Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Ozoneocean at 2:40AM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
Alcohol then, and plenty off it!

———–

OK, a question for our stalwartly heroic members from the United States of America:
When do your TV series go back onto their regular schedules again?
I'm following How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation, and The Big Bang Theory on various tube sites and episodes have been rather spotty of late.

Why is that? Do they stop for Christmas etc, have at least one special “holiday” episode and then start again sometime in the new year?
If so, when?
Kroatz at 6:07AM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
Just tell the kids that they'll only get presents if they sit still for the rest of the day and don't move an inch. That's what my parents always did.

On an entirely unrelated note… I never got christmas presents.

- - -

Oz, you should try community if you've run out of shows to watch.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on Dec. 24, 2011 6:08AM
Genejoke at 7:33AM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
I struggle to keep up with shows at the moment, between me and the mrs we're watching quite a few. luckily a couple have finisehed for now, american horror story and terra nova. one was great the other… okay. guess which.
Lonnehart at 12:59PM, Dec. 24, 2011
(online)
Thank goodness last night went without a hitch. Last thing I wanted to deal with this morning was a very mean and grumpy tenant complaining that someone broke into his apartment, stole all his milk and cookies, and left a large lump of coal in his stocking…

And just a thought… is ita bad thing to want to finish off the boss of a game “up close and personal”? Playing the female Shepard, I played that mission where you aquire Grunt. Killing that “weak willed” woman Jedore with an elbow to the face was extremely satisfying (and I got an increment towards an achievement that you get from knocking an enemy off balance with a melee attack, then shooting them)…

Time to go to work… but I won't enjoy it. I think I've caught the flu. I should have no trouble shaking it off, but in the meantime I'm not gonna move too much tonight. I can only be thankful that the supervisor for tonight is understanding. :)
last edited on Dec. 25, 2011 2:59AM
Ozoneocean at 8:24AM, Dec. 25, 2011
(online)
Merry Christmas guys!
A Reaver at 4:59PM, Dec. 25, 2011
(online)
Merry Christmas Oz.
In an unrelated note I have an incredible migraine.
And it wasnt caused by alcohol. Been playing the 3ds all day.
Got my christmas secret santa pic done. I'm disappointed but I cant fiddle about with it any longer.

Shiny new comic.
Genejoke at 11:01PM, Dec. 25, 2011
(online)
my boy now has a 3DS and the 3d can be hard on the eyes, good job you can turn it off.
Considering the excitment all of my kids were incredibly well behaved yesterday, shockingly so, just a shame they were up stupidly early this morning.
Lonnehart at 1:20AM, Dec. 26, 2011
(online)
“Ah, yes… Christmas. That mythical holiday where a fat old man on a sleigh delivers presents to every kid on earth. That claim has been dismissed…”

Heh… couldn't resist…
Ah, Yes “Reapers” music video
Ah,yes. Reapers.
Ozoneocean at 5:25AM, Dec. 26, 2011
(online)
It's all quiet on the Drunk Duck front…

Only Bravo and possibly Ayes will get that :(

I love my time off over Christmas!
However I hate that I can't change my sleep patterns!
If you go to bed a 5am you expect to sleep in a little, not wake up fully at 10am!!! grr

Been watching a lotta films recently, filling the Movie thread with my reviews like a kar-ray-zee person… I suppose I shall continue with this.
last edited on Dec. 26, 2011 5:37AM
Lonnehart at 1:15PM, Dec. 26, 2011
(online)
I hope you're visiting family over the Christmas holidays at least, Ozone. Or that they're invadi… er… visiting you.

So far no belligerent drunks trying to mess with me (unlike last year). Nice clear night too. Which makes me enjoy work last nightbecause of the one reason I enjoy the graveyard shift… the ability to see the stars and constellations. Too bad the moon isn't out now…

Ah, yes… “Reapers”. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly posing as this site's Admins. I've already dismissed that claim…

yes… I'm kinda bored… please don't kill me… :(
last edited on Dec. 26, 2011 1:18PM
Kroatz at 1:54PM, Dec. 26, 2011
(online)
So. I used to love christmas. And then I had to spend it with family. Now I hate christmas.

Work on my radioplay is progressing nicely. I'm almost at 40 percent. I'm gonna have to include more interesting stuff though…
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
HippieVan at 4:39PM, Dec. 26, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
An idiot like that makes a hostile workplace and that'll get you down. It's not worth it.
You were absolutely right, ozone. She freaked out at me because the computer broke on Christmas Eve, and that was the last straw for me. Handed in my notice today. Now I just have to put up with her (being super passive-aggressive, I imagine) for the next two weeks.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
bravo1102 at 12:47AM, Dec. 27, 2011
(offline)
It is nice being able to leave work after eight hours as opposed to twelve. But one of new people is making noises about taking next weekend off. So will I do a 12 hour shift over New Year's? Maybe.

The new 8-4 person is a lovely young woman and as the resident's have told me is the first female security persons on site in over 7 years. She is smart and writes textbook reports. Which of course means she won't be long for the site. The really good people always move on.

I had this bizzare deja vu upon meeting her. She was just so familar. Pretty scary. I hate dreaming events before they happen as it leaves me confused as to whether what will happen and what will not and how much control I do have over my future. How much is wishful dreaming and how muchcan happen? And am I dreaming the future or merely seeing a possibility and then making it come true? And do I really want some of these dreamed futures to come true?

Tune in next year when we discover that bravo has fully morphed into kyupol and gains incontrovertible evidence that the new security guard is actually a demon possessedsuper soldier. Fortunately the Ghostbusters live on the Jersey Shore now. (Complete with all the props and the car, they come to the Asbury Park Zombie Walk every year)
last edited on Dec. 27, 2011 12:51AM
Ozoneocean at 3:53AM, Dec. 27, 2011
(online)
@ Lonne- WE ARE ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
THIS HURTS YOU

Yeah, my dad was over for Christmas dinner… I only just did the washing up today- two days later… Ewwwwwww.

@Hippie- Good for you! Don't forget forget a reference from her though!

————–

Oh those neighbours and their horrible kids…
Despite my best efforts I only got to bed finally at about 4am last night… It took longer than I thought to finish the Quackcast as well as editing together the soap for the end and then writing up all the notes to send to Lawrence.
I had procrastinated about recording it for ages because I didn't have enough material for the Quackcast proper and writing it can be a hassle- It's like writing a presentation each time. I used to DREAD doing those in primary school, high school, doing my BA at Uni and then my post grad stuff later on and then teaching at art collage… And now I'm doing it all over again, hahahaha!
Doesn't really get easier.

Anyway, when I was done and got to bed I took two strong sleeping pills… And STILL woke up at 10am!!
Some annoying sprog next door was screaming his head off, so I put some music on to cover it and tried to go back to sleep. Didn't work.
I'm going to bed early tonight. Hopefully a Russian Satellite will land on their house. That'll be noise I can live with!
Lonnehart at 9:09AM, Dec. 27, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@ Lonne- WE ARE ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
THIS HURTS YOU

Yeah, my dad was over for Christmas dinner… I only just did the washing up today- two days later… Ewwwwwww.

eww… I hope something didn't “assume direct control” and cause a plate or two to crawl out of the sink… The only thing more gross I've heard about was a joke where guys would throw their unchanged underwear to the wall to see which one would stick on the longest… only to then find out how dirty unchanged underwear could be when it starts CRAWLING UP THE WALL!!!

Coworker thinks I cheated when I finished that mission the way I did… that one where you recruit Tali. Then again, he's the type who only plays “hard” mode… Took my CAIN and oneshotted that Geth Colossus from across the field. I did talk with that Quarian marine though. Too bad he doesn't get to be a squad mate in the third game. I got the feeling he could be a real asset to female Shepard (especially since the one I play happens to be a squishy adept… who can be a true nemesis and loves playing with wide Shockwaves and wielding sniper rifles). Still, should be fun fighting reapers in part three. Looking forward to seeing what an Elcor and Asari Husk looks like. Especially the Asari husks. They're gonna be dangerous because they can protect their fellow husks with biotic barriers…
ayesinback at 2:34PM, Dec. 27, 2011
(online)
my Mutti -

Today was tough because it was the fall apart day, following yesterday's “stiff upper lip” day, which was when my husband, our 2 kids and I visited my Mom and Dad for Christmas gifting.
We had a lovely visit, but what was evident in Feb., that my Mom is “having trouble” cannot be ignored now. She is a woman who is still a phenomenal proofreader. She holds high expectations for Everything. For most of my life, it hasn't been easy to be one of her kids. The critiquing, the “devil's advocacies” . . . sit up straight, send out your thank you notes - so much more.

But now - mini strokes? dementia? (my Dad believes dementia, so he doesn't push to get her into to see a neurologist) - she can't find her words. And you can see that those words are in her head. she can't get them out. so she'll collapse into saying “whatever”. or will just look out into a distance that only she can see. And her balance - I use to think she liked the grape far too much, but she hardly had any yesterday. When I came in from outside, I found her on the floor, and she just sweetly asked “Please help me up.”

Earlier there had been a bit of a scene btwn Mom Later, when my Dad found me outside for a “breather”, he shared that it's getting tough. What broke my heart, and that has had me crying off and on again today, was when he told me that there are times that he's not sure she's still there. It's so hard for her - how much will she fight? how much can she fight?. And then he said: “I told her: ‘Don’t you leave me. DON'T you Leave Me!'” She just turned 74.

My dragon lady Mom has become Mutti in my heart. Mutti is the word my brother brought home to us when he was studying German in high school. It means Mommy, or even Mummy. At the time, it was a huge crack up because my mother never found it natural to be the nurturing, “have a cookie” type of Mom.

But now she's one of the sweetest, dearest . . .

yeah - I was even worse earlier (I even sang a pathetic song to try to wring this emotion from my system) but what happened? I came to moan and groan, but decided to listen first to the quackcast. The very first seconds took me by surprise and I spontaneously laughed outloud. and then there was a nice PQ, and suddenly the melancholia was so much less.

I really love you guys <3
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Lonnehart at 2:53PM, Dec. 27, 2011
(online)
Ugh… I know all too well what it's like to watch your mother deteriorate slowly over the course of time. I suggest having a doctor check her, but that's your family's decision. Just cherish every moment you do have with your mother… normal or not. And keep her as comfortable as you can. :)
Ozoneocean at 12:13AM, Dec. 28, 2011
(online)
That's a shame Ayes. I love the performance of the Simon and Garfunkel song. Very apt! You've a great voice, which is why it was so fantastic for the Quackcast performance.

Thank you again for that! And your laugh was a boon from heaven! I will keep that in mind for future edits ^_^
bravo1102 at 12:40AM, Dec. 28, 2011
(offline)
There's little that can be said about dementia or mini-strokes and the disappearance of someone you love. I've seen it with my neighbor and my father. Then there's dealing with it at work.

It's about coping and finding solutions.
Lonnehart at 1:29AM, Dec. 28, 2011
(online)
….

Okay… maybe this video link will cheer everyone up. Or make them more depressed… or make them melt onto their keyboards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOV18WKNtgI
Well, it cheered me up when I couldn't visit my nieces for too long on Christmas Day due to the flu…
last edited on Dec. 28, 2011 10:26AM
ayesinback at 7:27AM, Dec. 28, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
….

Okay… maybe this video link will cheer everyone up. Or make them more depressed… or make them melt onto their keyboards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOV18WKNtgI

SO CUTE!!! i want one

Thanks for posting the link, L!
Lonnehart at 2:12PM, Dec. 28, 2011
(online)
Just another video link to cheer everyone up…

And wow… this guy looks cheap.

Kermit News On Six Dollar Man

Now if an army deployed these as soldiers…
bravo1102 at 11:24PM, Dec. 28, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
Just another video link to cheer everyone up…

And wow… this guy looks cheap.

Kermit News On Six Dollar Man

Now if an army deployed these as soldiers…
OMG I saw that bitfirst broadcastas a little'un! It's old with Jim Henson as Kermit. I wonder if they recycled it with Bunsen Honeydew and Muppet Labs on the Muppet Show?

Love the Muppets. Thank you.

I have been doing my utmost to keep my wife home and resting. She's been doing toomuch running around and is in tons of pain because of that. So time to slow down dear and put your foot up!

Got some costumes for the action figures today. The envelope was open all the way from Hong Kong but nothing was missing. But then who would want black and grey business suits for Cy Girls? There's tons of coveralls and trench coats, Punk outfitsand corsets with swords and guns but a dearth of business suits.
Froggtreecomics at 1:57PM, Dec. 29, 2011
(offline)
Gahh its that weird week inbetween Christmas and New Year again. I am so bored.
Anyone know any jokes? Mustn't start playing WoW again. Do something constructive…

How hard is knitting? I may take it up. I could use a scarf.
Genejoke at 3:48PM, Dec. 29, 2011
(online)
you could knit a story onto a scarf and photograph it then post it here on DD…
jokes…
If prison taught me one thing, it was that fist can be a verb.
AlceX at 6:59AM, Dec. 30, 2011
(offline)
Those bunnies are so cute. Cheered me up.
My grandfather is currently in the hospital. He doesn't seem to be in a critical state, but the problem is that nobody has an idea of what he has. He can barely lift his arms and move his legs, and that's pretty much what we know. My grandfather has generally been a pretty healthy guy, so my optimist side keeps telling me he'll get better, but who knows…
ayesinback at 10:15AM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
@AlceX - I hope your grandfather will be OK. A hospital is just not a fun place to be.

Bunnies and jokes seem like a good idea. Here's a joke sent to me recently:

All Saints Lutheran Church has a weekly husbands marriage seminar. At the session last week, the Pastor asked Ole Westrum, who was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

Vell, Ole replied to the assembled husbands, Ive tried to treat her nice, spend da money on her, but best of all, I took her to Norvay for da 20th anniversary!

The Pastor responded, Ole, you are an amazing inspiration to all the husbands here! Please tell us what you are planning for your 50th anniversary. Ole proudly replied, Im a-gonna go get her!
Genejoke at 10:32AM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
well this thread is for the chopping block in a day or two, who wil get the last word? My money is on school monkey.
ayesinback at 10:46AM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
well this thread is for the chopping block in a day or two, who wil get the last word? My money is on school monkey.
good possibility. I think a CFer might take a run for it - quite up seventy2's alley
Ozoneocean at 11:08AM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
Good joke there!

As to the thread, last time I complained about the arbitrary yearly locking, so this tome when the thread was started, the date wasn't included (e.g. 2011 rant thread).
So this one will NOT be locked at the end of the year! ^_^

The locking of long threads has some stupid history… When the site was first custom redesigned by Volte years ago, the forums had a silly bug in them so that when you were writing a reply post every single post in the thread, along with all the accompanying posted images and videos were loaded in the post preview pane… Which meant that the DD servers would suddenly be delivering you megabytes upon megabytes of data from the slow old databases, and that meant that the longer a thread was, the longer it took to load a reply so it wasn't worth it. So locking long threads was the only way.
Used to be HELL with the photo threads.

We haven't had that stupid issue for years now, but the tradition stuck because we kept doing those yearly titles and with the forums then you couldn't change titles… Now we can though, so there are no issues that way either.

So, this will not be arbitrarily locked. :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon