house while yelling obscenities like a pirate.

Never thought I'd be saying this about my M-i-l, but her response was pretty cool: she totally related and offered to get her own stick and join me. She's in her 80s.

and now reading the posts, it would be a fine trio if skoolmunkee's little boxer would join in. And I invite Bravo's wife when she's feeling up to it, too. She probably won't want to unless Sarge comes, so he can come, too. shoot - anyone who wants to shake a stick, meet me in Jersey.

btw - I think skool started her luv list from the bottom (like David Letterman's top ten) else where be the long-legged tap dancer?

edit: forgot to add the space so there'd be line spaces in the giant block of text.
stupid text writer!!
*shakes her stick*
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Nov. 29, 2011 6:27AM
rokulily at 7:50AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(online)
ozone, i am content never hearing about your terrifying eggs ever again.
Lonnehart at 9:10AM, Nov. 29, 2011
(online)
If there's one thing scarier than a lady wielding a stick, it's a lady wielding a BIG BOOMSTICK! You know… the one the big game hunter types call the “Elephant Gun”. O_O;

And one of my coworkers saw me posting comments on YouTube and asked why I use so many of these…

“…”

You know? It's probably because a lot of times I want to say more, but if I did I'd put out a wall of text. And my thoughts do trail off a lot, switching from one thought to another. Kinda like how you're watching TV, but someone else has the remote…

Well… that's the best answer I could come up with…
last edited on Nov. 29, 2011 5:28PM
bravo1102 at 11:04PM, Nov. 29, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
If there's one thing scarier than a lady wielding a stick, it's a lady wielding a BIG BOOMSTICK! You know… the one the big game hunter types call the “Elephant Gun”. O_O;

And one of my coworkers saw me posting comments on YouTube and asked why I use so many of these…

“…”

You know? It's probably because a lot of times I want to say more, but if I did I'd put out a wall of text. And my thoughts do trail off a lot, switching from one thought to another. Kinda like how you're watching TV, but someone else has the remote…

Well… that's the best answer I could come up with…
That'll really works if the little old lady with the BOOMSTICK has a chainsaw instead of a right hand.

Considering the wife won't be driving until January, Id have to transport her or better yet her sister! No one would survive that barrage of obscenities and cane waving. Her sister has some lungs on her. She'sa real life Belinda Brandon.

So the wife comes out of Ruby Tuesday with her walker and I go to get the car there'sa huge beautiful rainbow arcing across the sky. You don't get a whole lot of rainbows in NJ. Everything will be just fine for the lovers, the dreamers and me.
Ozoneocean at 12:07AM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
HA! Boomsticks and chainsaws are as nothing when comparedto the fearsome might of the poostick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOhI3k3JPI

@Roku- well ast night's eggs were jusssssst fine :)
Genejoke at 12:26AM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
Only $125.00? bargain.
Ozoneocean at 12:29AM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
Exactly. Free refills too!

But don't go try making your own… >:[
Lonnehart at 1:55AM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
Heh… having way too much fun with Pinball FX 2 for the XB360. Only got two full tables for it though… Mars and Street Fighter II. I hope to get more tableseventually. Takes me back to my childhood days when there were only pinball machines and no video games. I can still remember the machines that were used for gambling. No flippers at all, and nudging the machine meant GAME OVER for the player… But my father used to get cash for playing them. They're not around now though… and even if they were I'd just play for fun.
A Reaver at 8:33AM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
So I fell off my bike on sunday. Was going down a hill infront of our towns tesco. I breaked to stop because there was a line up of cars. I skidded in some mud and managed to get propelled off of my bike. Landed straight on my knee and it was numb for a couple of days and I couldnt bend it much. Got some of the movement back but today I got the feeling back. It was one of the worst feelings Ive ever had that didnt have anything to do with surgery. So I poke the knee cap to notice that I have bits of shattered bone. Compared it to the other knee which is 100% solid. I cant go over to the hospital because 1. The bike was my only form of transport and there's a strike on public thingys that I dont entirely understand yet support as its a big fuck you to the current government. 2. Dont want to bother an ambulance as I dont think its that big an emergency. Just a bit of pain that as long as I dont use the leg too much will be completely fine. 3. Have noone to take me there.
Why the hell is it that every Christmas I have to end up injured or sick?!
Last year: Stomach issues due to food poisoning the day before christmas.
Year before that: Surgery + having to assist moving house causing the stitches to open and repeat trips to get the wound closed again.
Year before that:No hearing in my right ear and partial hearing in my left.
And year before that: Fell on Ice and I felt like I broke my ass.

I dont have good luck this time of the year. Also we're moving house again and Ill still probably be required to help if I have to get a cast.

Shiny new comic.
Genejoke at 9:13AM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
get a taxi.

or not if you live 39 miles from the hospital…
A Reaver at 11:30AM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
get a taxi.

Currently on job seekers and I have to pay “rent” so I've no money to pay for it. One way's 7 anyway.

Shiny new comic.
ayesinback at 1:02PM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
A Reaver wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
get a taxi.

Currently on job seekers and I have to pay “rent” so I've no money to pay for it. One way's 7 anyway.
meh!!!

call in whatever favor you have to. if it's bad, waiting will only make it worse.

of this, i know of what i speak
gullas at 1:36PM, Nov. 30, 2011
(offline)
hurrah I finished wrapping up the christmas gifts! Good thing I was listening to German industrial while I was at it. It's too soon for the holiday thing…
Lonnehart at 9:03PM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
Ah… Christmas. One thing could scare me about Christmas gifts though… ifa girl showed up wrapped in ribbons, then telling SHE is MY Christmas gift. I think I'd run away…
HippieVan at 9:34PM, Nov. 30, 2011
(online)
I got into a ridiculous fight with my dad and little sister yesterday. Over a gingerbread house. Ah, Christmas spirit!

So we all went to bed a little miffed at each other. Then I sort of forgot about it today as I get a little lonely all by myself all day. When my little sister got home, I greeted her and she didn't respond. So I followed her around as she made herself a snack. “Are you not talking to me? Why aren't you talking to me? Why are you mad at me?” Finally I asked “You're not still mad at me about the gingerbread house, are you?” She turned to me and said “No! But I thought you were! I don't like it when you're mad!” We made up then, of course. I told her that as I'm her sister I'm not allowed to be mad at her for very long.

My family is very silly sometimes.

Got permission from the boss-lady to make my own elf costume. So my costume will now be an adorable elf costume instead of a ridiculous one. : )
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
bravo1102 at 2:39AM, Dec. 1, 2011
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:
A Reaver wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
get a taxi.

meh!!!

call in whatever favor you have to. if it's bad, waiting will only make it worse.

Illegally emigrate to the USA and you'll get a free ambulance ride, free emergency room treatment and then a job in construction. As an illegal you'll work for cheap (and get more than your unemplyment from the Queen) and enjoy poverty in the nation with the richest poor in the world.

Seriously get medical attention. If you see bone chips in your knee you're seriously fucked if you do not get it taken care of. You like walking and riding a bike? A messed up knee like that you'll be Tiny Tim for life on your crutch.

I had a great aunt who couldn't go to hospital back in the day and was hobbled for life by a simple broken ankle.
last edited on Dec. 1, 2011 2:41AM
A Reaver at 4:04AM, Dec. 1, 2011
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
ayesinback wrote:
A Reaver wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
get a taxi.

meh!!!

Illegally emigrate to the USA and you'll get a free ambulance ride, free emergency room treatment and then a job in construction. As an illegal you'll work for cheap (and get more than your unemplyment from the Queen) and enjoy poverty in the nation with the richest poor in the world.

Seriously get medical attention. If you see bone chips in your knee you're seriously fucked if you do not get it taken care of. You like walking and riding a bike? A messed up knee like that you'll be Tiny Tim for life on your crutch.

I had a great aunt who couldn't go to hospital back in the day and was hobbled for life by a simple broken ankle.
@ayes
Yeah. Its getting worse as the feeling has semi came back and its starting to itch. I poked it and I ended up moving something. Compaired it to the other knee and there's definately something wrong with it and its only getting worse. I'm getting a lift over in about half an hour.
@bravo
I'll get started on a raft to sneak into the country.

Shiny new comic.
Ozoneocean at 6:00AM, Dec. 1, 2011
(online)
@Reve- I hope you get your knee better :(

—–

I just had the mos excellent steak along with a lovely red wine. I don't cook steak often these days, but I know jusssst the way I like it when I do :)
It was a good day- it was nice and warm (still is), my hair looks great and is full of body, I don't have the horrible headache and sick feeling that I had yesterday.

The only sort of bad thing was that I was supposed to meet up with a friend for a meal, and she bailed on me yet again… Nothing serious, but I'm a bit tired of that. Normally when people flake too much I just cut 'em loose. I think it might be time in this case too.
A Reaver at 10:05AM, Dec. 1, 2011
(online)
@Oz.
Thanks. Turns out its a hemotoma or something. Which is a blood collecting under the skin.

Shiny new comic.
Lonnehart at 2:52PM, Dec. 1, 2011
(online)
After shooting the Human Reaper Larva to death with Mass Effect 2's “BFG” again, a thought occurred to me about the third game.

I hope I never see any human/quarian, human/turian, or human/drell hybrid babies at the ending of Mass Effect 3. I may lose my sanity if I see them…
Ozoneocean at 6:33PM, Dec. 1, 2011
(online)
@Reve- Thank goodness, I hope it's not serious.

@Lonne- I'd never have spotted you for a Cerberus infiltrator! Your purist human centred vision of the universe won't help you when the Reapers finally get here! Hybrid babies FTW!

A friend just sent me this link http://www.steampunkcouture.com/forsale/c/summer2011
Wowsers! Pretty hot looking steampunk models and clothing! She sent me the a link to the main model and designer's site too: http://www.thisiskato.com/galleries
Looking good but mebee just a bit too elfin for my tastes.
Lonnehart at 11:52PM, Dec. 1, 2011
(online)
No. I don't hate aliens, and I don't wanta universe completely centered on humans. What I don't like are human/alien hybrid babies simply becauseDNA isn't made to do that. Heck… Human and Turian/Quarian tissues conflict so bad that the cells would kill each other. Hence why I'm not so fond of Grunt. He may have been created to be the best example of Krogan, but he's not the product of natural evolution. And neither would human/alien hybrids that are incompatible in the first place…

But enough about that…

Watched Thundercats 2011 again and I feel sorry for the shippers of that series. However, while watching the old 80's version I remember there was a rapport between Cheetara and Tygra, and it just plays out further in the new series. As for Liono… he's got a chance. Just not with another Thundercat…
last edited on Dec. 2, 2011 12:12AM
A Reaver at 2:06AM, Dec. 2, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Reve- Thank goodness, I hope it's not serious.
Aye. Its all good. I'm getting myself a cane like House for the next couple of weeks.

Shiny new comic.
Ozoneocean at 2:46AM, Dec. 2, 2011
(online)
Well if you're going to be putting on an American accent to go along with it, make sure it's better than Hue laurie's!

@ Lonne- I was joking :)
bravo1102 at 5:31AM, Dec. 2, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Well if you're going to be putting on an American accent to go along with it, make sure it's better than Hue laurie's!

@ Lonne- I was joking :)
I really think Hugh Laurie is getting just vengeance for all those American's who think they can do such wonderful English/Australian accents. I'm looking at you Rene Zellwiger. But who knew that Alexis Denisof was an American? (Sharpe's Waterloo among others; the upper class twit who steals away Sharpe's wife and pisses his pants when Sharpe faces him at the Duchess of Richmond's Ball)

Then there's Maureen O'Hara's Irish inflections and we all remember Vivian Leigh's and Leslie Howard's wonderful Georgia by way of Londonaccent in Gone with the Wind. Hugh Laurie's accent is pretty damn good compared to Leslie Howard.

I think I should go off and do some drawing. I have a script for Lite Bites I should be drawing right now. Let's look up them thar costume references.
skoolmunkee at 11:36AM, Dec. 2, 2011
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
If this was any other site I would expect a flood of posts from male users declaring their availibility and love.

I think DDers know better than that. By that I mean they know me well enough to understand that I could never care for another human being.

Anyway, I went to Germany, did my thing at a conference, ate some yummy stuff at a christmas market, came home. I now have gingerbread stars and mulled wine and the last 200 pages of a Malazan book, my Friday night is going to be super exciting!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Froggtreecomics at 12:35PM, Dec. 2, 2011
(offline)
skoolmunkee wrote:

I think DDers know better than that. By that I mean they know me well enough to understand that I could never care for another human being.

Ozone! cover your ears!
last edited on Dec. 2, 2011 12:36PM
ayesinback at 12:36PM, Dec. 2, 2011
(online)
No additional “complication” arose this week, so it looks like I'll be returning to work on Monday, precisely one month after the appendec-blah-de-blah-blah.

I'm a little jealous of skool's visit to Berlin. Almost visited when I was in Dresden for business, but - didn't.
And mulled wine sounds veddy nice to me – maybe I'll make a variation to help me get the last of the ornaments on the tree (hubby started, and then I always go through and re-locate. it's our tradition)

So - cool, Same (aka reaver): A Cane! you can come to my shake-a-stick-and-yell-obscenities-at-traffic party, once you get the raft completed. And until then, you can bah-humbug your way thru the streets.

and @Hippie Van, please post a pic of you in your elf costume. I'm imagining something pretty adorable :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon